Weekend Programmer

So I'm working in the office this weekend. During the normal weekdays I'm blessed with the constant distraction of designers and other programmers to give my mind breaks from glaring at code and giving me something to do when waiting on compiles. But since hardly anyone's here today and probably not tomorrow, I need something else to distract me, lest I get too much done.

So... what do people want answered specifically? Try to keep your questions as specific as possible. I won't reveal story details though *taps the trusty sphere of ignorance*, but just about anything else I'll at least try to answer as long it isn't asking something I'm not allowed to reveal. And if I can't answer it for some reason, I'll at least let you know. :)

-Akari

Old Skool & I were just discussing:

Will there be more than 1 romancable character given the PC's gender? For example, in KOTOR, if I was a DS female character, I might have wanted to persue the Canderous avenue rather than be locked into Carth. Shoot, if she wasn't a Cathar, I might have rather gone for Juhani, than Bastilla.

What is the city planet?

City planet? Point to a screen shot in specific? I think the one that's been in the screen shots lately is on Onderon.

Is the queen of Onderon a romance?

Where was this Queen mentioned, anyway? Was it a preview article or something? I don't know anything about this.

Sorry if this has been asked, but will there be more than one romance per gender?

I so totally don't know. But I'm going to put this on my list of things to ask a designer whenever I get a chance.

Have you developed your pet thing?

Yeah. It'll be used for at least one character. More if the designers come up with other things to do with it.

Is Feargus still fetching the coffee?

As a non-coffee drinker, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm missing out on one of the great company perks. :)

See how fun this is? Ask questions and get constant non-answers!

-Akari

Old Skool & I were just discussing:

Will there be more than 1 romancable character given the PC's gender? For example, in KOTOR, if I was a DS female character, I might have wanted to persue the Canderous avenue rather than be locked into Carth. Shoot, if she wasn't a Cathar, I might have rather gone for Juhani, than Bastilla.

Yeah, I'm not sure, like I mentioned in my last reply. I'll ask a designer about this one sometime. :)

-Akari

1: if you can answer this what planets other than the ones that have been told to us can you mention

2: will blasters be more effective and will there be new models and feats for blasters

3: will the other sabre colors like orange or turquoise have to be downloaded of xbox live

1: if you can answer this what planets other than the ones that have been told to us can you mention

Can't say, sorry. That's press release material. :)

2: will blasters be more effective and will there be new models and feats for blasters

They will be. I don't know about new models but I do know there's new textures on them. I would imagine that there's some new models as well, but don't know for certain. There are feats for them. There's also flourishes for them.

will the other sabre colors like orange or turquoise have to be downloaded of xbox live

Nope. All the saber colors should be included with the shipped game.

-Akari

Any word on how the LucasArts contest winner (me) will be used in the game?

There's a contest? :)

*Goes to read Lucas Art's site*

Sorry, no idea what the plans are there.

-Akari

Yeah, last year there was a sweepstakes to win an appearance in an upcoming LucasArts game along with some other very cool stuff. I found out back in January that I had won and I took a trip out to San Rafael and did a whole bunch of cool stuff out there. I've been told my appearance will be in KOTOR II and I've seen a headshot of myself which is also my avatar, but I don't know any other details.

What are somethings being considered for a X-box (and hopefully patch) live release?

Is one of the new saber colors silver/white?

Do you guys have a better idea of the amount of gameplay hours?

What is a new alien race we might run across?

For me, a major draw to KOTOR was the characters. Do you have any idea what the timeframe is as far as official releases of info regarding different characters that'll be in the game? I know you can't go & start naming names, but personally I'd like to have info that goes farther than speculation pertaining to the Kreia, Atris & Masked Sith character.

Okay we know that there are Jedi classes like Guardian, Sentinel, and Consular.

These classes will lead to the prestige Jedi Classes of Master, Watchman, and Weapon Master.

But what about the Sith beginning classes?

Will the Sith have seperate classes like Sith Acolyte, Sith Warrior, and finally Sith Sorcerer or Sith Witch that will lead to the Sith Prestige classes?