Revan in KotOR2

Do you think Revan should play a big part in KotOR2?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Revan should play a big part in KotOR2?

• YES
    • NO

I'm not disagreeing with that, just that I think he well be sarkside either way. Inorder that he/she will be wearing and cloak and mask!

Beware of the Sarkside! ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Now i am speaking out of ignorance here because i wasnt a fan until kotor but even if you played revan as a light side character and some how in the next five years he/she fell back to the dark side, without the star forge how could revan establish a great enough force to almost totally decimate the jedi order AND have the republic on the brink of collapse, i have a feeling there is more to this than we have guessed so far!

p.s correct me if im wrong with any of the above

<---sw newb

Aside from the obvious affect Revan will have on how the game begins, I think it would be best if he/she didn't have a large role in the the next game. I think if he ended KOTOR 1 as a lightsider, he should be dead, killed by the Sith, and if he ended as a darksider, he should be dead, maybe killed by Bastilla. After all, it was clearly explained in KOTOR 1 that it is the lesser Sith's duty to eventually challenge the Sith Master, right?

Whatever happens to Revan, I'd be happy just seeing a cutscene giving a credible explanation of what happened to him and move on.

so....in other words.....you're guessing! I agree that it is possible that, that is why they are having you answer the questions but at the sametime I would also say that, considering they are bringing back past NPCs for cameos then it would be so that the story matched what had already happened in your games in the original KOTOR rather than saying... ok you were a lightsider, because we say so and this is how the new story is going to play from there. Plus if you did go DS and kill carth wouldn't it look stupid if carth walked up to you on telos and started talking to you?

I know from a certain stand point you idea of why they want you to answer the questions makes sense and very likely could be correct but I can't see then doing it because of the fact that you could customize revan in many different ways besides his/her looks.

But then agian this is only my opinion and for all I know I could be wrong so I guess I will have to wait and see when the game comes out.

From an article posted on the starwars.com forum, it was stated that the way you answer the questions will have a BIG impact on the way the story plays out, inferring that the story will differ quite a bit depending on how the FOUR endings worked out (DS male, DS female, LS male, LS female).

That's why I think Revan's going to have a major role. Having said that, I'm not saying that Revan will be a playable character, or will be the endboss. I'm just saying that it's a fairly good guess that his role will have a major impact on the storyline somehow.

And because of the above article about how you answered the question will make the game play differently, it makes me think even moreso that Revan will play a large role because it covers all angles. You played Revan as a female? Good. If you tell the game that, when you meet Revan she'll be female. Played Revan as a DS male? Same thing, you meet him, he's an evil looking man.

Obviously I could be completely wrong, but IMO, it's almost a given that Revan will have a large role in the game. What that role is, well, that's another story.

Why does it have to mean that Revan will play a role? So we are being asked questions about the last game too help the game play out. References to Revan as him/her or what characters fromkotor1 is still alive. To see how (darkside) Revan ruled as a Sith, too see how bad the Galaxy's state at the moment is. Sure he will play some what of a role of the story, but should be there to help gap the games, but that is all he should be used for so not to ruin my character of revan I created the first time around.

Evolutionary Development

I remember reading somewhere that the character you play in kotor 2 once followed revan, whether you followed him/her in revans days as the dark lord or the mandalorian wars, or both remains to be seen..........

or then again i could be completely wrong, im just speculating :)

Now i am speaking out of ignorance here because i wasnt a fan until kotor but even if you played revan as a light side character and some how in the next five years he/she fell back to the dark side, without the star forge how could revan establish a great enough force to almost totally decimate the jedi order AND have the republic on the brink of collapse, i have a feeling there is more to this than we have guessed so far!

p.s correct me if im wrong with any of the above

<---sw newb

Revan was very powerfull. If Malak hadn't turn against his master, then probably the republic wouldn't even exist in the time of the skywalkers. He wasn't lured the galaxy only becouse Malak.

And i think Revan is evil. The Jedi could destroy his mind, but with time he will get back his personality. In my opinion, he is one of the most charismatic evil in the SW world.

So it's possible that he is evil eighter ways.

Revan or Darth Revan depending on your ending is one of the most if not the most powerful Sith or Jedi in the galaxy. This game takes place only 5 years after the last game so realistically Revan has only become stronger. Given the timeline of TSL I can't see how Revan wouldn't be playing some kind of major role in the current struggle that is plaguing the galaxy. The only reasons I can think of as to why he wouldn't be playing a major role in TSL is he's either dead or he went off to the outer realm to be a hermit both of which are lame reasons IMHO.

Cheers!

And coincidentally enough it is in a computer game, a genre known for making characters more powerful than they would actually be in the movies or EU books.

KOTOR should not be canon for this reason.

AHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm gone for a week and all this little topics pop up. I trust you guys for just a week and I come back and its gone to he...I mean heck. No revan. New game. Mention. THat's all plz. Many other topics and threads.

he most likly will play what ever part that you specifiy in the start of the game. it might be cool if you know he is there but he never directly play a part of the story...just influances.

Firstly

Hey GonkRaider how do you know Darth Revan's fighting style will be shown, I just want alittle evidence to back up what u have to say, cause seeing Revans fighting style in the game sounds great!

Secondly

The Devs have already said that Revan him/herself wont play a huge role in the game. Although what happened to him/her probably will affect the games story when you find out.

Thirdly

I personally would like to see Revan play a role in the game but the chances of that happening are infintely small and it would totally stomp over the choices u made in Kotor I, for instance what if u used duel lightsabers throughout the game and he comes back with just a single saber....that doesn't sound like the Revan u made in the last game now does it?

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Firstly

Hey GonkRaider how do you know Darth Revan's fighting style will be shown, I just want alittle evidence to back up what u have to say, cause seeing Revans fighting style in the game sounds great!

Secondly

The Devs have already said that Revan him/herself wont play a huge role in the game. Although what happened to him/her probably will affect the games story when you find out.

Thirdly

I personally would like to see Revan play a role in the game but the chances of that happening are infintely small and it would totally stomp over the choices u made in Kotor I, for instance what if u used duel lightsabers throughout the game and he comes back with just a single saber....that doesn't sound like the Revan u made in the last game now does it?

This is very true but we do not yet know what questions will be asked