Hey I actually made Mission usefull!

The devs have told us how in TSL they are trying to make non-Jedi party members more powerfull so you won't just leave them on the Ebon Hawk like you did in the first game.

But I've discovered that in KOTOR you don't need to keep using the jedi in our group. Take Mission- In all my previous games I've used her on Taris and then never again.

But if you take advantage of her sneak attacks, equip her with those 'Mandalorian heavy blasters', and then use status field on the enemies- she can do up to 50 damage per hit. Fit her out with heavy armour and rapid shot feats and she is a warrior!

Then there's Zalbaar- with strength 20 at the start and with his very high vitality he is a lean mean (furry) fighting machine if you give him a decent double-bladed weapon.

So if TSL carries on with this, it looks like the days of having Jedi do all the fighting will be numbered.

I thought i would reply so that atleast some1 will acknowledge ur contribution to KotOR players everywhere! :(

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I gave Carth two Barangwin Assault Blades and the heavy exoskeleton. Two-Weapon Fighting and flurrying makes him thoroughly obnoxious. Often, he did about as much damage as I did with a double bladed lightsabre, flurrying, with Master Speed active.

I thought i would reply so that atleast some1 will acknowledge ur contribution to KotOR players everywhere!  :unsure:

Much appreciated :rolleyes:

If anyone will use Atton as a partymember (rather than quarentine him on the ship for fear of cathing his alien STD), his ability to get up after falling unconcious may be quite usefull.

Though not as usefull as Mira's rockets may be.

With the proper skills and equipment non-Jedi characters can be just as useful. Although I generally prefer Jedi, I have used Canderous and Mission quite often in my games. (I didn't use Carth because I couldn't stand his whining.)

With the proper skills and equipment non-Jedi characters can be just as useful. Although I generally prefer Jedi, I have used Canderous and Mission quite often in my games. (I didn't use Carth because I couldn't stand his whining.)

Yes but he too could be made useful! That is if u could put up with the whining.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Yes but he too could be made useful! That is if u could put up with the whining.

That's very true,but I didn't feel like putting up with it. :unsure:

I think i've become immune to it! It used to drive me mad but now i dont really hear it any more.

I dont know why people say they didnt use certain characters. I always took Mission with me to the Sandpeople enclave to find her brother. Not just Mission, but I always use T3 in every place that requires high computer skills; taris sith base, sandral estate, manaan sith base, and the manaan underwater base. Then when going darkside, I always took Canderous with me and made him use swords and gave him all the melee bonus and power attack feats.

Canderous was amazing with melee weapons! I made him indestructble with a combination of Mandalorian Assault armor, sith power gauntlets, a stabalizer mask, Naga Sadow's poison blade, that one implant that increases his constitoution by 4, and a Verpine Prototype energy sheild.

While they are useful, overall the jedi tend to be more powerful.

Agreed, with many Jedi in your party, you have a good chance of stunning people and the like, meaning that they're sitting ducks while you do lots of damage to them with your lightsabers or other Force Powers :D

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Then there's Zalbaar- with strength 20 at the start and with his very high vitality he is a lean mean (furry) fighting machine if you give him a decent double-bladed weapon.

I'd usually head right to Tatooine and pick up Yusani's Brand for Zaalbar. Later, I would make two trips to Yavin IV (after Star Maps 3 and 5) so that he could wield dual Baragwin Assault Blades. With the right utilities he's the perfect "tank" for the Star Forge.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

In general, some summary:

1. Jedis are definitely overpowered. Especially force push - my consular ran through the whole game without using its lightsaber, even with final Malak.

2. Non-jedi members CAN be very powerful, but in the second part of the game, and if they are blade fighters - blasters are definitely underpowered.

If you want more fun, play the whole game on hard with Zaalbar and Mission only :p

What Obsidian should do? Better balancing:

1. Give more power to ranged weapons.

2. Reduce the power of some forces.

3. Improve enemies - more use of medpacks, more grenadiers (it is fun to be hard hit by several plasma grenades :p ), jedis should use more frequently their force powers.

Nik.

If you want more fun, play the whole game on hard with Zaalbar and Mission only :p

I actually went through the Star Forge level with Zaalbar and Mission, and beat it. *shrug*

Felt too guilty about going darkside enough to dominate mind Zaalbar into killing her, so tried it. (yes, I'm a lamer and soft)

Besides, it worked :p

Didn't quite have it on Hard, tho

Canderous and Bastila or Canderous and Juhani are my usual team. Even better than Naga Sadow's blade is the Ysanis or whatever brand you get from that freak on tatooine when you get off the Hawk. I give that to him, then the heavy exoskeleton thing at the end . . . my set up is extremely complex because once I get certain items, I go through a lengthy trading process to make my party invincible :p

Anyhoo, Candy and either of the female jedi rules ^_^ Double blades all the way!!!

On the light side i usually go for 2 of the 3 jedi (although this time through i'm using Canderous + 1 jedi). On the DS I used Canderous and HK-47.

Making Mission usefull is a hard thing :p And i see a problem here. Most of the characters were useless or simply not interessting as the Jedis. I dont say they're weak, but , hell, i didnt use HK-47 or Mission at all!

In general, some summary:

1. Jedis are definitely overpowered. Especially force push - my consular ran through the whole game without using its lightsaber, even with final Malak.

That's what I played

2. Non-jedi members CAN be very powerful, but in the second part of the game, and if they are blade fighters - blasters are definitely underpowered.

Blasters weren't a great threat to the Jedis in the movies. The exception being Jango Fett.

They should have a bounty hunter character like Jango Fett in KOTOR2. He after all wears Mandalorian armor in the movies.

Making Mission usefull is a hard thing :unsure: And  i see a problem here. Most of the characters were useless or simply not interessting as the Jedis. I dont say they're weak, but , hell, i didnt use HK-47 or Mission at all!

No she's not! She is very useful. She is just a skill based character. Kind of like a Rogue in D&D. <_<