power progression

why does Gromnir lose the ability to use force whirlwind when he gains the ability to use force wave? (yeah, we know it is probably an engine limitation, but so what?) is a couple examples in game where it would be useful to be able to use the 1st or 2nd tier of a power even after you knows the 3rd. the aforementioned force whirlwind does not stun opponents. as such, it is not subject to the folks who gots immunity to mind-affecting conditions. also, we does not always wanna knock folks back.

*shrug*

is a minor thing.

fix it.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

why does Gromnir lose the ability to use force whirlwind when he gains the ability to use force wave? (yeah, we know it is probably an engine limitation, but so what?) is a couple examples in game where it would be useful to be able to use the 1st or 2nd tier of a power even after you knows the 3rd. the aforementioned force whirlwind does not stun opponents. as such, it is not subject to the folks who gots immunity to mind-affecting conditions. also, we does not always wanna knock folks back.

*shrug*

is a minor thing.

fix it.

HA! Good Fun!

1. I say we get a multi-Whirlwind Force Power :D

2. Fix your grammar

we had our cat fixed. good 'nuff for you?

in any event, coming from some sw geek whose grammar ain't exactly perfect, we find such a suggestion... amusing.

relative to other 3rd-tier powers, a multi-whirlwind force ability would probably end up being too powerful. 'course, balance obviously were not a primary concern for the biowarians. is possible that the obsidians is taking a similar approach.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Firstly, whirlwind should never have been in the same power set as wave and push as it is very different. Secondly, stop accidentally complememting Topaz!

Yah. What does whirlwind have to do with push and wave? The only similarity is that they both use telekinesis. I think whirlwind should be powered down and put as the first tier of its own catagory, leveling up so the final one maybe has multiple ones.

in any event, coming from some sw geek whose grammar ain't exactly perfect, we find such a suggestion... amusing.

So you aren't a geek? Well you are on this forum talking about a game that will not come out for a good 4-5 months. Your right your not a geek at all(sarcastic)... :lol:

Thank you that is all...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Firstly, whirlwind should never have been in the same power set as wave and push as it is very different. Secondly, stop accidentally complememting Topaz!

Yah. What does whirlwind have to do with push and wave? The only similarity is that they both use telekinesis. I think whirlwind should be powered down and put as the first tier of its own catagory, leveling up so the final one maybe has multiple ones.

Actually Whirlwind causes nearby enemies to get pushed back.......

am not a "sw geek"... the lowest of the low. give tech specs on han solo's ship n' such?

*shudder*

besides which, we tend to think that being a geek is more 'bout what you do when you ain't talking 'bout games. but that might just be our vanity speaking. you wanna guess what kinda person Gromnir is beyond the boards? is a pointless endeavor.

"Your right your not a geek at all(sarcastic)... :unsure: "

better not let tpq hear you say such things.

to stay on-topic... we got no problem with creating two separate power groups from the force-wave/whirlwind thing. maybe tier 3 of whirlwind power would capture multiple targets... but have an area of effect much more limited than force wave.

HA! Good Fun!

First off, good point, I don't like losing previously learned abilities for the sake of aquiring another, more powerful one that doesn't improve on the other's specific traits...Wow, it really seems like I'm trying to seem intelligent.......is it suspicious that I brought that up unprovoked?

Ahem, secondly, knock off the childishness people, lets be adults here...........or semi-adults....above 4th grade...yeah, that sounds right. ;) I think...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Push - Gives someone a shove.

Whirlwind - Gives someone a shove hard enough to spin them, causing nearby opponents to trip up.

Wave- The character realizes that finesse is unecessary, and gives everyone a good shove.

I just want to use Whirlwind after I buy Wave if I have Armor on.

Depends heavily on the power. Being able to switch between Force Persuade and Force Dominate would be an exercise in pointlessness.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Depends heavily on the power. Being able to switch between Force Persuade and Force Dominate would be an exercise in pointlessness.

agreed B)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Actually this is not an engine limitation, someone was able to mod KotOR I so that he could use all the force powers, thus it can't be a limitation if someone was able to put it in.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

*shrug*

is a minor thing.

fix it.

HA! Good Fun!

These are some very good points. To add on to that, I think that Force Whirlwind was is one of the more cooler looking animations. That and Force Waving everyone to death does get boring...

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle