Setting?

My guess is they're going to set it in some sort of area, most likely with people in it. Maybe aliens, maybe some sort of demihumans. Likely it will be in a time period somewhere between prehistoric and far future.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My guess is they're going to set it in some sort of area, most likely with people in it. Maybe aliens, maybe some sort of demihumans. Likely it will be in a time period somewhere between prehistoric and far future.

maybe like...o I don' t know... a long time ago in a galaxy far far away? ;)

I swear, few people will look like bigger asses than me if this game isn't kotor2.

We'll never hear the end of it from the devs if it doesn't turn out to be KOTOR2.

As far as I'm concerned, this new game could be a cat life simulator. IMO Kotor wasn't that good game that it would deserve a sequel. You play it once and ditto. There's nothing more in it. Of course if you're a SW fan you might play it on the other side of the force, but generally... blah.

We'll never hear the end of it from the devs if it doesn't turn out to be KOTOR2.

As far as I'm concerned, this new game could be a cat life simulator. IMO Kotor wasn't that good game that it would deserve a sequel. You play it once and ditto. There's nothing more in it. Of course if you're a SW fan you might play it on the other side of the force, but generally... blah.

There are many SW fans out there, believe me. A sequel would generate a huge income just because of the game's title.

KOTOR might not have been the best game ever, but with the talents at Obisidian the weak points of it should easily be remedied. After all, KOTOR was according to me, the best Bioware have made besides BG2.

And, honestly, in which ways were those Fallout games that wonderful? Boring and shallow characters, repetitive combat, and horrible balancing don't great games make.

I don't hope that this is KOTOR2 as I am not that fond of the Star Wars universe, but it would have the great side effect of a probable big hit that would help give Obisidan a strong position for the future. And which setting is used is so much less important than how it is used.

Huk, did You even get further than Arroyo? :))

I played through both Fallouts a couple of times, just to see how much changed if I tried other characters and tactics. And... no. OK games, but not much more than that. In order to enjoy the second route through I set strict limitations on myself (not allowed to steal, lie to people or use guns...) but still ended up being just another ok experience. Mostly because of the one dimensional characters and the repetitive gameplay. (As I could solve balancing issues by just not allowing myself to do things that made it too easy.)

The idea of the Fallout world is interesting. And the special character building system shows a lot of promise.

Huk, did You even get further than Arroyo? :))

I played through both Fallouts a couple of times, just to see how much changed if I tried other characters and tactics. And... no. OK games, but not much more than that. In order to enjoy the second route through I set strict limitations on myself (not allowed to steal, lie to people or use guns...) but still ended up being just another ok experience. Mostly because of the one dimensional characters and the repetitive gameplay. (As I could solve balancing issues by just not allowing myself to do things that made it too easy.)

The idea of the Fallout world is interesting. And the special character building system shows a lot of promise.

It is then very likely that You did something wrong while trying to make the game exciting for Yourself. I've finished each Fallout at least a hundred times (and I'm not exaggerating here), and I don't seem to have enough of it. I doubt this is because of some appearent difference between my taste and Yours. But know for sure, that by playing the game one time You can't get even 1/10 of the available quests done, and I'm pretty positive of that. You need to try the game with different statistics (ever tried playing with a character with lower intelligence than 3? that simply kills :p ), You need to make waaay more limitations on Yourself than You did, You need to do everything in a different order than You did last time. And then repeat everything with a female character.

Checkout the topic about Fallout 1 and 2 in the RPG's section of this board.

One thing I can guarantee: if You've finished the game only once, it will be an OK game to You, but to get the feel of it, and to understand while so many people are fascinated by this game, You would have to finish it at least a couple of times (first finish Fallout 1, then wait even a couple of months, and finish fallout2. And repeat :)).

Regards.