"The Office"

So, it is/has going to be/been remade for the States. So, any americans seen the original series (plural) or the new one (if it is out)? What do you all reckon? I think that the casual racism and twattishness and unprofressionalism common in Britsh offices is not the same in the States- work ethic is different I feel.

anyway, like it or not, it is one of the greatest comedies of the last ten years; even Prince Charles has commended it, believe it or not!! (that man is no square)

Very funny generally, though the ending - the last christmas special - i felt was a let down, turning the series into some fairy tale rather than a mockumentary.

And prince charles just jumps on whatever bandwagon happens to be popular with the general public, because he wants to be king some day. I doubt he's even watched it.

lol, bet you know nowt about His highness :) He is actually a very clever man with an interest in the well-being of The Monarch's subjects... but this isn't a "Bryan defends the monarchy" thread, so let's say no more about it.... :p

But what about that dance of Brent's? :lol: Also, you see him on thee eleven o'clock show- what he did before the office.

I've never seen The Office, though it looks quite good. I know BBC Canada plays it, but it doesn't seem to be on a regular schedule, rather they air it in "special" intervals of a number of episodes at once. I can't keep track of it.

newlogo.gif

I love it - it's something that everytime I watch leaves me in hysterics.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the XMAS specials yet because I live in Germany and will have to wait for the DVD release, since it's unlikely to be shown on German TV (and if it is, it would be dubbed).

I find it hard to believe that Charles gets the joke...I mean it's funny for me because so much of what you see in the Office is scarily close to real life...but I somehow doubt Charles has had similar "working" experiences.

'JN : LOL LOL ;)

and yes, charles isa very good man whose concerns often are the same as his subjects (such as the problems of council estates and proper arcitecture in general, GM foods and suchlike). He also works extremely hard for this nation (some people just have an in-built inbred hatred of anyone who is wealthy from birth. I say to that "meh")

Anyway.. yeh, that dance LOL But anyway, it is just brilliant The office. Fave episodes? I quite liked the one where there was his promotion and the swindon move :shades:

Anyway.. yeh, that dance LOL But anyway, it is just brilliant The office. Fave episodes? I quite liked the one where there was his promotion and the swindon move :shades:

So hard to choose from to pick a favourite...

The one where Brent gets canned is a classic, but for pure Pathos you can't beat Tim's birthday from series one.

Also liked the one where Brent tries to welcome the new team and also the one that ends in the dodgy nightclub.