Episode III title announced.

Mad_Scientist

This is a much better title than 'the creeping fear' would have been!

I also like how the new titles reflect those of the original trilogy

A new hope/ the phantom menace = something mysterious is starting up

Empire strikes back/ attack of the clones = action is happening

return of the jedi/ revenge of the sith = a supposedly defeated group has returned

I am so glad Lucas realised how rubbish 'The Creeping Fear' would have been- there's nothing creeping about the movie- it's all out-in-the-open evil B)

The first time someone told me Episode 2 would be title "Attack of the Clones", I thought it was a joke. It sounded so much like a d-grade scifi movie from the 80s. Revenge of the Sith is marginally better, but not particularly great.

Sounds ok to me!

I just think its funny that CNN are telling everyone for free but to find out on the SW website you have to pay to join up! :D

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Here is another site reporting the new title.

Episode 3

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Hmm. So, we'll have The Phantom Menace, The Attack of the Clones (*twitch*), and Revenge of the Sith for the prequels, and A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi for the originals.

Anyone else notice how we have Sith and Jedi for Episodes 3 and 6? I wonder if Episode 9 will be the Rampage of the Ewoks? :rolleyes:

More likely it will be called 'The Retirement of the Lucas'!

Sorry that was a bit poor.

It will be a lot darker than the first two prequels.

And that's the way I like it. B)

Well u wont need those shades! :ph34r:

I like the symetry of the names (ROTJ and ROTS).

I was about to say that I don't like the blatant parallelism!

also the word 'revenge' implies that the Sith have suffered some wrongdoing against them in the past; since we're meant to see the films from the Jedi point of view, 'revenge' doesn't sound much appropriate. Interesting, though.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I like the symetry of the names (ROTJ and ROTS). Good title for a hopefully great film. Thanks for the links kumquatq3 and Darth Sun Tzu.

No Problem man! ;)

when I saw the title "Attack of the clones" I assumed that clones would be the enemy... then I watch the film, and the only thing the clones are doing is saving the jedi. It makes no sense. Revenge of the Sith actualy makes decent sense.

when I saw the title "Attack of the clones" I assumed that clones would be the enemy... then I watch the film, and the only thing the clones are doing is saving the jedi. It makes no sense. Revenge of the Sith actualy makes decent sense.

Yes thats what got me! What would have been more acurate is 'The arrival of the Clones just in time to save the Jedi from certain death'! ;)

I kinda like "Rise of the Empire" better.

agreed.

the current title is a bit silly... not as bad as attack of the clones though.

post stalking :ph34r:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

actually I remember that Return of the Jedi was supposed to be titled Revenge of the Jedi so I think it's kind of cool, plus if you really look at it all the star wars titles are corny.

I agree on both points. In fact I posted that about Return of the Jedi on another topic in WoT.

I don't see why people give a damn so much about the titles of Star Wars movies. It's Space Opera.