What would you prefer?

"Part of my disappointment with KOTOR was that I expected to play ordinary unknown jedi without accomplishments who's history will be written by me.

So I wasn't glad when devs surprised me with crappy amnesia-superman story. "

you can be surprised how predictable games can be now a days

Well we are getting quite a bit off topic here!

but what the heck ..

Calderon de la Barca was indeed one of the greatest spanish writers! no doubt! (and for those who don't know anything about him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Calder%F3n_de_la_Barca ) But Shakespeare just had the best PR agent! :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Customability all the way.

I was fine with the Revan revelation in KOTOR because I figure, why not, it's a bit plot twist. But I don't want to see it repeated because it'll a)lose it's impact and b)seem like a rehash of old ideas. I'd rather my character forge his own identity.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I am displeased :) I love KOTOR and i think the series are the best RPG's out there right now... and everyone is ridiculing the story plot and twists? There are much worse games out there right now... *cough* Batman, Spiderman2, Parappa the rappa, and Animal crossing. :) uhhhh yea *cough* lol.... I'm sure not all of you feel this way ^^ but come on! ha ha ha

O also I am 99% they would not have a Amnesiac Insane Plot Twist in KOTOR2. These are Video Game writers.. not 7 year old boys <_<

Almost no one here doesn't think KOTOR was a good game and at the least had a good plot

double negatives

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I am displeased  :)  I love KOTOR and i think the series are the best RPG's out there right now... and everyone is ridiculing the story plot and twists? There are much worse games out there right now... *cough* Batman, Spiderman2, Parappa the rappa, and Animal crossing.  :)  uhhhh yea *cough* lol.... I'm sure not all of you feel this way ^^ but come on! ha ha ha

O also I am 99% they would not have a Amnesiac Insane Plot Twist in KOTOR2. These are Video Game writers.. not 7 year old boys  <_<

Ridiculing that plot twist I am not. A little cheesey it might be but the "Revelation" is my all time favourite moment in a computer game :)

(I hadn't been spoilered on it, having not heard about KOTOR until a couple of months before PC release and assiduously avoided any sort of forums until I got it, and had been watching the Revan references thinking "hmm there's got to be something in that" and deliberately not thinking too hard about it just in case I guessed it. I remember saying out loud "Oh my god what if I'm Revan" right at the point where it switches into the FMV...)

Ahem.

What was the gist of this thread again? :)

Yes you bet I am! I believe in Obsidian and that they'll make TSL superior to neverwinter-clone that was KOTOR. At last my PC will be some normal jedi guy

with problems, not unreliable superman with Thrawn's tactical genius...

As much as it supprieses me, i agree with you. Dispite the fact i've grown really found of being Reven, i wasn't very happy when i found out who i was. Kind of rips that whole feeling of, being YOU out of the Char... cause you NOT you, you HIM...(if that makes since.)

I always wanted a game to work like this... bare with me here..

The game starts, you a baby... found to be force sincitive. This is where you name your Avatar, chosse a look, and a sex.

Flash ahead. your a young padwain, in training. Random jedi masters are working with you, training you, and asking you question that lead to detearming your Class, combat style, ect ect ect.

maybe you can pick an option to spend more time in saber training then force training and be a Guardian.

Maybe depending on how you answer, it'll effect your personally / alliginment. If your a punk, you start closer to netural dark, or if your respectful and such, you more of a light sider.

maybe, if different saber combat styles are avalible, you can choses a different master to teach you... or have a different master represend a different feat you start with... same with force powers.

the last stage of this sub quest could be you building your first light saber, that way you can make either a single, a Staff, or a single / short for two handed... and chosse the color instead of being locked into one...

you know, have like a mini sub quest to start out with, that show's how your Jedi became who he/she is.

Than, after all that, you start your accually QUEST.

That way, you accually build your Jedi from a baby to what ever age you are when you start. That would add a personal feel to it, i belive.

That's what i'd prefur.

If not that, a really well writen Char that ISN'T preastablished. I'd hate an RPG made around the OT, cause you know Luke, you know how he turns out, and you pretty much know what you have to do... and what fun is that?

KingSnake.

Sounds alot like the whole Fable/Zelda thing but hey both good games and excellent idea

I know its a lil late but i forgot to read the 2nd and 3rd pages

a predetermined character is much better becasue if they are referred to alter in teh EU comic books and books and stuff it solidifies the reason you played the game and makes it more meaningful,

I do not think a customizable NPC would be good for the game and or teh story line, they only player you shoudl customize is your MC.

King snake, i like that Idea a Lot.. Make sure you suggest that for KOTOR 3.. cause hopefully the plot will be completely brand new, but at the same time be connected, or at least give reference to the previous KOTOR games. Like 20 years after the Fall of TSLs, Maybe Revan and Bastillia are Jedi MAsters on the Council, the Jedi's rebuild their order and you are a baby sent form a planet YOU get to pick and stuff like that.

Also i want the trianing to be very hands on and detailed.. i dont want it to be some much liek teh training on Dantooine in KOTOR where its just a cutscene... I want to be more involved and actaully spar with my master, pick my stance, and start my stats right from the get-go

The EU doesn't validate the character in anyway, if anything it makes the EU even more contemptable for alway jumping on every chance to write an indisputable bad book, and who says consistancy is the hobgoblin of small minds

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I am displeased  :huh:  I love KOTOR and i think the series are the best RPG's out there right now... and everyone is ridiculing the story plot and twists? There are much worse games out there right now... *cough* Batman, Spiderman2, Parappa the rappa, and Animal crossing.  :lol:  uhhhh yea *cough* lol.... I'm sure not all of you feel this way ^^ but come on! ha ha ha

O also I am 99% they would not have a Amnesiac Insane Plot Twist in KOTOR2. These are Video Game writers.. not 7 year old boys  <_<

Ridiculing that plot twist I am not. A little cheesey it might be but the "Revelation" is my all time favourite moment in a computer game :)

(I hadn't been spoilered on it, having not heard about KOTOR until a couple of months before PC release and assiduously avoided any sort of forums until I got it, and had been watching the Revan references thinking "hmm there's got to be something in that" and deliberately not thinking too hard about it just in case I guessed it. I remember saying out loud "Oh my god what if I'm Revan" right at the point where it switches into the FMV...)

Ahem.

What was the gist of this thread again? :lol:

I agree on that. I bought it on XBOX the day it came out, and got to that part of the story on the second day (not for lack of length, but I literally hadn't stopped playing since I got it) and earlier I remembered thinking "I wish I had Reven's Robe's", three hours later my jaw was on the ground somewhere.

Earlier there was talking about being just a regular old Jedi in the middle of things, but unless its a MMORPG, wheres the fun in that? To be regular you can't go run off to kill the bad guy, you gotta leave that up to the heroes :lol: ... or the Vilains :ph34r:

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Well the character in this game will have a past that will not be made up by us but will be uncovered by us. When playing Kotor I thought I was just some gifted guy that was needed for this particular mission, when I faced Malak and it went to the big cutscene I said to myself "I'm Revan?!?! And surely enough I was. One of the greatest surprises I have ever had in a video game. To answer the topic, building my own character or playing one with a past doesn't matter to me as long as the story is good.

Well the character in this game will have a past that will not be made up by us but will be uncovered by us. When playing Kotor I thought I was just some gifted guy that was needed for this particular mission, when I faced Malak and it went to the big cutscene I said to myself "I'm Revan?!?! And surely enough I was. One of the greatest surprises I have ever had in a video game. To answer the topic, building my own character or playing one with a past doesn't matter to me as long as the story is good.

At last! Some sense in the Mob!

Totally agree with that last part!

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?