A new style RPG

kymokar

I love D&D but as a computer game in real time the rules I feel are obsolete... At least for me they are...

I really liked NWN for playing on line... but it lacked so much as have every RPG on line game so far... A lot has been technology but now I dont think that is the case...

Its state of mind and same old same old... every RPG is based some how off D&D rules, I am tiered of it...

Want some thing that will stand up to the test time.... On line RPG that I will be able to start on one server and 6 month say hey this is still fun and in one year say hey I am still having fun here...

What will that take... well I have a few Ideas I was hoping to hear other peoples ideas for a PERFECT ON LINE RPG...

The number One thing... Character creation and customizations

by this I mean 10 to 20 races 3 body styles 100s of heads any hair, eyes or lip colors, skin color, sliding height scales... lots of voice sets.. and avatars and make this all expandable...

2) Character progression (Leveling)

I would like to see say 3 type of points given for tasks not just Exp points but trade points and skill points..

something where a level is very hard 100000 points and when you level you pick a trade or class out 30 level 2 classes and all that does is give you more Hit Points and opens up new skills for you to sink skill points into...

and while your waiting to level you are getting skill points for things you kill or do...

these skill points can be saved or used as you go to advance in skills out of the basic 100 or so skill available to level 1 character plus the 100 available for you class or profession...

As skills progress and you sink skill points into them they get better and open up new skills as does taking a new Class when you level... This adds to more latteral development so while every one on the server advances in skills their Characters become very unquie and at the same time HP stays low as does Levels because they are much harder to achive....

Add trade points which could be sold for advancing trade skills 1 for 1 or sold for gold 2 for 1 (selling your skills" working") or for Skill Points 4 to 1 or EXP points 10 to 1.. this way one has some control over you goals by being able to shift these points...

it may take one person 1 week to make level 2 and they would still be less powerful then a level one who has traded all his trade points for skill points and advanced a skill like say Magic misslies to its fullest and both of these to might fall to the worrior who traded all is trade points for Gold and bought the best equipment...

and this system would add to The monsters as well making them more custom you could have a goblin archer (skill short bow 5 points) and they would have 7 hps and you could have goblin archer (skill short bow 15 points) and they would still have 7 hps..

Professions....

level one professions

trickster

brawler

foot pad

Wilder

Adventurer

swords man

woods man

teller

squire

cleric

bowman

scribe

mage

each Class giving say 20 plus skills plus the 50 plus level O skills every one gets also some of the profession grant skills that add to HP other points need to play..

like a brawler might have a skill called (thick skull) that cost 3 skill points to raise a level and grants damage reduction by blut weapons by X amount per skill rasie and no other profession would have that skill... It would be anybodys folly to attack a character with a level of brawler with a blunt weapon if he had his(thick skull skilled raised) heck a level 3 character could lose a battle to a level 1 brawler if he attacked him with a mace..

level 2 professions would have prerequisits

Knight - you would have to have a level of one of these (woodsman, swordsman, brawler or adventurer)

crusader- (swordsman, cleric, adventurer, scribe)

conjourer- (mage, scribe, trickster, adventurer)

song weaver- (wilder, trickster, teller, adventurer)

so forth so one might have to pick two level one professions before moving on to a level two profession you still gain all the perks of a level HP and new skills to buy may take a bit longer to get a level 3 profession but at the same time you will be more versitle.... there would be around 10 professions lplus per level... all costing around 100000 xp points

OOH WELL..... thats some of the things I would like to see for a MMORPG

This could be done with some thing like NWN easy...

DOES ANY ONE ELSE HAVE IDEAS FOR A NEW FRESH MMORPG TO stop the uberness and keep every occupide for a long time to come....

OOH WELL..... thats some of the things I would like to see for a MMORPG

This could be done with some thing like NWN easy...

DOES ANY ONE ELSE HAVE IDEAS FOR A NEW FRESH MMORPG TO stop the uberness and keep every occupide for a long time to come....

I agree about the MMORPG thing. This is the reason I don't pay 15 bucks a month to run around and level a character, so I can hit stuff, so I can get buffer, so I can hit stuff better, then go around and hit more stuff...repeat...

But as for NWN2...eh...it's not an MMORPG and If it ain't baroque...