The things that gave KOTOR so much personality

First the one thing i loved aboved anyhting else was the way NCPs would intereact with me. For example on Taris when i beat that Starkiller guy people were like 'Hey i remember you ect' . This really made the game feel real and alive. I also LOVED to used FORCE pursuade to get what i wanted especially when i mad that sith women go the jail on mannan. I hope kotor 2 has much more of these interactions and features and the people around me really are aware of what ive done. I also hope there are more random encounters with people in need, robber ect. Anyelse you guys thought made KOTOR so great?

First the one thing i loved aboved anyhting else was the way NCPs would intereact with me. For example on Taris when i beat that Starkiller guy people were like 'Hey i remember you ect' . This really made the game feel real and alive. I also LOVED to used FORCE pursuade to get what i wanted especially when i mad that sith women go the jail on mannan. I hope kotor 2 has much more of these interactions and features and the people around me really are aware of what ive done. I also hope there are more random encounters with people in need, robber ect. Anyelse you guys thought made KOTOR so great?

Well you of all people should know that there will be more of these interactions as it says so in the Hyper mag preview. :)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Knights of the Old Republic restored my faith in video games. My favorite genre is RPG, so for a while, there was a drought in that department until KotOR came along. It was the reason I bought an Xbox, and I'm happy for it. I remember when I first heard about the game, and thought how great the idea of a Star Wars RPG would be. The fact that they weren't using the same old run of the mill characters and timeline excited me even more.

When I actually played the first time through, the plot twist damn near gave me a heart attack from the sheer joy I felt that I was actually playing a really good game again. I felt truly involved in the plot, and was excited to play it through the next time, to see what I could do differently. It was a great feeling that I had almost forgotten. I am so excited to play the next one. Star Wars + RPGs = Me Likey! Me Likey Alot! :rolleyes:

First the one thing i loved aboved anyhting else was the way NCPs would intereact with me. For example on Taris when i beat that Starkiller guy people were like 'Hey i remember you ect'

This IS very important, usually its ignored and your PC will stride through the game world as an unknown barely noticable nothing, no matter how she/he acts. The game world must react to the PC for the player to feel her PC is alive.

But there should be more, like how come the Sith patrols on Taris didnt react when you eitther came running fully armed or had the galaxys most wanted Jedi with you.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

First the one thing i loved aboved anyhting

But there should be more, like how come the Sith patrols on Taris didnt react when you eitther came running fully armed or had the galaxys most wanted Jedi with you.

I think most Sith wouldn't recognize Bastila's face unless they were Dark Jedi <_<

If you go to Korriban as the first planet, Bastila explains why she can't join you since though most Sith would know her name, there might be an off chance a few who would recognize her face.

As for what I loved most about Kotor was definately the NPC interactions with you, and the subquests.

what gave this game life? it was the extremely well produced and executed audio side of the game! the music was perfect and really gave the feel of the SW univers.. the speech was very extensive (although monotone when aliens spoke) which really gave life to the characters around you! you could sense the emotions from the voices and expressions which was also backed up very nicely visually!

although not the main factors they definitely contributed alot to making this game what it was!

Fortune favors the bald.

KotOR was a good cinematic CRPG, and a good game for softcore/casual CRPGers. It hardly brings back any faith in games becoming good again on my end. The rules system implementation was atrocious, the over use of foreshadow ruined the plot twist, and the party system sucked because tehre was no way to do any sort of strategic combat even though it wasn't necessary due to how easy the game was.

KotOR was a decent game, but lets not forget its major flaws.

Didn't you read my post?

1) Over use of foreshadow that ruined the plot twist. I get that I am Revan already!

2) Sucky Party system that negates any use of strategic combat. I set one character for an ambush, then go to the next character, and the first character runs off and attacks. Just plain stupid.

3) Poor implementation of the d20 Star Wars rules system. The game balance was all out of whack.

4) The game was far too easy and short, even at the higher difficulty values.

Didn't you read my post?

1)  Over use of foreshadow that ruined the plot twist.  I get that I am Revan already!

2)  Sucky Party system that negates any use of strategic combat.  I set one character for an ambush, then go to the next character, and the first character runs off and attacks.  Just plain stupid.

3)  Poor implementation of the d20 Star Wars rules system.  The game balance was all out of whack.

4)  The game was far too easy and short, even at the higher difficulty values.

get over your petty grudge against Lucas.

Didn't you read my post?

1)  Over use of foreshadow that ruined the plot twist.  I get that I am Revan already!

2)  Sucky Party system that negates any use of strategic combat.  I set one character for an ambush, then go to the next character, and the first character runs off and attacks.  Just plain stupid.

3)  Poor implementation of the d20 Star Wars rules system.  The game balance was all out of whack.

4)  The game was far too easy and short, even at the higher difficulty values.

Why are you writing about things you don't like in a thread about what people thought gave KotOR so much personality?

I thought KotOR got its personality from the Star Wars universe.. It's a well thought out universe that contains lots of easily likeable characters, races and locations. Of course, the plot twist wasn't bad either..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I didn't say it was a bad plot twist, it just could have used a lot less foreshadowing.  They practically shoved it down your throat that you are Revan by the time you left Dantooine.  One or two references are okay, but a dozen or so is a bit much.

Well Revan was kind of the most important guy in the galaxy so they would probaly talk about him alot.

Anyways....This was the best RPG game I've played in a while, hell it was the best game I had played in a long time, and for atleast the first 20 hrs. I couldn't put it down

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

For me, it was the first Star Wars game made that seemed to actually put you (the player) smack dab in the middle of a Star Wars saga.

X-Wing and such games were fun, but I never felt immersed in the actual SW universe when I played them.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, for me, this was the game that got me back into RPGs.

I had played all the Infinity Engine games in my younger days, and KOTOR reminded me how much I loved those games, while at the same time being the first good Star Wars game since TIE Fighter came out.

IN my humble opinion, as a SLIGHLY more than casual gamer.. KOTOR is the best star wars game I have ever played. and one of teh best if nto THE best RPG on Xbox. Everythign the first gmae lacked will b e amped up in teh seocnd one.. its gonan be grrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

what ARE The owrds to the men at Work song DOwn under " i come from a land down under where women flow and men plunder?" He jsut smiled and gave ma a vegimite sandwhich?" i swear that trully is the most RANDOM song i have ever heard"

Does anyone know what im talking about?

"KotOR was a decent game"

You have a habit of rating 'decent' games around 90%? Wowsers.

Anyways, Hades' trolling aside, KOTOR's "personality" came from its npcs - both joinable and non joinable - the story including the twist, the planets, the graphics and the music.

That is all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The game was made for the causual gamer and console junkie, so I reviewed it as a casual gamer and console junkie, and left my personal biases out. Then again that is such an alien concept to you that someone can actually do that Volourn you will say that is just a bunch of bullshat. You just don't have the cranial power to understand that when a game is reviewed, at least when I do so, I review it as objectively as possible while maintaining the mindset of the game's target audience.

Again, that concept is too hard for you to understand so I don't even why I bother to explain it to you. Oh well.

"I review it as objectively as possible while maintaining the mindset of the game's target audience."

Please. Youa re the elast objective person on the 'net ever. Bottom line is you rated it around 90%. Don't try to play games here, and say otherwise.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Come one guys, theres enough room on these boards for both of your lame ass opinions

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.