Korriban Fly-By

Bioware did what the engine allowed, without having to run for 20 minutes to get to every tomb there is...

There is a huge difference between the gameplay of JA und KOTOR.

In Jedi Academy you have way more moves you can use and jumping isn't possible in KOTOR.

The valley was only a small part of KOTOR, nothing really important, so it isn't huge in scale. Running around for hours and hours wouldn't be very smart for such a game, considering you don't have any real enemies around, unlike JA, were they could throw an endless amount of bad guys at you, because it was supposed to be the grand finale. (which, of course, is in a much larger scale)

Having a planet, which you could play near the start of the game, with a large area that does nothing for the story and has no enemies, is not something you want to have. Just like in movies, you can't have a time were nothing happens at all.

Changing the valley now would be stupid. It was in KOTOR and this is the sequel to KOTOR. It might not look like in the comics, but continuity with the first game is more important in this case.

The overwhelming majority of people who will play KOTOR 2, played the first game and there aren't nearly as many people who read the comics. Changing the valley now, would be more confusing to all the people who will play KOTOR 2, than having two different versions of it.

Exactly.  It's just another exampleenie of a bi0weenie.  <_<

Buhahahaha! Good! Really good! :):lol::lol:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

man I have never had such an overdose of the word "continuity" and "wrong" .. phew .. I gotta lie down for a moment .. ;)

Yeah they screwed up when they made the valley .. but isn't this turning alittle anal? I mean .. nobody diagrees with you Nur Ab Sal and Darth Nuke! they just don't care.. So why make a fuss about it!? (to everyone discussing this) those who really need to know what the valley looks like probably already do .. and what is the problem if the "average Joe" doesn't? none of them are going to write EU stories anyway! :) It will never affect EU that KOTOR made this version .. So why not just say "well I would have enjoyed the correct valley, but heck it's just a game" ??

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

Don't give me that crap about how Bioware couldn't have done the Valley the right way. There are ways around things many ways.

How?

I've heard complaints about this and that, but I've yet to see suggestions how Bioware should have handled it.

It's a lot easier to just say "it was wrong. they should have done something else" than to actually come up with detailed ideas.

If you've listed your ideas, then my apology. But from about the time I joined the thread (pg. 15 or so), you haven't given any actual ideas about what they could or should have done, just complaints about what they did do.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't feel like reading those last 4 pages so is Darth Nuke STILL complainning about the vally?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf