Prstige classes

Prestige classes, yet mistery, but make us shake B) marauder, watchman, weapon master... Don't you think they are coresponding to the starting Jedi classes? E.g. sentinel=watchman, guardian=marauder(but wath about the assasin?)?

Someone pointed out they look like dark/light versions of the starting classes. eg. Sith Assassin = Evil prestige sentinel, Weapon Master = Good prestige Guardian. Seems about accurate.

The classes may kind of be like that, but haven't the Devs said that you can becoem any of the three prestige classes regardless if you choose to be a Guardian, Sentinel or Consular? If that was your point, at least...?

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

No, I didn't mean that, I meant they sort of mirrored the "theme". In DnD, prestige class levels are just added levels of a new class. You might be a level 9 Druid/level 3 x prestige class for example.

I'm expecting it to be similar in KOTOR2 - Go up 15 levels or whatever, and if you have the particular skill/ability requirements for whatever prestige class, you can start gaining levels in it.

I'm expecting it to be similar in KOTOR2 - Go up 15 levels or whatever, and if you have the particular skill/ability requirements for whatever prestige class, you can start gaining levels in it.

I see.. Still what you just said might not be correct either, since I think it has been mentioned that there's more to it than just gaining levels <_<.

But we shall see, and I look forward to finding out B)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

We'll see soon enough :)

Well, if 5-7 months is "soon", then... :o (althrough I don't think it's impossible that some info will be released before that...)

I see.. Still what you just said might not be correct either, since I think it has been mentioned that there's more to it than just gaining levels <_<.

The current speculation is quests to join each prestige class and I hope this comes through.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I'm sure i read somewhere that you complete a set quest for each prestege class in order to join that class!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I'm sure i read somewhere that you complete a set quest for each prestege class in order to join that class!

Probably on the boards. :)

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Probably on the boards. :)

No i think it was in magazine preview. Hold on i'll have a look! B)

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

It isn't in the mag i got but i think it was in one of the previews i have read. I think it might have been an article some1 scanned and posted on the bioware forum. But i'm not sure. :)

Cant find in on the bioware forum!

I'm not gonna spend hours lookin but if i see it i'll post the link here.

i don't really get the point of this thread. can someone translate into english what the original poster is trying to complain about?

As far as I can tell, the prestige classes will work in the same way that the Jedi classes from the first game did. For example, I'm sure there might be special bonuses or whatever if you select a specific prestige class depending on your class. But I'm pretty sure Obsidian's going to allow you to choose any prestige class you want, regardless of what starting Jedi class you choose.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i don't really get the point of this thread. can someone translate into english what the original poster is trying to complain about?

As far as I can tell, the prestige classes will work in the same way that the Jedi classes from the first game did. For example, I'm sure there might be special bonuses or whatever if you select a specific prestige class depending on your class. But I'm pretty sure Obsidian's going to allow you to choose any prestige class you want, regardless of what starting Jedi class you choose.

I'm not sure exactly what they were on about but it turned into a general discussion about the new classes.

it appears that what you is getting with the prestige classes is simply a limited late game opportunity to multi-class. you start out consular and want to multi to a more combat focused class? well, then you takes either the lightside combat focused prestige class, or you takes the darkside focused prestige class... will pretty much be like simply allowing you to multi to guardian. no doubt there will be some little special power or two that comes with the kotor 2 prestige classes, but the obsidians IS being rather economical, ain't they? they is, for the most part, giving you even less than you got in kotor. at least in that game you had 6 distinct classes. in this game you is gonna be getting 3... but they add nifty labels and you thinks you got 9?

*shrug*

not particularly bother Gromnir that there is simply 3 classes

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

yeah, 'cause the shotgun spread o' inane smileys is a much better way to show you is a smart guy.

btw, not everything is related to star wars... Gromnir were posting 'fore lucas came up with that jar jar crap, but no doubt this is a difficult concept for a star wars geek to be grasping. the notion that something might not be related to star wars is probably too much for you to be accepting, so if it makes you feel better, you can continue hearing jar jar in your noggin when Gromnir posts

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)