How should a main character who is a jedi start th

How should a main character who is a jedi start the game?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How should a main character who is a jedi start the game?

• As a Padawan who has grown up in the academy
    • As a normal person who suddenly discovers his force powers
    • As a Jedi who has lost his force abilities

It would be more realistic with a game that spun the entire length of a characters life and not just the brief few weeks it takes her/him to save the galaxy from the ever-present doom.

you play the intro as a small child

10 years later

you play some levels as a padawan

5 years later

you embark on your first tasks as a young jedi

5 years later

as a full jedi you embark on the usual quest to save the galaxy from the threat youve seen slowly building in the previos parts of the game.

Has this EVER been done in a RPG? I think its a grand idea that would add tons of potential depth to the story and your attachement to your character.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It would be more realistic with a game that spun the entire length of a characters life and not just the brief few weeks it takes her/him to save the galaxy from the ever-present doom.

10 years later

5 years later

5 years later

as a full jedi you embark on the usual quest to save the galaxy from the threat youve seen slowly building in the previos parts of the game.

Has this EVER been done in a RPG? I think its a grand idea that would add tons of potential depth to the story and your attachement to your character.

This is kind of what I had in mind, except I was just thinking of showing a few movies of you as a child in training. But, I like your idea of actually participating in the childhood a bit.

btw, I like the picture if Bariss.

what about potty training, that could be a very challenging level

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

well, mr. fancypants, you havent seen jedi-potty-training..

(yes, barriss is indeed quite picturesque)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No but I would imagine that it would be more challeging then normal potty training

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

10 years later

5 years later

5 years later

Yes it woudl someone had already suggested it...maybe it was you... you hsoul be able to trian wiht your JEdi master and he shoudl become a familiar face to u unliek the guy who trains you in KOTOR.. i hated the training being a mere cutscene.

No but I would imagine that it would be more challeging then normal potty training

O BUT it WOULD. YOu have to raise and lower the seat with the force, and FLush the toilet with the force and without your hands. The power is VERY usefull on highway truckstop restrooms

System Shock 2 "sorta" did this.

You enlisted in one of three factions, and then got to choose how you progressed through the faction, with all factions' 4th tour of duty ending up on the ship, starting the main plot. It only really gave you additional training and skills...but it did give your character some background.

Sounds more of an idea for Jedi academy 2 than a viable suggestion for the KOTOR series to me. But please skip the five year old or even ten year old parts, let us start playing at age fifteen or sixteen with the Padawan missions. Just ask some questions about our early childhood at the start and let the game decide which master will pick you based on your responses to those questions.

The child part would ideally be just a scripted cutscene where it shows you being discovered by a jedi master and then brought to the academy for the first time.

It would add depth but if you havent got the patience you could just clickskip it.

10 years later

5 years later

5 years later

In Fable, they tried to implement a childhood training scene, but IMO it didn't work out too well

10 years later

5 years later

5 years later

one word FABLE

thats how it works kinda in the beginning. u start as a child go train become a teen graduate as an adult and slowly age

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Personally i am for the reconnect to the force, but nevertheless start with it as a choice.

Thought story in Kotor 1 was good and i saw reason as to why he dident have force powers at start, but in the new one id like the option at picking jedi classes from start less the first lvls arent counted in lvl total, it rather annoying to only half a small amount of force points because you had dual class prior to being jedi especially if you counsulor class because it depend more or less one alot of force point since it more mage minded.

I played through old one as gaurdian and light way, but eventually i started to pick a counsulor since i thought it would be fun, but i got so sick and tired of having half jedi power pick and half force points that i dident bother playing through with him.

Really hope since i believe they said you been former jedi and trying to reconnect to the force that they at least either make any class, prior to jedi not count in lvl total or allow jedi full leveling from 1-20lvl if they have same lvl limit as last.

And for logic it suck, dont remember Kyle from JK having less force powers than the other despite he reconnected to the force, please either remove the dual start or remove how it works

Exsample make it and option to repick point on your jedi again, gaurdian=warrior or such so you get same as the other gaurdians, if you reconnecting to the force it should work as it does with PALADIN in D&D, you lose your paladin powers while your fallen till you atone, then you regain them.

Shouldnt mean you completely lose your past powers it sucks for logic.

Personally i am for the reconnect to the force, but nevertheless start with it as a choice.

Thought story in Kotor 1 was good and i saw reason as to why he dident have force powers at start, but in the new one id like the option at picking jedi classes from start less the first lvls arent counted in lvl total, it rather annoying to only half a small amount of force points because you had dual class prior to being jedi especially if you counsulor class because it depend more or less one alot of force point since it more mage minded.

I played through old one as gaurdian and light way, but eventually i started to pick a counsulor since i thought it would be fun, but i got so sick and tired of having half jedi power pick and half force points that i dident bother playing through with him.

Really hope since i believe they said you been former jedi and trying to reconnect to the force that they at least either make any class, prior to jedi not count in lvl total or allow jedi full leveling from 1-20lvl if they have same lvl limit as last.

And for logic it suck, dont remember Kyle from JK having less force powers than the other despite he reconnected to the force, please either remove the dual start or remove how it works

Exsample make it and option to repick point on your jedi again, gaurdian=warrior or such so you get same as the other gaurdians, if you reconnecting to the force it should work as it does with PALADIN in D&D, you lose your paladin powers while your fallen till you atone, then you regain them.

I Agree

once ur like level 2 or 3 (this is easier with a soldier) wait til dantooine to level up

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Think reason students was taken yearly was to allow bigger growth in their control of their force powers, and to teach them yearly to prepare them and make them less likely to fall to the dark side.

Older student have alot to learn and they had prior lives outside the academy which would for some make them more open to the dark side.

For instance living longer in community strenghed bonds to it family and such, if childs removed yearly it easier to protect them from grief or other things like loss.

But either way taking adult students is possible but a higher risk to them falling to the dark side.