Knights of the New Republic

I think such a story would have to be set waaaaay after the time of Luke Skywalker and Company.

I think a good villain would be a corrupt politician. One that everyone knows is corrupt, but has way too much power to be taken down. When I say power, I don't mean power as in Jedi or Sith power, but influential power. This person would have connections all over the place and control of many corporations whether it is public or not.

To incorporate a Jedi character, you could have the Jedi go through missions and in each mission you discover pieces of some evil plans, but can't really tie it down. Once you have all the pieces you find out that the politician is behind some evil plot (I don't know what, but since it is Star Wars it is probably taking over the galaxy).

I just like the idea of having a "regular" evil dude. Not some insanely powerful Sith Lord.

Maybe the Jedi vs. The EU fanatics, there totalitarian rule of Kevin J. Anderson and Michael A. Stackpole has corrupted a large section of the Star Wars fanbase, making them blind and opinionnated. They join forces with the Trekies in an attempt to run the Star Wars galaxy into the ground, by offering confusing and lackluster novels.

You are a young Jedi at Luke Skywalker's academy (est. 5 yrs. after ROTJ) and it is your job to start a letter writing campaign to Lucas Arts LTD. to put an end to there reign of terror. Along the way you'll engage in idiotic thread debates against "EUers" who are oblivious to reason, experience the pain of writers cramp, and finally the greatest test and most challenging, You must read all "EU" novels so that you can pick out individual discrepancies, May the Force Be With You

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Maybe the Jedi vs. The EU fanatics, there totalitarian rule of Kevin J. Anderson and Michael A. Stackpole has corrupted a large section of the Star Wars fanbase, making them blind and opinionnated. They join forces with the Trekies in an attempt to run the Star Wars galaxy into the ground, by offering confusing and lackluster novels.

You are a young Jedi at Luke Skywalker's academy (est. 5 yrs. after ROTJ) and it is your job to start a letter writing campaign to Lucas Arts LTD. to put an end to there reign of terror. Along the way you'll engage in idiotic thread debates against "EUers" who are oblivious to reason, experience the pain of writers cramp, and finally the greatest test and most challenging, You must read all "EU" novels so that you can pick out individual discrepancies, May the Force Be With You

Ok I was with you upto the the point where you said that the trekies would join force with the hords following Kevin J. Anderson and Michael A. Stackpole and be corrupted. Since I am a trekie and first off I haven't got a clue who they are :lol: , but I don't think We trekies would be swayed so easily to the dark side. :lol:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

As far as a third party could go, I'd have to say that, while the novels in which the series ran in were not of the greatest calibur, the Yuuzhan Vong of 'The New Jedi Order' was quite an interesting race, what with thier obsession with pain and all, and the little fact that the force effects them not.

Jedi v.s Sith v.s Vong, the ultimate showdown for the galaxy. You can then chose either to be a Human or a Yuzhan Vong character in the begining of the game, and if you chose to go Vong, you have such great abilities as, snake lance, force disruption, and excrutiating health (the equivilent of force heal)

Seriously though, the Vong were a cool enemy, even if the novels they were in sucked.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

I was actually very disappointed by Salvatore's effort as well

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It would have to be pre-Vong to use that title. In the NJO the New Republic is replaced by The Galactic Alliance.

The most likely setting would be contemperanious with Jedi Acadamy.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I guess I'm sorry about the Trekies comment, maybe

Developing a post-RotJ Knights is a difficult idea to do right. If the devs choose to follow the EU novels and comics they'd use to some degree the Imperial Remnant, maybe the Hutt Syndicate or groups similar to that. Since the Sith of this time follow the One Master/Disciple doctrine of Darth Bane, there would be a shortage evenly matched opponents for the Jedi to counter Lightsabers and Force Powers. I'm not sure how powerful Dathomirian Force Witches are in this regard but I doubt they'd make good main villains. They would either have to circumvent this by ignoring the doctrine to create Sith opponents, as the Jedi Knight games have done, or use the Yuuzhan Vong should they remain completely faithful.

