Separate forum for spoilers?

That's several threads now that have had "Spoilers" or "Potential spoilers" or something in the title (and that I've avoided).

To the mods/admins/whoever: I know it's a bit early since the Xbox release isn't out for two months or so yet, but could we have a separate "Spoilers" forum and segregate all of them to there rather than having them go into "General discussion"? I'd rather not have to avoid these forums entirely for too long (especially since I'll be waiting for the PC release in the UK)...

I agree. It would be nice to go to a sperate space for the spoilers. That way people who do not want to see them do not have to as well as cutting down the nuber of posts in the General Disscussion. B)

But the question has to be asked what makes it a spoiler? any info from this point on could more than likely be called a spoiler. So with that being said as long as everyone who chooses to post new info on the game includes at least some reference to it being a spoiler I don't see the problem with it. Because if you choose to have a seperate forum for spoilers there probably wont be anything left in the general discussion forums other than general banter and EU disscussions. I guess what would have to be done if they decided to make a seperate forum would be to have some type of rules as to what make info a spoiler and whats not then I guess it might work.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

my way of describing a spoiler is main plot points ,the good sidequests and romance options being told im not bothered about knowing bout the characters and like what planets will be in it and little details as thats very general just sayin that a certain plannet is going to be included it doesnt say what will happen on the plannet or who you meet or whatever as long as the forum stays like that ill be happy

Or they could have a XBOX forums and PC forums

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

my way of describing a spoiler is main plot points ,the good sidequests and  romance options being told im not bothered about knowing bout the characters and like what planets will be in it and little details as thats  very general just sayin that a certain plannet is going to be included it doesnt say what will happen on the plannet or who you meet or whatever as long as the forum stays like that ill be happy

I understand what your saying and I agree with you on it, thats why I said that as long as people continue to apply a label of spoiler to mag reviews/info in that catagory then things should go ok.

Or they could have a XBOX forums and PC forums

there are two major problems with that idea. The main one KOTORFanactic listed above, the other is that by creating two seperate forums you run the risk of not only setting off another flame war, but also having people who either don't want to post in a set forum/forget which forum they are in, or who feel slighted because of it posting in the general forums anyway. If they were going to do anything I would sugest they take the advice above and create the spoiler forum but I still feel that without either a clear set definition of what makes info a spoiler it would just be easier to label any thread that potentially contains spoiler material either *SPOILER* or *Potential spoiler* to save the confusion.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Well, it happens if you browse the forums and are not careful. You have to watch which topics you read if you dont want to be exposed to spoilers since some of the other topics which dont have the *SPOILER* listing talk about some of the characters and planets...

But, up till this point, there has been little in the way of new characters so there are no major spoilers yet...

Oh ok, ya they should, but and they should say that they'll suspend/ban any one who puts spoilers in the spoilers forum without warnning.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I would imagine that a spoiler forum will appear when the xbox version is released.

There are a lot of educated guesses and deductions on this forum which could be considered spoilers though. Certainly the planets where all correctly guessed here before they where officially confirmed, so many other guesses are probably correct as well.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

For example, so people flip out when you say

Dantooine will be in the game!

OH MY GOSH! SPOILER! YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME! I DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW WE GO BACK TO DANTOOINE! HOLY COW! I'M COMPLAINING TO THE MODERATORS! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Personally, I don't think I've seen a real "spoiler" in this forum yet. We have no idea what happens in the plot.

"You shall not pass!"

It just wouldn't work

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

they should say that they'll suspend/ban any one who puts spoilers in the spoilers forum without warning.

That is a bad idea because if you are in the spoilers forum you should be smart enough to realize that there are spoilers in there. Labeling each post in there would be redundant and unnecessary.

I also think that closer to the release we should have perhaps more moderators like Adria who are forum regulars. I mean, no offense intended to Hydrogen or Fionavar, but i hardly ever see them in the forums and Adria can't be here all the time. A couple of people who can keep an eye out and filter the spoilers over from one forum to another.

Because you know there will be a few idiots...there always is.

I don't think it'll matter. Spoilers will pop up regardless. Mods can't watch over every thread 24 hours a day. There's going to be the occasional idiots who want to be funny and ruin it for everyone.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That's several threads now that have had "Spoilers" or "Potential spoilers" or something in the title (and that I've avoided).

To the mods/admins/whoever: I know it's a bit early since the Xbox release isn't out for two months or so yet, but could we have a separate "Spoilers" forum and segregate all of them to there rather than having them go into "General discussion"?  I'd rather not have to avoid these forums entirely for too long (especially since I'll be waiting for the PC release in the UK)...

Sure, why not? It would keep the forums more organized IMO.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, Bioware has seperate forums, but in the non spoiler forums you still see the name Revan used in forms other than being the former Sith Lord. I agree with all the folks that it will be near impossible for 'spoilers' to be contained in one forum.

Yeah, Bioware has seperate forums, but in the non spoiler forums you still see the name Revan used in forms other than being the former Sith Lord.  I agree with all the folks that it will be near impossible for 'spoilers' to be contained in one forum.

The only way it might work is if they're dilligent in banning/suspending accounts that go out of their way to post spoilers even when it's not allowed. But typically, people that go out of their way to be idiots are the same that just sign up for an account to post once or twice, then don't care if they are banned.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If you're a pc player your best bet is just to not get on, after the game is released for xbox. You know that someone WILL get on and post spoilers, worst of all the person who will have the most time to do so will be someone who has finished the game and can post the most damaging spoilers

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, Bioware has seperate forums, but in the non spoiler forums you still see the name Revan used in forms other than being the former Sith Lord.  I agree with all the folks that it will be near impossible for 'spoilers' to be contained in one forum.

Hey you know what they could do? As it would be *KNOWN* (sorry couldn't resist ;) ), to the devs who or what a potential spoiler woudl be e.g. 'Revan', they could simply use the word filter to filter it out.

So say if Sion or whoever was pertinent to subsequent major plot devices/twists, whenever someone types something like:

'OMG. OMG....Sion is really your father!!';

It will look like:

'OMG, OMG...**** is really your father!!'

Cool, no? B)

manthing2.jpg