Revan in KotOR2

Do you think Revan should play a big part in KotOR2?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Revan should play a big part in KotOR2?

• YES
    • NO

I wouldn't. I played Revan in the first game. I had some (minor) amount of say on the development of that character in that game. I would rather not Obsidian try to tell me more how I supposedly would have developed that character.

I voted that Revan shouldn't play a big role in the game. I think it would be alright if you got to see him/her agian and find out what happened to them after the end of KOTOR but they shouldn't be in the main game play IMO anyway.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I voted that Revan shouldn't play a big role in the game. I think it would be alright if you got to see him/her agian and find out what happened to them after the end of KOTOR but they shouldn't be in the main game play IMO anyway.

Exactly, what I have to say.

Evolutionary Development

add 3 more people to be disappointed. :p

Are you saying that Revan IS going to be a main part of the game play?

I didn't mean the revan story I mean having revan as a NPC or as a main boss or anysuch thing like that.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

add 3 more people to be disappointed.  :p

Are you saying that Revan IS going to be a main part of the game play?

I didn't mean the revan story I mean having revan as a NPC or as a main boss or anysuch thing like that.

this poll asked if Revan was going to play a big part in the story. it didn't ask if he was going to be an NPC.

thus, if people are hoping Revan isn't involved in the story in a big way, they're going to be very disappointed.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

add 3 more people to be disappointed.

AscendedPaladin.png

thus, if people are hoping Revan isn't involved in the story in a big way, they're going to be very disappointed.

And what makes you so sure that he will play a large role?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

As Quasar said, I made Revan in the first game. Now if they show a piece of Revan okay but we already played a game with him as the whole thing, and if he plays a huge role in this game I will bed extremely disappointed because I want a new game, I want new characters, new planets, new eveyrthing.

Evolutionary Development

It would be nice to know what happened to Revan, but I don't see how it can be done for both light and dark variations.

If you chose the darkside ending for KOTOR Revan can wear his mask and robes.

How would he appear in the lightside version? He wouldn't wear a mask, and it would be impossible to select one face for him.

Perhaps you will hear that Revan is onboard some ship fighting the sith and never see him. But this would be kinda cheap.

What if you met him on Mannan, or some other water world, or walking on the hull of some ship. Then he could wear an enviro suit and you'd never have to see him.

But then he wouldn't get any lightsaber action. :)

Well, I wouldn't mind if we saw him/her - from a distance - fightning one of the Sith Lords or something like that :). But whenever we'd see he/she'd die from that encounter or not would have to remain to be seen. But I hope we won't see him/her die or find out that he/she have died :lol:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

It would be nice to know what happened to Revan, but I don't see how it can be done for both light and dark variations.

If you chose the darkside ending for KOTOR Revan can wear his mask and robes.

How would he appear in the lightside version? He wouldn't wear a mask, and it would be impossible to select one face for him.

Perhaps you will hear that Revan is onboard some ship fighting the sith and never see him. But this would be kinda cheap.

What if you met him on Mannan, or some other water world, or walking on the hull of some ship. Then he could wear an enviro suit and you'd never have to see him.

Maybe he/she fell to the darkside again then he/she would be wearing mask/robes and then you could still meet him on the LS ending.

400 posts! Whoo hoo! B)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Maybe he/she fell to the darkside again then he/she would be wearing mask/robes and then you could still meet him on the LS ending.

400 posts! Whoo hoo!  B)

That would be far worse than choosing a weird appearence and voice for Revan, in my opinion. I mean, if you played KotOR as light side and had Revan redeem him/herself, it would be very annoying for Obsidian to say, "Sorry, Revan fell again." Talk about destroying some people's idea of what Revan was like.

One interesting thing. From what I understand, Revan often wore that mask even before people had realized he was on the Dark Path. Yet none of the Jedi following him seemed to be concerned about it. Perhaps there could be some story behind that mask, some reason why even a light side Revan might wear it.

why would Obsidian spend so much time implementing a system where various questions are asked about how the previous game played through unless they intended to have Revan play a significant role? It doesn't make sense to allow the player to describe the events of the first game if Revan won't even have a major part in it.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

why would Obsidian spend so much time implementing a system where various questions are asked about how the previous game played through unless they intended to have Revan play a significant role? It doesn't make sense to allow the player to describe the events of the first game if Revan won't even have a major part in it.

so....in other words.....you're guessing! I agree that it is possible that, that is why they are having you answer the questions but at the sametime I would also say that, considering they are bringing back past NPCs for cameos then it would be so that the story matched what had already happened in your games in the original KOTOR rather than saying... ok you were a lightsider, because we say so and this is how the new story is going to play from there. Plus if you did go DS and kill carth wouldn't it look stupid if carth walked up to you on telos and started talking to you?

I know from a certain stand point you idea of why they want you to answer the questions makes sense and very likely could be correct but I can't see then doing it because of the fact that you could customize revan in many different ways besides his/her looks.

But then agian this is only my opinion and for all I know I could be wrong so I guess I will have to wait and see when the game comes out.

AscendedPaladin.png

so....in other words.....you're guessing! I agree that it is possible that, that is why they are having you answer the questions but at the sametime I would also say that, considering they are bringing back past NPCs for cameos then it would be so that the story matched what had already happened in your games in the original KOTOR rather than saying... ok you were a lightsider, because we say so and this is how the new story is going to play from there. Plus if you did go DS and kill carth wouldn't it look stupid if carth walked up to you on telos and started talking to you?

I know from a certain stand point you idea of why they want you to answer the questions makes sense and very likely could be correct but I can't see then doing it because of the fact that you could customize revan in many different ways besides his/her looks.

But then agian this is only my opinion and for all I know I could be wrong so I guess I will have to wait and see when the game comes out.

From an article posted on the starwars.com forum, it was stated that the way you answer the questions will have a BIG impact on the way the story plays out, inferring that the story will differ quite a bit depending on how the FOUR endings worked out (DS male, DS female, LS male, LS female).

That's why I think Revan's going to have a major role. Having said that, I'm not saying that Revan will be a playable character, or will be the endboss. I'm just saying that it's a fairly good guess that his role will have a major impact on the storyline somehow.

And because of the above article about how you answered the question will make the game play differently, it makes me think even moreso that Revan will play a large role because it covers all angles. You played Revan as a female? Good. If you tell the game that, when you meet Revan she'll be female. Played Revan as a DS male? Same thing, you meet him, he's an evil looking man.

Obviously I could be completely wrong, but IMO, it's almost a given that Revan will have a large role in the game. What that role is, well, that's another story.

400 posts! Whoo hoo!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

From an article posted on the starwars.com forum, it was stated that the way you answer the questions will have a BIG impact on the way the story plays out, inferring that the story will differ quite a bit depending on how the FOUR endings worked out (DS male, DS female, LS male, LS female).

That's why I think Revan's going to have a major role. Having said that, I'm not saying that Revan will be a playable character, or will be the endboss. I'm just saying that it's a fairly good guess that his role will have a major impact on the storyline somehow.

And because of the above article about how you answered the question will make the game play differently, it makes me think even moreso that Revan will play a large role because it covers all angles. You played Revan as a female? Good. If you tell the game that, when you meet Revan she'll be female. Played Revan as a DS male? Same thing, you meet him, he's an evil looking man.

Obviously I could be completely wrong, but IMO, it's almost a given that Revan will have a large role in the game. What that role is, well, that's another story.

I'm not disagreeing with that, just that I think he well be sarkside either way. Inorder that he/she will be wearing and cloak and mask!