KOTOR 1 or 2

Do you think TSL will be better or worse than KOTOR?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think TSL will be better or worse than KOTOR?

• Far Superior
    • Better
    • Clone
    • Worse
    • Far Inferior

The game should be better at the very least. In a best case scenario it'll be far superior, through :D.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

well, i think it will be far superior. i mean, you have kotor, then you add new feats, force powers, items, animations, quests, and a whole new story line, not to mention a great game company. how could it go wrong?

well, i think it will be far superior. i mean, you have kotor, then you add new feats, force powers, items, animations, quests, and a whole new story line, not to mention a great game company. how could it go wrong?

Excellent point, I mean how could you fluff up a game as amazing as the kotor series? ;)

I mean I better not say that incase I jinx it :D

Featurewise? Superior.

Graphicswise? Clone.

Gameplaywise? Better.

Storywise? Unknown to this date.

Musical score? Unknown to this date.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

At this point, I'd have to vote for "better". I can't vote "far superior" until I know what the story is like.

So far, all the new additions and stuff has got me excited. It LOOKS like it'll be a better game. But until the story is known (obviously it won't be known until release), I can't say it'll be superior.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ok, i understand that you want to come off as an opinionated know it all... However simply evaluating the game on such a grand scale with so little to go on really reaks of wanting attention. I doubt half of you "back seat drivers" could have come up with half of the clever ideas so far presented. Before you start running your mouths , post some credentials.

Featurewise? Superior.

Graphicswise? Clone.

Gameplaywise? Better.

Storywise? Unknown to this date.

Musical score? Unknown to this date.

What he said....except I'm wagering a Far Superior storyline, or at least how that storyline is presented. Bioware often makes great stories and then dilutes them with massive plot-holes, one-dimensional characters and crappy dialogue; I expect Obsidian can do a better job in this area.

And to the mods, that's just a statement of opinion, no trolling here. :mellow:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

:ph34r:

Ive never played that but I say, if it aint broke dont fix it.

Play Planescape and see. Just overthrow the bad graphic. We're talking about ALMOTS linear gameplay but THE BEST STORY AND THE BEST CHARACTERS EVER.

:ph34r:

Ive never played that but I say, if it aint broke dont fix it.

Play Planescape and see. Just overthrow the bad graphic. We're talking about ALMOTS linear gameplay but THE BEST STORY AND THE BEST CHARACTERS EVER.

Cheers i may just do that :lol: is it anything like morrowind, because that game ate up months of my life, my mates thought i was dead :blink:

I don't have quite enough information...Maybe if we were given a couple sample feats and some more videos...but the second one seems to have been going along better so far...no 2 year delays...good stuff so far. I'd say that in my mind

TSL 60%

KOTOR 1 40%

Cheers i may just do that :lol: is it anything like morrowind, because that game ate up months of my life, my mates thought i was dead :blink:

No.

It's nothing like morrowind. THANK THE LORD.

1. You're faced with something to do ALL THE TIME, not spending more than half your damn time wandering around looking for the ancestral tomb of <stupid guy>.

2. You actually CARE about the character you play.

3. You actually CARE about every single NPC in the game, good guy or bad guy.

4. None of that pointless combat crap.

5. Dialogue consists of more than one word, like "background" "services" "Balmora" "Vivec".

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

Cheers i may just do that :lol:  is it anything like morrowind, because that game ate up months of my life, my mates thought i was dead :blink:

No.

It's nothing like morrowind. THANK THE LORD.

1. You're faced with something to do ALL THE TIME, not spending more than half your damn time wandering around looking for the ancestral tomb of <stupid guy>.

2. You actually CARE about the character you play.

3. You actually CARE about every single NPC in the game, good guy or bad guy.

4. None of that pointless combat crap.

5. Dialogue consists of more than one word, like "background" "services" "Balmora" "Vivec".

Ah I see, well i may give it a try B)