Kung Fu

Finger of Death

I prefer Jackie Chan for the comic relief. Can't say I ever managed to watch a full movie with Bruce Lee... ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh he was bad. I think if you talk to just about anyone they'll say that. I don't know many who try to discredit his fighting abilities today.

But, as far as the movies went, I liked the fighting but the stories were always pretty crappy :rolleyes: I think Jet Li has done some better films (others didn't like them much but I do).

Jackie Chan is cool also.

Someone once asked him if he was the best in the world, and he said "as long as the movies say so" (or something to that effect). The best fighter is probably in a monastery somewhere, breaking bones in mere sparring matches and healing through meditation. Still, no one in Hollywood has ever come close to matching Bruce Lee's physical stature and abilities. Hell, bodybuilders still can't figure out how he managed to get the sort of physique that he had. I haven't seen anyone kick a 300 pound bag to the ceiling recently either.

The best fighter is probably in a monastery somewhere, breaking bones in mere sparring matches and healing through meditation. Still, no one in Hollywood has ever come close to matching Bruce Lee's physical stature and abilities. Hell, bodybuilders still can't figure out how he managed to get the sort of physique that he had. I haven't seen anyone kick a 300 pound bag to the ceiling recently either.

That's quite possible and that's what I used to think. However after watching some Ultimate Fight (forgot exact name) clips where basically it's a anything-goes fight, the guys with size usually get a large advantage.

Surprisingly many martial arts are quite poor at grappling or extremely close combat except ones that cover that area, say judo. Many of them like taekwondo emphasize striking and are quite hopeless once you get them in a good grip.

However, Bruce Lee was the real deal (not just show) and should be able to pwn most ppl out there, including WWF ppl.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

WWF is silly. Those guys are just acrobatic weightlifters.

UFC is where its at. (Ultimate Fighting Championship?)

THe grapplers are crazy on that.

And yeah Bruce was the man. Very intelligent fellow

I am very impressed with Jet Li, however.

Mens Journal :

JET LI

Martial Artist