The ability to name lightsabers

In KOTOR when you had many lightsabers they would all be listed as 'lightsaber'

You had to use certain colours to identify different ones.

Now what would be usefull is if you had space to add names to the sabers that would show up on the item menu. Even if its just 3 letters you could have

CTS- critical strike

BD- blaster deflection

NU- Normal use

So for example if you set up a saber with crystals for a critical strike you would instantly know which saber it was, rather than having to equip each saber to find out its properties.

I have about 300 green sabers in my inventory. And 20 blue, 10 red. . .etc. <_< Colour doesn't quite help.

Having a "personalized" lightsaber, though. . .One that had your name on it. . .that'd rock. And considering the fact that we will be able to locate "our" saber, I think it will rock. B)

All we need is it to be moddable. And have our names on it.

"Mr Furryface's lightsaber - purple and doublebladed"

"Atton Rands lightsaber - small and bright pink. :( "

Fnord.

I know this really doesn't address your main request, but there is going to be a "special" lightsaber in the game. It used to belong to your PC before you got exiled from the Jedi Order. Your lightsaber was taken from you and there is an optional sidequest to recover it.

There is a quote somewhere by MCA that your lightsaber is very special and doing the sidequest to get the lightsaber is definitely "worth it!"

I don't quite like this idea...it's easy enough to see lightsaber stats. Besides try selling extra sabers. However, I would like something identying which sabers are currently equiped and who has them equpped.

Also, I think saber abilities should be based on the jedi, not the crystals.

i like that saber ability thing very good idea

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

A Jedi has one saber, its vulgar to have seven spares in your inventory. Its even more vulgar to have special sabers for different occasons.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ya but you don't have the ability to wield three at one time like General Grevious

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

What woudl be better than naming, is picking the style of your lightsaber handel, the length and intensity of the beam.!

Absolutely

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I'd like a bald, berserking jedi npc companion, who has a miniature giant space pet mynock, and owns a lightsaber named Droid's Bane.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Mine would probaly be "Sir Foebose beater of @$$"

How about instead of naming lightsabers, sticking with the starwars trilogy.

I know it doesnt fit the story of KOTOR2 but its just to show what i mean.

You start as a Padawan with a simple lightsabre either made by yourself but probably given to you by your master, if you were luke in epidode IV it would be called Anakins Lightsabre.

Then when you progress into Jedi Knight, you can make your own lightsabre with a selection of handles, the light sabre would be PCs name lightsabre, or if you create the lightsabre with a different Jedi it would have their name.

When you become a Jedi master, you get a larger selection of handles, so you can create more complex ones like count dookus.

What i am getting at, is that Jedi do not have possessions (not even hampsters) a Lightsabre +5 "StarKiller" would lead to the Dark side. You would love the lightsabre, then be scared of loosing the lightsabre, then if you loose it you would get angery, and then seek revenge for loosing it. (this also applys to space hampsters :) )

I would love to see a KOTOR game that successfully blends KOTOR and Dark Forces : Jedi Academy etc. where you can choose your weapons, and force pull weapons, and throw barrels and objects at the enemy units. But i do not belive KOTOR2 has achived this yet.

What i would also like to see is more Starwars style, such as the ability to loose your Lightsabre in battle, and have to force pull it back into your hand, this ability could also work on enemys weapons, but only if your charecter is unarmed.

for example on keshek when unarmed and the mandalorians attack, jedi should be able to steal there weapon and attack like luke does in Jabbas palace in Ep VI.

Ican't say I agree with Skywalker naming. <_<

Just a normal way of differentiating your sabers or make them all the same (apart from very minor differences) and make the PC stats determine how good he is with the sabers. Maybe for the final battle they could introduce a penari lightsaber. :)

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Yes it is quite crazy about how many lightsabers i had...Going through my weapons to see which ones i use to kill droids and deflect blaster bolts..and the ones i use that will kill organic beings like the Dark Jedi and etc...Good idea this one would be very useful in TSL...I get the feeling that we will have even more lightsabers in TSL then in KOTOR

In that case maybe, make the crystalls in the lightsabre id the name?

So a red lightsabre with no crystalls would be LR

Green Light sabre with Solaris crystal LGS

etc heck the colour is obvious maybe just a tag for the optional crystals that effect the stats.

Although if i remember rightly, the stats for each lightsabre are shown when selecting then X2, 20% chance of Stun etc on the left hand side of the screen, so i never had any problem finding the correct lightsabre, that and i had green for fighting meatbags, blue for droids, yellow did most damage, purple i reall6y cant remember i dont think i bothered with purple, and i deffinatly didnt need to go as far as using red, infact i made all the rubish not upgraded lightsabres red, that way the bad lightsabres didnt take up as much room, what with stacking.

So if there are going to be lightsabres with names, do it like the Sith Lightsabre where the blade has a history, dont do it as an excuse that you cant organise your blades as easily cause thats just not true. if you have to many lighsabers go to the caves and destroy all the eggs and collect the red crystals, then recolour your blades.

I'd stick to one (probably the one I got at jedi academy) and upgrade it throughout the game! Near th end I put in that the two crystals you get at yavin

Too bad though the Sith lghtsaber wasn't upgradable!!!

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Ive been thinking about it, and i think that only the sith shoul;d be able to name or upgrade there lightsabre.

My reason for this, is that Jedi dont have attachments, and Jedi only use their lightsabre for defence. Naming your lightsabre adds attachment, upgrading it not only adds attachment but also changes it from a symbol into a weapon. The lighsabre should just be a symbol, (like a paladin holy symbol in AD&D) a jedi should be able to make one, and not care if it is destroyed or lost as long as they always have a lighsabre then it doesnt matter.

I think this is a good reason why only Sith have double bladed lightsabres and Count dooku custom sabres, as a Jedi doesnt want or need a fancy blade, for this things only lead to the dark side. While its not very practicle and AD&D style RPG fans wont like it, i think non upgraderbul non nameable lightsabres are more relalistic.