kumquatq3

All Law and Order shows

Designer's Challenge and Landscaper's Challenge

South Park

Insomniac

Trading Spaces

Who's Line is it Anyway

Most anything funny :D

you must of missed the "not last very long" part.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Seems I did ;)

Well, KK was a day late and a dollar short at int, some things never change.

HEY! ;) *kicks Karzak in the shins*

My baby girl arrived 6/16/06!

Seems I did ;)

Well, KK was a day late and a dollar short at int, some things never change.

HEY! :p *kicks Karzak in the shins*

Wow, kicked by you *personally* instead of one of your mods, I must be moving up in the world ;)

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Guest Surlent

Stargate SG-1 B)

I didn't miss anything except the show. In my country, they don't broadcast every series' seasons after one another, but rather put the show on stop temporalily (or forever with bad luck). Stargate has received such inexcusable treatment that I just couldn't bear any longer and had to watch them from net. Ofcourse I'm watching it on TV when they broadcast the show.

SG-1 is one of the best done TV series I've seen.

Indepth plot, good visual effects, main characters work well together and look alive, doesn't shoot too high like most scifi does (Babylon5 for example, forgot the science part totally IMO whereas SG tries to explain why everything uncommon in today's world is possible). Also Earth is still much the same planet and humans don't look weird or dress like idiots. There's nice touch of mythology on the plot's background and it seems somewhat realistic in (very) open minded sense (even though humans built pyramids by themselves).

It's also one of the rare exceptions where series is way better than the movie.

Richard Dean Andersson (=Mac Gyever) rocks compared to Kurt Russell.

I watch two shows on television:

Your World with Neil Cavuto

Special Report with Brit Hume

Otherwise, TV sucks.

I prefer MSN for headline news online. I will occassionally read the BBC news or bite the bullet and go to MSNBC. I don't think much of CNN and, at any rate, if you watch Fox news and read the BBC news, you're pretty much getting the right and left perspectives.

TV in general sucks and I'd much rather play computer games with my free time. I was over at my parents' recently doing some work for them around the house and I was appalled at how much TV they watch. It's just nuts. Of course, my dad is 77, so it's not like he can get around like he did in the past. I wonder what excuse we can make for the young folks watching TV all day.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Anyone ever catch Lexx? It was a Sci-Fi channel original series. I just caught my first episode tonight, and it seems rather sad that it was ended, I'm pretty sure it didn't last all that long from the length of time they had the ads running. It was pretty awesome. Pretty solid sci-fi, with a healthy dose of humor, bawdiness, and yes SEX. I mean, they practically marketted it for the sexual aspect, what did I expect, but the story and science aspect to it was better than was expected.

In closing, I will say that you can't go wrong with a transgender disembodied head of an android. :wacko: (think C3PO, but openly a 'woman' trapped in a male android's personification, and hitting on humanoid males as well. )

Anyone ever catch Lexx? It was a Sci-Fi channel original series. I just caught my first episode tonight, and it seems rather sad that it was ended, I'm pretty sure it didn't last all that long from the length of time they had the ads running. It was pretty awesome. Pretty solid sci-fi, with a healthy dose of humor, bawdiness, and yes SEX. I mean, they practically marketted it for the sexual aspect, what did I expect, but the story and science aspect to it was better than was expected.

In closing, I will say that you can't go wrong with a transgender disembodied head of an android. ;) (think C3PO, but openly a 'woman' trapped in a male android's personification, and hitting on humanoid males as well. )

Newfies In Space!

Yeah, I watched Lexx for a while. I didn't like it enough to really keep watching though, but I've seen a couple of seasons worth of episodes. The sexual aspect of the show is pretty dominant, and I'd hazard to say it's the main element and raison d'etre of the series.

I found that Lexx was either really good or really bad. When it was good, it was the best thing on TV, but when it was bad, it was such a waste of time.

newlogo.gif

I've been DLing Wonderfalls, and while it's better than average, I don't think it deserves the press it got. It's easy to see why it failed too. During the third episode it starts to abandon it's "rules".

It deserved at least a full season chance, I think. Cancelling it after the 3rd or 4th episode was dumb.

It's almost as though Fox has something against Tim Minear, cancelling Firefly after one episode, and Wonderfalls after just a couple.

newlogo.gif

I've been DLing Wonderfalls, and while it's better than average, I don't think it deserves the press it got. It's easy to see why it failed too. During the third episode it starts to abandon it's "rules".

It deserved at least a full season chance, I think. Cancelling it after the 3rd or 4th episode was dumb.

Yea, but fox has a habit of cancelling any show that people seem to really like that isn't the Simpsons.

Firefly, Wonderfalls, Keen Eddie, Andy Richter, some would say Fastlane and didn't they do Roar too?

I'm sure we can come up with more.

'Lexx' was originally titled 'Tales from a Parallel Universe' on... uh... Showtime. Reruns are also still airing on the Sci-fi Channel.

Also: The character Prince is neat.

[Coincidence Alert]

I saw the episode where Prince was imposing as the chick (can't recall her name), slept with Stan to get the key, and then Kai kills her/him to get the key back because s/he 'didn't kiss the same.' I dunno, while my parents would probably never watch it, I rather liked the idea of a bio-organic/cybernetic ship that had to 'eat' to continue functioning. It was rather funny when Stan was on the toilet and after he's done, he says 'You know what's really weird, is I'm starting to enjoy going on these toilets' [cue shot of toilet tongue licking around the seat]. ;)

[/Coincidence Alert]