Considering how a lot of people really don't like the NJO, the Vong idea would not be a smart move in my opinion. Personally everything about the Vong was one of the things I most hated about the NJO series. No offense to ShadowFaxIV and people that liked the series or the Vong as a concept.

The only way I really could see a Knights of the New Republic working would be to make it 1000s of years after RotJ, this way they can pretty much come up with everything that's going on. They'd have even more freedom to create than the devs making KotOR games since that far ahead hasn't even been tapped into. Plus it allows for EU enthusiasts to not have their timelines messed with.

As for an enemy, I don't mind continuing to fight the Sith at all. To me the Sith are the counterparts of the Jedi, especially if the Sith were set up more like the Jedi and less like the Empire. You can have an Empire-like enemy also to balance the enemies with blasters while the Sith are more Jedi-like opponents. Maybe they're not even working together and you're fighting multiple groups for different reasons.

Anyway my two cents :blink:

Hmm, Muad'Dib raises a valid point, IMO. Either, setting things before ROTJ or long after would be preferrable.

Still, I would appreciate some sort of story involving perhaps an out of the ordinary force adept with hubris, or something similar. Sith/Jedi battles are fun, but some sort of third party would only serve to make things interesting, IMO.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I think a good villain would be a corrupt politician.  One that everyone knows is corrupt, but has way too much power to be taken down.  When I say power, I don't mean power as in Jedi or Sith power, but influential power.  This person would have connections all over the place and control of many corporations whether it is public or not. 

Lex Luthor.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think this post only shows how stupid you are. There are millions of fans of Zahn, Anderson and especially Stackpole. There are dozens of star wars EU related internet sites and EU is important for too many people.

If you belong to those who don't like star wars universe why you are here? Star Wars Universe is mainly for dedicated fans (or only for them) who like novels and read them. Everyone else can just f...ck off.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

As far as a third party could go, I'd have to say that, while the novels in which the series ran in were not of the greatest calibur, the Yuuzhan Vong of 'The New Jedi Order' was quite an interesting race, what with thier obsession with pain and all, and the little fact that the force effects them not.

Jedi v.s Sith v.s Vong, the ultimate showdown for the galaxy.  You can then chose either to be a Human or a Yuzhan Vong character in the begining of the game, and if you chose to go Vong, you have such great abilities as, snake lance, force disruption, and excrutiating health (the equivilent of force heal)

Seriously though, the Vong were a cool enemy, even if the novels they were in sucked.

I love the Yuuzhan Vong as much as i love the midichlorians, better to keep those out of the picture entirely IMO.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i thought jar jar was.... no wait its ewoks beatin the empire.... what am i saying its greeto shooting first.... no its hayden at the end of ROTJ

to many mistakes o say ones the worst. i hate them all

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I think this post only shows how stupid you are. There are millions of fans of Zahn, Anderson and especially Stackpole. There are dozens of star wars EU related internet sites and EU is important for too many people.

If you belong to those who don't like star wars universe why you are here? Star Wars Universe is mainly for dedicated fans (or only for them) who like novels and read them. Everyone else can just f...ck off.

I don't really care what you think, and millions, well maybe, but its safe to say that a very large group of people who bought those novels and read those novel, dislike the EU. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like it, you know I'm not the only one who doesn't like it. I love good novels and read them all the time, thats pretty much why I don't read "EU" novels anymore, And as for your last statement its a testiment to your creativity, how'd you ever come up with that one?

No KNights of the New Republic I hate the idea, never never never. Jump off cliff into solid rock, Saw off leg, run into traffic, etc.

This is KotOR II forum not KOTNR so take it somewhere else.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Are you stupid?

Anderson and Zahn's books where the best of all EU. How could you diss them...have you even READ the books?

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud