Light Side Powers

Was it just me or did anyone think the lightside powers were weak, they were too defensive, and although the Jedi are defensive by nature, I thought therei shoudl be more offensive lightside skills that were jsut as cool and damaging as the Darkside powers and Exclusive to light Jedi.

When they released the SAMPLE of the New force powers they didnt show any new Light Side Powers.

Are there any neat and deadly light side powers in the star wars Universe worth putting in the game?

well as you already know jedis only use the force for knowledge and defense never for attack.

That being said I think that there should be some way to "reflect" attacks.

Also stasis field was a pretty powerful power, try saying that three times as fast

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Is confusion a light power? Or is that universal?

Anyways I always found the right set of Light powers all but made the dark side powers used against my character useless. So where the powers never did any direct damage they keep the character alive so they can do the damage.

well as you already know jedis only use the force for knowledge and defense never for attack.

That being said I think that there should be some way to "reflect" attacks.

Also stasis field was a pretty powerful power, try saying that three times as fast

Thats tru stasis was a good power, but to a Jedi must attack soemtime when teh galaxy is depending on it. " I can't do it Ben, I Can't kill my own Father!"

"Then I am afraid the Emporer has already won"

Obviously when fighting dark jedi and sith an attack is important to keep teh peace

Anyways I always found the right set of Light powers all but made the dark side powers used against my character useless. So where the powers never did any direct damage they keep the character alive so they can do the damage.

DOnt get me wrong im not asking for a power such as CRUSH or KiIL, but something like throw, where u pick up your opponents throw his body against a wall adn tehn back to the ground and then throw him toawrds you so you can attack him with your lightsaber

That's pretty much the purpose of lightside powers: They are by and large curative and defensive.

I expect we will see something like the following:

Force Regeneration: Allows you to regenerate HP

Force Revive: Revives a NPC with full or partial health.

Force Absorb/Repel: Allows you to absorb or repel certain DS powers.

Light side powers cannot harm another living being directly. (but they can harm droids)

So obviously the LS powers will seem a bit weak at first examination.

That's pretty much the purpose of lightside powers: They are by and large curative and defensive.

I expect we will see something like the following:

Force Regeneration: Allows you to regenerate HP

Force Revive: Revives a NPC with full or partial health.

Force Absorb/Repel: Allows you to absorb or repel certain DS powers.

Light side powers cannot harm another living being directly. (but they can harm droids)

So obviously the LS powers will seem a bit weak at first examination.

But surely using telekensis and picking an opponent up and flinging him towards you wouldint really be harminng him, even if you throw him to a wall, its kinda the wall or floor hurting him not the force; The force woudl not really be draingn life out of him or crushing or choking or killing him. Its a loophole

I don't think that they should be too picky about differentiating LS and DS when it comes to force powers. Most of the powers are used by both sides (particularly in battle). In ROTJ for example, Luke uses force choke while trying to rescue Han from Jabba. In short, I don't think that these sharp distinctions between LS and DS powers ever really existed in Lucas's mind. I think they have been implemented by EU writers and developers to suit their purposes.

but i do see your point, whats the poitn of having a lightside power taht does damage? it might as well be universal then liek whirl wind... well the point is Jedi Consulars who use the force as there defense may need it to becoem a greater method of attack. and maybe guardians woudl ahve a light side power where they go into a meditaive stateand they can flip hop and jump liek yoda against coutn Dooku

I don't think that they should be too picky about differentiating LS and DS when it comes to force powers.  Most of the powers are used by both sides (particularly in battle).  In ROTJ for example, Luke uses force choke while trying to rescue Han from Jabba.  In short, I don't think that these sharp distinctions between LS and DS powers ever really existed in Lucas's mind.  I think they have been implemented by EU writers and developers to suit their purposes.

I agree in part: however, Luke only used choke to the point that the Gamorrean guards backed off; at no time did he bust out the Force Lightning. I think Lucas intended that when the powers are intentionally used to kill/harm...that's dark side.

It could be in how the powers are used.

I also think it might be a good idea to create a penalty for LS characters for taking DS powers. In the first game, it just cost more Force Points. I'd also like to see you pick up DS points if you use a power like Force Drain or Plague or such powers.

I don't think that they should be too picky about differentiating LS and DS when it comes to force powers.  Most of the powers are used by both sides (particularly in battle).  In ROTJ for example, Luke uses force choke while trying to rescue Han from Jabba.  In short, I don't think that these sharp distinctions between LS and DS powers ever really existed in Lucas's mind.  I think they have been implemented by EU writers and developers to suit their purposes.

I agree in part: however, Luke only used choke to the point that the Gamorrean guards backed off; at no time did he bust out the Force Lightning. I think Lucas intended that when the powers are intentionally used to kill/harm...that's dark side.

It could be in how the powers are used.

I also think it might be a good idea to create a penalty for LS characters for taking DS powers. In the first game, it just cost more Force Points. I'd also like to see you pick up DS points if you use a power like Force Drain or Plague or such powers.

yes I agree with that, but still a telekenis or special fighting styule for lightside players especialy guardians should be employed for the lightside players that do not want to use DS powers but want a higher level of action in their game play.

EDIT: and like i said a light side COnsular would not be very strong if he did not have other Jedi in the party, and since in this game i doubt three other JEdi will be in your party...

well in ESB yoda said for knowledge and defense

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think it's the intentions behind your use of the power that matters, not the power its self. If you use force choke to save someone, that's different from using it to punish someone. Yoda even decides to use Dooku's lightening against him to protect Obi-wan and Anakin.

well in ESB yoda said for knowledge and defense

Wel if your a consular and a SIth assasin is running at you with 2 lightsabers and you arnt that great with one, don't think you shoudl be able to throw him back giving him 15 damage then pull him fowardand slash him with ur saber.... because force push AND pull are both powers used by Jedi im merely suggesting in addition to whirlwind, mixixng push and pull together so you can fling the guy around a lil bit allowing you to better defend yourself with teh saber. Im not requestiong the Jedi to use attacks that can kill the opponent.

I would think that part of being a jedi would be in finding a way to resolve things without using the energies created by all living things to harm people with

BUT ALSO the dark jedi have a power in this new game called fury i think, which as they dish out attacks the attack get more powerfull with eahc consecutive hit. THe Jedi shoudl have an anti Fury called battle stance or clarity or calm or something in which they go into a special stance where they use the force to preform acrobatics making themsleves more elusive and allowing them to attack with greater accuracy and power.

THat woudl be well within the boundaries of teh Jedi Code. COnsidering Mace Windu does that VII lightsaber form stance supposidly.

Though jedi are "protectors" and "keepers of the peace," they are also powerful warriors. They weild the deadliest personal weapon in the galaxy and are trained to perfection in its use. It's sort of like our "peace keeping" troops in Iraq with their tanks and assault riffles.

Well if your implaying the pushing and pull should be used (for defense) with a Light Jedi to aid his weak sabre combat skill, I don't agree. The Jedi have many defensive force powers that aid them already to compensate for weak combat, Armor, Knight speed, Healing, and so forth. Also, your sabre can be modded with stun and other interesting abilities to help out. Just because you are not using a DS power to kill.... doesn't make it a LS power. :)

Funnily enough, a debate like this runs among the Jedi through the EU portion of the SW universe.

On one hand there are the Jedi who advocate more offensive measures, a sort of "keeping the peace by having the biggest weapons approach"

The other hand are the more conservative, traditional Jedi who argue more about a balance to things and not using the Force offensively. They feel the Jedi from the first group are skirting dangerously close to the Dark Side.

Of course, in all likelihood the truth lies somewhere in between.

Well if your implaying the pushing and pull should be used (for defense) with a Light Jedi to aid his weak sabre combat skill, I don't agree. The Jedi have many defensive force powers that aid them already to compensate for weak combat, Armor, Knight speed, Healing, and so forth. Also, your sabre can be modded with stun and other interesting abilities to help out. Just because you are not using a DS power to kill.... doesn't make it a LS power.  :)

SO you are suggesting that a JEdi never needs to defeat an opponent? Well in Kotor it woudl nto work that way you cant jsut stun your opponents and walk away without defeating them. Jedi must be on teh offensive soemtiems to keep teh peace adn defeat teh dark side.

Im not talking about usign teh force to take a life but merely in the games term to even the playing field

Mace Windu creates i fighitng stance where the Jedigoes into a transe-liek state and is able to fully immerse himself in battle and have swift more accurate, more powerfull, anf more speedy attacks, it is not a defensive stance, and yet it was created by the noble Jedi Master Mace Windu. Are you questioning him as tettering to teh Dark side? I shoudl hope not!

What I think he might mean is Jedis should only kill after all other options have been exusted