What will Revan's fate be?

Will Revan live or die in KOTOR?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Will Revan live or die in KOTOR?

• Revan's already toast when the game starts.
    • Revan dies during the events of KOTOR 2.
    • Revan lives through KOTOR 2

Alright, the "what role will Revan play" thread seems to be generating a decent amount of traffic, so I thought a poll might be interesting. I've already expressed my opinion more than once, I think he's dead for reasons stated in that thread.

I don't want to hijack that thread, if your response is more related to the effect Revan will have on the PC, rather than whether he's dead or alive, please keep posting there.

Thanks

If they killed him, some Obsidian developers had better start wearing cups, 'cause I'm gonna start a 'kick the guy who decided to kill Revan in the nuts' society.

We will not stop until the injustice is avenged.,

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I hope he/she survives. Maybe he/she comes to help u out at some point in the game (doent join ur party though!).

Faith! ;)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Maybe he saves u from Darth Sion early on when ur still weak!

Faith! ;)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Yeah, I noticed the starforge robes, it's actually my PC. Same one appears in the recent LucasArt trailer. But I guess it's not Revan, you just get the same, or a similar set of faces to choose from - though the question as to where the robes come from remains...

A lot of people made up their own follow-up story for Revan, anything the game-devs put in will likely upset those people. But lot of other people would rather get a story told to them about Revan's fate after KotOR.

My preference would be if Revan simply disappeared from the stage and we don't get told a lot about his/her fate. Second best is if Revan dies somewhere in between.

I voted for Revan to die before the begining of the game. I know this has been said before in another thread but Revan shouldn't show up in the game because it would take away from the PC, if it takes killing him/her off then so be it. I do think that the sotry of Revan should be important through out the game but not Revan himself/herself.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Why is it that people would be pissed of Revan died? To me I think it'll add more to the supposenly "darker" tone of the story, especially if Revan is on the LS in TSL.

Because it seems unfair to me that I spent all that time redeeming Revan only to have the developers bump him off as a plot inconvenience. If they make a big deal about his downfall, then I won't mind, but if it's obvious they killed him purely to make him less problematic, then I'll be annoyed.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Let him live.

The quickest way to ruin a sequel is the quickest way to ruin a game as well - if you kill the main character of the first one in the second, then what the hell was the point of the first game/movie?

I want to see Revan live. Even if it means he leaves the order in the end.

In fact, why can the developers toss us a bone here, and if we had a successful romance in the first game, have an option (when we describe what happened in the first game) to have Revan and Bastila/Carth live happily ever after making jedi babies in this game.

Sometimes, its bad to be TOO dramatic.

Why is it that people would be pissed of Revan died? To me I think it'll add more to the supposenly "darker" tone of the story, especially if Revan is on the LS in TSL.

Because it seems unfair to me that I spent all that time redeeming Revan only to have the developers bump him off as a plot inconvenience. If they make a big deal about his downfall, then I won't mind, but if it's obvious they killed him purely to make him less problematic, then I'll be annoyed.

I understand where you are coming from but you do realize that these are just videogames right? :) Anyone with a life would know that. :lol:

Anyways, I understand what you are trying to say. But you are trying to make it seem that if Revan is killed, then he goes out like some punk making the KOTOR story seem like a waste of time. But if all you know Revan could go out in all blaze of glory. He could die by saving your life or something who knows. You make it seem like he dies in a ship crash or drowns, or gets eaten by a monster.

If Revan does die in TSL, I'm sure Obsidian would make him go out with honor.

That's a great point. I liked Revan because of how everyone in the game hyped him up. Bastila, Canderous, The Council, even Malak himself claimed how powerful Revan was. If they kill off Revan I need to be gassed up or hyped up about how powerful I am. I think that's the issue. If it can be done then kill Revan but I need to hear how powerful I am.

DS possibility: ok what about just saying that while revan was re-learning how to use the star forge he blew hinself up!... most people wouldn't have put many attrabutes(sp?) into intelligence thus you have a dumb strong guy. :D

now before I get told that this is a stupid idea you have to keep in mind that this is more than likely the only way other than every last dark lord in the galaxy ganging up on him all at once for him to fall.

LS possibility: He gets killed my an assassian, he and Bastila are off having a wild weekend in some disstant part of the galaxy and while he is getting out of the shower the assassian kills him (because he wouldn't shower with his lightsaber) and bastila finds him dead on the bathroom floor and the assassian is gone :lol:

ok maybe that might be a little out there for the realm of possibility but hey nothing is impossible

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Revan will end up flipping burgers in some Mcdonalds somewhere with permanent amnesia.

lol.. Nah. I liked my Revans a lot too. A powerful Jedi woman is hot. lol.

I dont have a speculation as to what happens to Revan tho.. I guess I don't want to figure out any suprise. lol. We'll see in December(or Feb or sumthin) ;)

Ambrosia3.gif