Where will you learn new powers?

It has been revealed that force crush will not be available by the character untill they are instructed by a npc. This idea of learning powers adds more depth rather than just selecting any power at level-up.

This begs the question- who will teach you these powers?

Force crush.

It makes sense that a sith (living or dead) will instruct you on the use of this dark power, probably on Korriban. This power will also probably be available only to darksiders (again leaving lightsider with no good offensive powers)

Battle meditation

Since we know that battle-meditation is an extremely rare power mastered by very few i think that it makes sense that you can only be instructed by one who already knows that power. This means that perhaps Bastilla could make an apperance to pass on her knowledge. She would teach both light and darksiders depending on her alignment from KOTOR.

Thoughts anyone?

(again leaving lightsider with no good offensive powers)

Do they really need any? The Light Side isn't really about offensive in and of itself.

And it's not like a Lightsider can't use the DS powers,it just costs a little more.

As for your idea,makes sense on both. Though if Battle Med is given to you by Bas I hope it's not a situation where you don't have access to that power late into the game.

or maybe a holocron

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Nice idea that all of the Force Powers wont be available when you level up...I could see it now. A Sith teaching me Force Crush..AHHHHH!!! ::Crunch::

I agree that in KOTOR Lightsiders got the shaft on Force Powers...But there was a time when i played a LS Consular and i had about 1 or 2 DS powers...Hardly cost me any extra Force Points..

Lightside powers were poor compared to darkside.

Consider stun and fear. They caused the same effect yet when you look at force point cost

stun=20, fear=10. Level 2 fear affected a group of enemies but you had to wait untill level 3 stun to do that.

Also level 3 fear was avalable at level 12. level 3 stun at level 15.

Lightside was messed.

Nice idea that all of the Force Powers wont be available when you level up...I could see it now. A Sith teaching me Force Crush..AHHHHH!!! ::Crunch::

I agree that in KOTOR Lightsiders got the shaft on Force Powers...But there was a time when i played a LS Consular and i had about 1 or 2 DS powers...Hardly cost me any extra Force Points..

lightside is for more of the hardcore players, you're supposed to get a joy from helping people, not gettin any money, etc...LS isn't supposed to have offensive force powers save for push, wave, etc...if you choose to play LS the struggle alone is what should give you incentive to play, not extra force powers, in the end i don't see why anyone would choose to play LS, after 3 or 4 run throughs as a DS on the first KotOR i played LS (cuz im hardcore :lol:) and found DS to be much funner but LS was a little bit more fulfilling...

The right combo of LS powers can make the DS powers rather useless. Never had a prob with Sith using DS powers on my characters.

Armor,Valor,Force Res. DS powers almost never got through.

yeah but cummon u hav to admitt its more fun to pound on sum1 with ur kickass lightning than sit there nd let them use all the fun powers, and anyone hu says the lightside isnt about offensivenss fine but lets not forget in a fight to the death ur gunna kill sum1 be it with a lightsaber or powers, dus it rele matter which...

maybe you find an ancient sith scroll on korriban and it instructs u in the way of the lost art of froce crush. and maybe tho however unlikely it tells u that force crush is an extension of choke a fourth tier of the power

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

yeah but cummon u hav to admitt its more fun to pound on sum1 with ur kickass lightning than sit there nd let them use all the fun powers, and anyone hu says the lightside isnt about offensivenss fine but lets not forget in a fight to the death ur gunna kill sum1 be it with a lightsaber or powers, dus it rele matter which...

Everyone is different,I personally really could care less about the DS powers. If I really wanted one or two I'd play LS Con and pick 'em up. When it comes to powers in games,call it Force or Magic or whatever,I've always used ones to boost my characters Def and used Str to kill the enemy. I could care less how long a fight takes as long as my character(s)don't die. So If I have to slug it out a little,but none of my party ever comes close to getting killed I'm happy. Not everyone is like that,which is fine. But liking the DS more then LS doesn't mean th LS isn't any good or isn't powerful. Just all in how you play.

And your right you do have to kill the enemy,be it with your Lightsaber or the Force, but for someone like myself who really doesn't care how flashy something looks or how much damage it does,the Lightsaber is usually what strikes the blow.

I've only bothered to use the combat feats(flurry,ect) on my character once. Normally I use the feats I have on Def.

hmmm interesting, iv never thort of playing it that way? doesnt it make combat a hell of a lot harder and kinda boring?

Boring isn't a call I can make. Everyone will have their own POV. I personally don't think so no.

Combat in certain situations can be more diffcult because the damage you dish out is mid to low in range. But if a battle takes 20 minutes and during that 20 minutes none of my characters come close to being killed and I win,then I'm happy with that.

In other situations it can be no problem. Some fights I don't get scratched because of my Def.

I play with a Solider/Con build a lot so it makes a balanced character that can do decent mid range damage and still has a lot of force powers/points. Keeps everyone alive and still does enough damage to win. Just how I like to play.

Last time I played Scout/Guard and I used med armor through out most of the game. Picked almost all powers that could be used with armor and then Force Armor and Breach which I used in the last fight when I had the SF robes. Most fights with that character were a breeze.

Playing ligthside the first time in Kotor I missed all the fun that is mind domination.

I use the Dominate Mind powere every time I play,and I always play light ;)

Easy way to either avoid problems you don't want or avoid paying cash to a company you know is working with the Sith. Or even get read of some esacaped giant toads that might happen to find their way onto your ship.