KotOR on PC?

I have KotOR on Xbox, but I dont have live, is the new content worth me shelling out for it on PC?

This has probably been dealt with in a thread before so if it was just tell me to f-off and look, and ill rename myself Darth Idle ;)

Cheers

P.S I know it isnt strictly about TSL but I need my KotOR hit until it comes out :)

eh, not really. It's a space station where you can buy some rather powerful guns and two lightsaber crystals, play pazaak for more money, and get into one fight that gives you something like 10k xp. That's it. One npc, if you don't count the gizka. Not missing much

I tried that but after wards I found I couldn't killed Zaalbar so instead I just killed them both.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I tried that but after wards I found I couldn't killed Zaalbar so instead I just killed them both.

:huh: Yes you can. If you bring him on the sf, he realizes what he's done and attacks. ;)

Does he? wow I never knew that :o

B) Well now you do. ;)

Cheers ;) B)

I have KotOR on Xbox, but I dont have live, is the new content worth me shelling out for it on PC?

This has probably been dealt with in a thread before so if it was just tell me to f-off and look, and ill rename myself Darth Idle :huh:

Cheers

P.S I know it isnt strictly about TSL but I need my KotOR hit until it comes out ;)

I would definitely get it for the PC, not just for the extra content, but you also have better graphics and the ability to use different mods. That alone makes it worth the $20.

This has probably been dealt with in a thread before so if it was just tell me to f-off and look, and ill rename myself Darth Idle :huh:

Cheers

P.S I know it isnt strictly about TSL but I need my KotOR hit until it comes out ;)

I would definitely get it for the PC, not just for the extra content, but you also have better graphics and the ability to use different mods. That alone makes it worth the $20.

Bah!! spoilsport I was just planning on getting p*ssed with my extra

I don't think the extra content is worth shelling out thirty quid. However, I've played both the X-Box and the PC versions, and I much prefer the WASD character map to that X-box controller.

I don't think the extra content is worth shelling out thirty quid. However, I've played both the X-Box and the PC versions, and I much prefer the WASD character map to that X-box controller.

I heard the controls are better for x-box. :huh: In fact, I know. ;);)

There are advantages and disadvantages to both versions. Such is life I guess. ;)

I've only played the PC version, but I liked the controls a lot. I've never played the Xbox version, though, so I don't really know which has better controls.

How powerful of a PC do you have? Because you might be able to get better graphics on the PC. Not sure how much you care about that, though.

I heard the controls are better for x-box. :lol: In fact, I know. ;):)

I like the x-box controller to, and i prefer it to a keyboard, i know you can get controllers for the pc but im used to the x-box one so it seemed natural :)

What really bugs me is the fact that the game probably pushes the xbox to its limits while it hardly makes my PC break a sweat.

Just imagine how the game would look if it was programmed for pc only. Maybe with the Cry Engine or sumthing like that.

*Sigh* Those consoles are going to be the death of games with advanced graphics (not really, but in this case...). :lol:

What really bugs me is the fact that the game probably pushes the xbox to its limits while it hardly makes my PC break a sweat.

Just imagine how the game would look if it was programmed for pc only. Maybe with the Cry Engine or sumthing like that.

*Sigh* Those consoles are going to be the death of games with advanced graphics (not really, but in this case...).

You should most deff get it on PC, if you have a really good one. I have a dream PC that is going to run Doom3, Half-Life 2 and KOTOR 2 like the devs meant it to. The thing about PC is you can upgrade and get much better graphics, etc. Doom 3 is going to be much better on a good PC than X-box, the same with KOTOR 2. I would suggest to buy PC KOTOR if you have a good PC

You should most deff get it on PC, if you have a really good one. I have a dream PC that is going to run Doom3, Half-Life 2 and KOTOR 2 like the devs meant it to. The thing about PC is you can upgrade and get much better graphics, etc.  Doom 3 is going to be much better on a good PC than X-box, the same with KOTOR 2. I would suggest to buy PC KOTOR if you have a good PC

;) But if your talking about price (which I know your not), you should play it on the x-box. I mean it only costs 150$ now and if you compare that to a bunch of computer upgrades, it'll probably cost you less. :);) But like you said, that's only if you have a bad Pc... :ph34r: :):lol:

*Sigh* Those consoles are going to be the death of games with advanced graphics (not really, but in this case...).  :lol:

Well my friend to be honest KotOR was an X-Box title to start off with so no matter how good of a PC you have you owe the X-Box for being able to play it on your beefy PC at all ;)

And I know you mean if it was a PC only game but........It wasnt, it was an X-Box only game in the beginning B)

*Sigh* Those consoles are going to be the death of games with advanced graphics (not really, but in this case...). :lol:

your kidding, right? the farcry engine? the farcry engine is just the beggining of the next generation engines, trust me there will be far better engines out there over the next few months(Doom3, Half-life 2, even new RTS like battle for middle earth just to name a select few people might know). ID is probobaly the best engine maker, and they just made Doom3 to show off how good they are, so if they would remake KOTOR 1 or 2 or when they make KOTOR 2, they should try to base the engine off of doom3, or another ID engine.

P.S. sorry for double post

*Sigh* Those consoles are going to be the death of games with advanced graphics (not really, but in this case...).

You should most deff get it on PC, if you have a really good one. I have a dream PC that is going to run Doom3, Half-Life 2 and KOTOR 2 like the devs meant it to. The thing about PC is you can upgrade and get much better graphics, etc.  Doom 3 is going to be much better on a good PC than X-box, the same with KOTOR 2. I would suggest to buy PC KOTOR if you have a good PC

;) But if your talking about price (which I know your not), you should play it on the x-box. I mean it only costs 150$ now and if you compare that to a bunch of computer upgrades, it'll probably cost you less. :);) But like you said, that's only if you have a bad Pc... :ph34r: :):lol:

Yeah, that is true, price talking the x-box is a "better buy", even though if you have a 1337 PC the experience will be better. Also, for most of these games all you need is a stick of 512 mb ram, 1.5 ghz p4 or an athlon 1500-2000+, and even a geforce4 mx video card. games will run good and you will still have a good experience with them. Most games these days rely much more on video card than anything else. You could just upgrade to a radeon 9800-xt 256 mb for $150.