Unlockable Features?

Greetings, I am pretty new to the forums but I figured the real reason to register was to post up ideas that might make the game worth it's weight in gold.

The idea I had was quite simply unlockable features. Now I do not know if anyone has asked this but if so, then I am sorry. The featuresI had in mind to unlock were CGI cutscenes from the gameplay (The only unlockable features from the first KOTOR,) Concept art (Always surprising to see what went from inside the minds of the developers and onto a blank piece of paper,) a Mini Game replay function (Let's try to beat your best swoop racing time shall we?) and unlockable information about the planets, items, force powers, skills, characters and enemies you meet. Now when I beat KOTOR, I crossed my fingers and prayed I unlocked something. My hard work was for naught, I had only unlocked a handfull of CGI cutscenes and that was it. No behind the scenes videos? No early concept art? JUST CGI CUTSCENES!!!?

Playing through an expansive game is one thing, unlocking cool features is just a great gift for working so hard in the the game that would forever change the way we look at RPGs was quite a trip, but man would I have loved to actually some real unlockable features.

In either case, I'm sure the game will be awesome, but if a developer or two is reading, there are some of us who would really like to see some unlockable features.

Almost forgot to mention some more ideas I had for unlockables. MODEL VIEWER (View 3D Models for characters, vehicles and items encountered during the game,) MUSIC THEATER (Hear music from the game. Unlock more tracks as you hear them from certain moments in the game,) GAME LOG (View your completion percent by viewing completed events, choices made, quests completed, and enemy types discovered during the course of the game. Undiscovered quest logs are marked by question marks. This is a pretty fun way to keep players going back to try to find out what they missed.)

Isnt the replayability that KotOR offers enough? I mean there is the DS way to complete it, the LS way to complete it, and there will be to many subquests to list, is it realistic to ask more of the devs when they are putting so much time into the gameplay and storyline to make it better than the first game (a hard job itself) I mean you have got to leave some new options for KotOR 3, which lets face it, if TSL is as good as the first chapter will be coming!! Heres hoping :lol:

Unlockables would be cool.

But not neccesity by any means.. I wouldn't mind if they would do something like the soundtrack thing in Ninja Gaiden. When you beat the game you can listen to allthe songs in the game etc... But I agree with that post^

If it's between making the game better, or unlockables, i pick makin the game better anyday.

Ambrosia3.gif

My hard work was for naught, I had only unlocked a handfull of CGI cutscenes and that was it. No behind the scenes videos? No early concept art? JUST CGI CUTSCENES!!!?

Playing through an expansive game is one thing,

This is a pet peeve of mine.

Hard work? You were playing a game. More than likely, because you enjoyed it. You sat down and clicked on things or pressed buttons on a controller for a while. Playing games are -not- hard work.

obviously pc gamers are just far too 'mature' for that sort of thing.

unlockable secrets are fun. they can give you something extra to aim for when you've already finished the game. they needn't be a cover up for lack of effort elsewhere. besides im sure that sort of mummery wouldn't affect us. i'd see right through it with my super x-ray visiion.

also each one is a surpising mystery inside a conundrum. they're simply marvellous.