crystal caves

I hope they have more areas like the crystal cave in the new game and mabey have some good crystals in them.

Im sure Dantooine will still have its crystal cave even after its destruction by Malak's fleet. Maybe the lasers even fused some new crystals or something. As for the other planets, I dont know enough about them to say.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Sure, why not. I hope they're a little more discriminating with the location.

Revan: "I just got a lightsaber! RAWK."

Master: "Hey, there's a cave nearby... :ph34r: Coincidentally it's got a lot of lightsaber crystals in it. Er... supposedly."

Revan: "You mean, there's a cave full of lightsaber crystals nearby!? :blink: "

Master:  " :rolleyes::blink: Y-yeah."

Revan: "What a coincidence! :rolleyes:"

The idea of another crystal cave is cool but I would also like to see more powerful crystals in the game like the Heart of the Guardian, Mantle of the Force, or some new more powerful crystals. It would be nice if they gave you a powerful crystal for finishing a swoop track or doing a side quest or maybe when you got your prestige class.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I can't quite connect swoop racing trophies and lightsaber crystals; how about new Force feats for the Pazaak champion? :)

seriously speaking, having access to special crystals at various points, and not just in an obscure space station at the end of the game would be nice.

Maybe defeating a Sith Lord will give powerful lightsabers, crystals, etc.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I can't quite connect swoop racing trophies and lightsaber crystals; how about new Force feats for the Pazaak champion? :)

Why couldn't you get the lightsaber crystal AS a trophy or as a prizae? I mean most of the crystals are worth alot of money so what better to give to a sector champion than something worth alot of money. Also seeing that the game is based around the jedi and only you can win the championship it's not like a gamorian is going to take the championship in the end because you always have the chance to beet his/her time, so then would it not also make sense that a prize would be useful to you as a jedi?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I can't quite connect swoop racing trophies and lightsaber crystals; how about new Force feats for the Pazaak champion?  :)

Why couldn't you get the lightsaber crystal AS a trophy or as a prizae? I mean most of the crystals are worth alot of money so what better to give to a sector champion than something worth alot of money. Also seeing that the game is based around the jedi and only you can win the championship it's not like a gamorian is going to take the championship in the end because you always have the chance to beet his/her time, so then would it not also make sense that a prize would be useful to you as a jedi?

Its due to the "image" that swoop racing is supposed to befair for all and everyone has a chance to win. :lol: Only a jedi could use a force crystal so what would be the point of giving one as a prize if someone else "won?"

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

as far as I know, or better still the way I imagine it, crystal acquisition is an important, even ceremonial matter for the Jedi; doesn't sound like something that drag racing thugs exchange because of its high 'market value'.

Remember the only time you 'bought' the crystals was on the space station, because that Rodian had found them on Yavin IV and put them on sale along with other 'stuff' that did him no good.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

And like on dantooine you got a ds point for selling them to crattis yuttal so there must be some ancient jedi law againt it, but then again in kotor 2 YOU are supposedly the last jedi so whats to stop the thugs selling the crystals they found on dead jedi and the like? Just a thought ;)

And like on dantooine you got a ds point for selling them to crattis yuttal so there must be some ancient jedi law againt it

Er? I don't sell mine to Yuttal... But I routinely sell enhancement crystals out at Yavin IV. It's never given me a DS point yet for doing it... Or is that specific to the X box version? I know that the Prima guide for KotOR says you'll get a DS point on Korriban for memorizing and reciting the Sith code properly, it hasn't given me one for that either.

this thread exemplifies just one of the obstacles for obsidian in trying to make kotor2.

a sequel not have benefit o' being new... gotta do bigger and better. folks like the 1007 cave in kotor, and they like the kewl powhaz the special crystals gave 'em... so what does obsidian have to do, to out do kotor? when you first got a lightsabre in kotor, finding a bondar crystal was great... but by the end o' the game, such crystals only had value as a minor sales item.

so what does obsidian do now that you has seen those mantle of the force, and heart of the guardian crystals? now that folks has had solari and upari combos, what will obsidian offer? obsidian has a tough task of making better 1007 w/o simply making it more powerful... 'cause as much as you folks want such stuff, getting it will ruin your game... take all the challenge out of it.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

And like on dantooine you got a ds point for selling them to crattis yuttal so there must be some ancient jedi law againt it

Er? I don't sell mine to Yuttal... But I routinely sell enhancement crystals out at Yavin IV. It's never given me a DS point yet for doing it... Or is that specific to the X box version? I know that the Prima guide for KotOR says you'll get a DS point on Korriban for memorizing and reciting the Sith code properly, it hasn't given me one for that either.

Me too. But it should seem like you should get LS points for reciting the jedi code, and DS points for the sith code. I mean, on the star forge I told Bastila to recite the code and she was almost instantly redeemed.

How many of you have bought the Mantle of the Force and Heart of the Jedi Guardian crystals?

I did.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Sorry i meant if you sell them to yurtal on dantooine. When you are told about them being on dantooine by Zhar, if you go to the traders he buys them but you get a ds point

Instead of a cave Obsidian should have crystals in tombs. Jedi tombs light side Sith for the Dark side and the rest of the crystals you get from the Jedi or Sith you kill in the game. Although a cave like the one on Dagobah would be a nice touch. Have crystals inside but also have the force messing with your PC's head as you progress deeper and deeper within the cave.

Cheers!

Wouldn't they still be to accessable then... Maybe you should have to pay inordinate amounts of money for some crystals or the ability to modify your lightsaber to contain three crystals. Might give money a purpose...