Name Meanings

I read somewhere that another meaning of Malak is king from this website

Here's the excerpt:

It comes from the Hebrew Malak, meaning Angel. A secondary meaning of Malak is king. Not to mention Malach which means to vanish, whose root word is Maal, which refers to one who commits a severe transgression or trespass. (From Dan Greenberg)

I also met a guy called Juhani - he was Finnish :lol: I didn't know it meant John.

I agree that Revan probably came from revenant.

Jolee I thought came from 'jolly' but maybe not.

Canderous I thought was a play on cankerous.

I agree that Bastila probably comes from the name Bastille because she was a prison of the Jedi Code and her destiny until Revan freed her. The surname shan could come from the Chinese character meaning kindness.

That's all I thought up or googled up :lol:

Actually there was a thread some time ago on Bioware similar to this, unfortunately I cannot find it so no links but one of the devs dropped in and explained Bastila's name (perhaps others but I cannot remember)

Bastila was originally the name of the Juhani character. The root of the name is Bast, taken from the Egyptian cat goddess, which given Juhani's species is not too surprising. They like the name and decided to give it to the female lead.

Actually Bast is not just the Egyptian Cat Goddess but also the Goddess of Love, Life and Sex so it works for me. :lol:

Gotag

yeah I was probably pretty far off with Revamp .. :-

Revan is close to Revenge, revelation and revenant all things from the story .. so I think it's a good guess they derived the name from these sources!

Fortune favors the bald.

according to an website I found .. Carth originates from swedish which means "Earth" .. but I'm not familiar with that word (I'm from Denmark neighbour to Sweden)

I am from Sweden and I've never heard the word Carth. :-

By the way, tjena Rosbjerg! :p

Yeah I didn't think it was swedish either .. og hej til dig friduric! :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Theres bound to be a name that when entered opens up a easter egg or something

In KOTOR 1, wasn't there some type of thing with the Homestarr Runner name or something? I thought I head something about that, not sure through.

I believe you got names of Homestar Runner characters if you kept pressing 'random name' all the time.