Will it be localized in Russia?

More or less already has. In alot of places its the common trade language.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I am from Bulgaria and have to say that some of the games (not all) here have lower prices than in US (50$ for Bulgaria is a lot of money - the average monthly salary is 250$). By the way, I also would like to know if there will be different prices for K2 in different countries.

I think it is a matter of market size whether there will be a translated local version of KotOR. But unfortunately I don't know the current economic situation in Russia.

Russia has a lot of citizens but what is with smaller countries, like Netherlands i.e.?

I wonder which different dubbed versions of KotOR exist.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Я Русский из Москвы!

It is true that some pirated copies are missing movies and some othe stuff sometimes, but then you need to know good pirates to by from.

Я тоже из Москвы!

My KotOR was from 7 wolf.

Fargus, Triada, Fargus are good pirates if it is posible to describe pirates positive :(

Even though my first languafe isn't english I don't like audio dubbed productions (although it's perfectly fine with me if they do have subtitles).

I believe that whene you are audio dubbing a work it looses value, since translation will never be the excact way it was meant to be. I really don't like when the French or the Germans are dubbing films instead of subtitling them. Before you judge me, yes I've watched french movies (with subs). But I believe by dubbing you 're ruinning another s' person work.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Even though my first languafe isn't english I don't like audio dubbed productions (although it's perfectly fine with me if they do have subtitles).

I believe that whene you are audio dubbing a work it looses value, since translation will never be the excact way it was meant to be. I really don't like when the French or the Germans are dubbing films instead of subtitling them. Before you judge me, yes I've watched french movies (with subs). But I believe by dubbing you 're ruinning another s' person work.

There was a good audio dubbing in Icewind Dale II, good actors and good voices.

Not that much money, in the US minium wage is 5-12 bucks an hour.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Can you really enjoy a film reading all the shortened dialogue on the bottom? Subs are impertinences! I have to express my condolences for people from the Netherlands who constantly have to read subtitles...

Also movies are very bad examples because for the dubbing they try to choose the best sounding voice for each character. The original actors often have awful voices, speak a bad slang or even mumble.

But, of course, I don't know whether a movie sounds better after translating it to French... :lol:

I liked voices in english KOTOR1, but I didn't heard russian.

Personaly to me the best company is Golden Games (they make only english versions) and all movies and sound are in the game they never cut them like some other "buisnismen" do :) trying to earn more money in lover number of the cd's. But most of the sellers (at least of thous I now) always tell me witch copy is full and witch has some things cut out.

But I couldn't even by KOTOR1 TODAY :angry: not to mension KOTOR2 becose nobody is shiping this game to my country. If you want original you must order it personaly from other europe companyes, but then you better get ready 250$ for the game becose most europe put very high prices on the games. To them it low but not from where I'm from :(

Prated Copy>

Release date 1 week around the official release date. Mostly before the the official release date :lol:

Only 5$ :lol:

No bugs, and if there are you can go and change the game into bugfree, and it only takes 1 h. :p

Let them hate us, as long as they fear us.

But I couldn't even by KOTOR1 TODAY  :angry: not to mension KOTOR2 becose nobody is shiping this game to my country. If you want original you must order it personaly from other europe companyes, but then you better get ready 250$ for the game becose most europe put very high prices on the games. To them it low but not from where I'm from  :)

after a 1 min googling: secure.gameswarehouse.com.au - au$39 + international airmail shipping (money orders accepted)

:)

ps. don't ask me what is the exchange rate - i'm not australian.

pps. I wonder if they would make a (male hen)ney-localized version. It would be a riot for sure, I'm buying it....

ppps. ****e, obsidian's lang filter HATES brits :))

"Can you really enjoy a film reading all the shortened dialogue on the bottom?"

Well, reading the subtitles is done almost subconciously and most of the films I watch are in language I understand so the subtitles are there just as a back up. Muchos better than dubbing, which is practically raping the film.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Well, reading the subtitles is done almost subconciously and most of the films I watch are in language I understand so the subtitles are there just as a back up. Muchos better than dubbing, which is practically raping the film.

Only when done badly.

Where I come from they do it with high expenditure.

Talking about subtitles. I read them meny times in KOTOR game, and if i'm not mistaking you read them too, unless you understand all alien languages    :lol:

Talking about films without aliens. :)

Only when done badly.

Where I come from they do it with high expenditure.

Well on the other hand you learn an extensive amount of English if you don't translate them .. I watched Cartoon Network almost from birth! :lol: and I spoke English quite fluenty by age 6! :) so I'm all for subtitles! It's a great way to learn a language .. and the negative aspect of dubbing is; you can't watch tv in France because they have dubbed each movie!!!

And subtitles = good in a game like KOTOR if you miss a bit of the dialogue .. you can just read it .. :) also for those who read english much better than they understand it verbally ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I'd answer this in Russian if I wasn't at work, where I don't have Cyrillic font styles installed, but here goes anyway...

As far as KotOR II goes, I have absolutely no idea. There's probably a small chance, however, as in a recent interview Feargus (one of the founders of Obsidian) said that they were looking into translations into Russian and Polish for Neverwinter Nights 2. Since that game's going to be coming out long after KotOR II does, they probably won't be able to do it. Then again, even with NWN 2 they described it as something they'd look into it they had time, so I'd say it's a hope for it at best kind of thing.

But, as many have stated, the Russian pirate market will almost certainly have the game out and far cheaper than an unlocalized official copy long before the game ships to Russia, so I really wouldn't worry about it.

On a side note, I love the Russian pirate market. I brought back at least twenty DVDs last time I was over there, some of them from movies that hadn't even come out in the States yet.

Man. This is making me miss Baltika #7.