Do you want Star Wars RPG games to keep on coming?

Would you like KOTOR series or KOTNR series to exist?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like KOTOR series or KOTNR series to exist?

• Yes, but only as far as KOTOR is concerned!
    • Yes, but it is time to move on to KOTNR!
    • Yes, both of them could contiue to exist!
    • No, I've had enough of them, time for new projects.

I wouldn't mind a KOTNR but I dont want to just go run around killing Sith. Ex. in Jedi Academy, you were atleast trying to prevent the sith from resurrecting a Sith Lord. We could have something similar in KOTNR...

As for developer, I cant comment since I have not played KotOR II but Bioware is pretty damn good.

Well I certainly hope that the plot is much better then in Jedi Academy. I'm not sure if I want to really play anymore games set in the "eu". I would be interested if they got a good author to write a story and design a game around it after ROTJ

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well I certainly hope that the plot is much better then in Jedi Academy. I'm not sure if I want to really play anymore games set in the "eu". I would be interested if they got a good author to write a story and  design a game around it after ROTJ

Every Star Wars game is concidered as EU :p

I imagine that most of us would like KOTNR to take place only few years after ROTJ and if possibly incuding Luke in the game (as well as the other famous characters).

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I'm saying I don't want to see Kyle Kataan or Mara Jade in a KOTOR style game, The beauty of kotor none of the characters beside dead sith lords were mentioned anywhere but in the game

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Assuming they continue to produce original ideas and well-written characters, I say keep them coming.

Additionally, I think that the KOTNR and KOTOR series can co-exist. I don't think, however that KOTNR should be set too far after ROTJ. A lot of casual fans are unfamiliar with the EU and a lot of harcore fans despise it. Setting one too far into the future (like the NJO era) may turn off both groups of fans.

Depending on how Episode III ends, I think a RPG set in the era between EIII and EIV might be neat.

And please, as I mentioned before in another thread: please no RPGs weaving through the movie's storyline!

I think as long as the stories remain fresh and the games maintain a certain level I'm all for it.

I enjoyed KOTOR, and look forward to TSL. So obviously I'd be looking forward to any future KOTOR-esque games, whether it be in the Old Republic era or the New Republic era, or even some "alternate universe" era.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i think it should either be WAY after ROTJ so the devs can basically do w/e they want or right after and maybe luke could be your master and training you.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I think as long as the stories remain fresh and the games maintain a certain level I'm all for it.

I enjoyed KOTOR, and look forward to TSL.  So obviously I'd be looking forward to any future KOTOR-esque games, whether it be in the Old Republic era or the New Republic era, or even some "alternate universe" era.

same here.

no more, I've had enough

I'm not a big fan of CRPGS, I don't mind them aslong as they have a good story, but I'd rather play a so called "twitch" game where I can actualy decide how my character handles a lightsaber, left swing right swing, ect. ect. and where my character aims. I don't like having the comp do everything for me.

I liked KOTOR because it had a good story and decent graphics, the former of the two was lacking in JKA.

I don't mind games with leveling up though, all for it, just not the action que part which reduces skill and tactics to pre - planning the build u choose and which type of attacks u want ur character to go out and do for u.

But thats just all my opinion and no offense is intended *prepares pre-emptive flame retardent suit*

no more, I've had enough

I'm not a big fan of CRPGS, I don't mind them aslong as they have a good story, but I'd rather play a so called "twitch" game where I can actualy decide how my character handles a lightsaber, left swing right swing, ect. ect. and where my character aims. I don't like having the comp do everything for me.

I liked KOTOR because it had a good story and decent graphics, the former of the two was lacking in JKA.

I don't mind games with leveling up though, all for it, just not the action que part which reduces skill and tactics to pre - planning the build u choose and which type of attacks u want ur character to go out and do for u.

But thats just all my opinion and no offense is intended *prepares pre-emptive flame retardent suit*

I'm not really sure how more KOTOR-style games would really affect you getting your wish for more "twitch" games. It's not as if Obsidian or Bioware would make a FPS or something if they weren't making RPGs. So whether or not another game in the KOTOR or KOTNR series were to be made, it'd have no effect on what you want.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

no more, I've had enough

I'm not really sure how more KOTOR-style games would really affect you getting your wish for more "twitch" games. It's not as if Obsidian or Bioware would make a FPS or something if they weren't making RPGs. So whether or not another game in the KOTOR or KOTNR series were to be made, it'd have no effect on what you want.

GOA is right, just don't buy them

Another KotOR game would probably be all right, although since these games are not really sequels anyway there's little point in having any kind of an official trilogy for KotOR...that is unless KotOR 3 mixed characters from KotOR 1 and 2 with new characters. Otherwise, it might as well be KotOR 500 or even 2000 years after the original 2 games. It would all have to depend on what kind of story they could develop for KotOR 3 and any subsequent game in the series, should there be any more.

As for KotNR, I'm very skeptical about such a game being made. If such a game were to be made while still within Luke Skywalker's lifetime, I feel the game should not follow the developments of the EU as closely as KotOR did. Though KotOR made up Malak and Revan and this Sith War from scratch, they used the EU backgrounds of the war with Exar Kun, Mandalorians and heroes such as Nomi Sunrider. I would not want to see KotNR follow this precedent however beyond very brief exceptions. I wouldn't mind if I see Mara Jade-Skywalker, the Solo children or even a grown up Ben Skywalker. However, I would not like to see references or stories based from cloned Emperor Palpatine, resurrected Boba Fett and absolutely no Yuuzhan Vong. Should the game be like 4,000 years after the movies where the developers can accomodate an original look for the SW universe while remaining as faithful as KotOR is then that would be for me much more preferrable.

I don't mind CRPGs, I'd just rather see more twitch based star wars games that are worth playing the SP, IE a decent storyline. Hopefuly commando will have something more then a half arse plot. But these are again all just my opinions, and no offense is intended, it's a poll and theres my choice. I'll probaly buy KOTOR 2 and KOTOR 3 if there is one just for the story cause thats one of the greatest qualities in SP based games, well actualy it's THE greatest quality in a SP based game with no MP like KOTOR.

I would love to see more Star Wars RPGs. I think it would be in Lucasarts' best interest, to cater to the non-Jedi crowd, and allow for non-force sensitive characters as the main characters. I prefer Jedi, but many people would rather be normal, at least once in a while. So any game with the option of both Jedi and non-Jedi main characters would be great and offer much more replay value based on that alone.

I think this would be a good idea too.  A game detailing the rise of the Empire and the purge of the Jedi would be pretty awesome.  And maybe in that game you would be a non-jedi character.

I agree. The more I think about it, it seems like a great idea.Imagine getting involved in the developing Rebellion movement and you could either choose to help hide Jedi from the Empire on one hand or even betray them to the Empire on the other- perhaps even choose to be one of the Jedi in hiding as well.

Maybe throw in Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and heck, even Morgan Katarn (Kyle's dad) could show up.

I would love to see more Star Wars RPGs. I think it would be in Lucasarts' best interest, to cater to the non-Jedi crowd, and allow for non-force sensitive characters as the main characters. I prefer Jedi, but many people would rather be normal, at least once in a while. So any game with the option of both Jedi and non-Jedi main characters would be great and offer much more replay value based on that alone.

I'd be up for that idea. I've never had a problem with a potential non-Jedi character as the "star". I just never thought KOTOR was the right fit for that. But that's another topic and has been discussed.

But I think that with regards to a KOTNR game, I'd want it to be similar to KOTOR in that it's situated quite a few 1000 years after the events of RotJ. I don't want it to be RIGHT after the NJO series or anything. I want it to be like KOTOR where if names like Luke Skywalker or Han Solo are mentioned, it's about someone telling your character about the history of these guys.

I'm not too keen on the idea of Knights Of The New Republic games because for me, the old triology kind of wraps up the story.

I prefer the next Kotor games to continue generally in the same timeline. Such as 10 or 20 years after TSL.

The idea of playing non-Jedi characters are intriguing. Perhaps these games could be stand alone stories.

I think a rpg about a non jedi in this particular format would suck ass.

If they made a KOTNR game it would have to be 1000 years after ROTJ with little to no mention of the "EU" after ROTJ so that basically it wouldn't suck