Exclusive D&D 2 Movie Clip

Rhomal

NWN2 News is proud to announce we have a exclusive clip of the filming of the new Dungeons and Dragons 2 Movie. This was gotten by our Reporter Thapthim when his family was in Europe this fall.

While not directly related to NWN2 we thought you would enjoy this short 20 sec clip fliming what appears to be a special effects scene of fire exploding and guards in armor being blown over by it.

Please note this is only accessable for registered members in the Downloads area.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Dear gods, no!  Man, didn't they mar the good name of Dungeons and Dragons with the first crapfested outing?

Thap's sister was able to chat with the dir after they shot this scene. The dir acknowledged the first move was "a pile of steaming ***t" and stated he was aiming for a much better quaility movie. Time will tell I am sure.

On a related note, the producer of the 1st D&D movie has stated he wanted to make a trilogy and even a spin off tv series. Interesting, so we'll see.

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I signed up for that!?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Considering it

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

I signed up for that!?

If I may inquire.. what wasnt clear about "short 20 sec clip fliming what appears to be a special effects scene of fire exploding and guards in armor being blown over by it."?

;)

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Registered member only? Why are you wasting my time man?

Didn't know I was holding a gun to your head...

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Considering it

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Already it sounds pretty stupid.

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: THE SEQUEL is based upon the highly successful role playing game, DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS. The sequel's adventure tells the story of an evil wizard who steals a black orb which controls a sleeping black dragon. An aspiring sorceress and a decorated warrior are summoned to defend the kingdom as evil forces lay waste. A battle for control of the kingdom unfolds in this classic tale of good vs. evil.

_________

The summary sounds as if it has potential.. in fact sounds a bit of LotR-ish. Which is a good thing unless they totally botch it up. Look at it this way.. hard to get worse then the first thus odds are can only be better.. :)

Also from the cast listing I dont see any returning cast from the first, which is mostly a good thing IMO.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Already it sounds pretty stupid.

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: THE SEQUEL is based upon the highly successful role playing game, DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS. The sequel's adventure tells the story of an evil wizard who steals a black orb which controls a sleeping black dragon. An aspiring sorceress and a decorated warrior are summoned to defend the kingdom as evil forces lay waste. A battle for control of the kingdom unfolds in this classic tale of good vs. evil.

Ah. They're back to the "controlling dragons" part. At least they're using "real" D&D items this time...

Me, I want to see a D&D movie where the dragons aren't controlled by mere mortals. Y'know, so they're a credible threat instead of the lackey of some wannabe bad guy. Also, I want to see a cleric.

Actually, this seems as good a time as any...

A D&D movie should not be outright stereotypical, but should get the basics across to "nonbelievers" and have some deeper stuff that fans would get.

Firstly: human, elf, dwarf, halfling; fighter, wizard, cleric, rogue. Not necessarily respectively, but those two sets of four are the basics of D&D.

Secondly: fighter starts off as the most dangerous, and ends up as the least dangerous. Cleric starts off as a proselytizing weenie, but becomes a welcome addition thanks to his healing power, to say nothing of his firepower. Rogue starts off as a wanted thief, and ends up dealing the deathblow to the bad guy, who doesn't see it coming. The wizard starts off as a sage-like character, and becomes the most powerful member in the party by movie's end.

Thirdly: a dragon. Either as a major ally or the big villain. NOT AS A BLOODY LACKEY.

That's all I can think of for now.

Also from the cast listing I dont see any returning cast from the first, which is mostly a good thing IMO.

Read again, Bruce Payne is in both movies and is playing the same character.

Also the article above says Justin Whalin might be in to reprise his character.

Sounds like a true sequel. You would think they would have tried to distance themselves from the first movie, but it doesn't look to be the case.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson