for SW fans

Raven

How couldn't you? George Lucas is trying to mirror the style of the original trilogy with the prequels. It was evident in the first movie as well withthe seocnd movie. The original was Return of the Jedi so natually the Ep. 3 will be titled Revenge of the Sith.

How couldn't you? George Lucas is trying to mirror the style of the original trilogy with the prequels. It was evident in the first movie as well withthe seocnd movie. The original was Return of the Jedi so natually the Ep. 3 will be titled Revenge of the Sith.

Not to mention that the original title of Episode 6 was Revenge of the Jedi. It was renamed because Revenge wasn't very "Jedi-like".

lol I just didn't really think about it. SW movies are cool but I wasn't hugely into SW until kotor.

kotor kix all the movies asses IMO.

Ambrosia3.gif

I see nothing wrong with the title.In fact, it sounds pretty good to me. I think people complain too much about insignificant details anyway,and I don't mean just in Star Wars. You can't please everyone;some people will like it-others won't. That's life. :lol:

I've got some ideas

-Star Wars : Anakins not a whiny **** anymore!

-Star Wars : Jar Jar gets his head chopped off

-Star Wars : Who Cares? We'll get a billion people to watch it no matter what we call it!

-Star Wars : Its Scifi, not fantasy damnit!

-Star Wars : Better than those lame Trek movies!

I like it, spiffy logo as well

The logo is good. Looks more old Star Wars than the logos from the last two films. The title is cheesey, but not as bad as Attack Of The Clones, but then SW titles have always been pretty hokey.

Should he have named attack of the Clones 'Jar Jar goes to Senate'? lol.

No, but close - "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Coruscant".

newlogo.gif

There's got to be more than that. Did the good guys kicked a crippled Sith? Did they urinated on their graves? Did they gave Light Side cooties to some hostage Sith?

I mean, it's easy to point out that people criticizing the title are being picky, but if there is no reason as to why the Sith are getting revenge from something, the point is moot.

The jedi have beat up the sith several times in SW history before this

Remember, they thought the sith didn't exist anymore.

hence revenge

So the Sith are all sulky because they're being ignored?

newlogo.gif

The jedi have beat up the sith several times in SW history before this

Remember, they thought the sith didn't exist anymore.

hence revenge

So the Sith are all sulky because they're being ignored?

more like bitter because they have been hunted down and killed or their plans for world domination have been crushed.

I just have a very basicoutline of it all in my head, so one of the SW masters here would have to fill you in on what happened to whom and when.

Yes, even worse then 'Attack of the Clones'

I'll try to explain myself as good as I can at the moment:

All Star-Wars titles don't reveal the storyline, every title leaves a space for imagination, no matter how predictable the story is. And you actually, have to go there and see this movie, before you know if it's what you've expected.

'Revenge of the Sith' - reveals everything at once, it tells the story even if you haven't seen any of the movies and just heard about STAR-WARS.

"- Oh yeah... Sith... yeah, the bad guys, yeah, they win kind of... yeah, and this Christensen-guy becomes a bad guy... yeah...

- Yeah, dude, right, something like that...yeah..." ...

I'm sorry people, it may have been a bit offending by me to call it "the dumbest title", but I've expected something better, something more intriguing than this...

The title's quite okay by me. It complements Return of the Jedi quite well.

Just curious but what exactly do the Sith need revenge for in this next installment? Were they beaten to a pulp? Were they losing? Anything that would warrant revenge?

I'm guessing they're pissed because the Sith have been repressed for so long, forced into hiding and all that for hundreds of years etc, being hunted/swatted down everything they show themselves.

Spreading beauty with my katana.