KOTOR 3 and EU

What according to you is the best period for KOTOR 3 (as I firmly believe there will a third installement)

Personally I would like it to be a bit later than both KOTOR 1,2, maybe 1000 years after them.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Yeah right and in the third gam the npc would have to ask what happened to both first two games, you would need half an hour to tackle with the question alone :)

Also continuity wouldn't be a problem if the third game would take place long after kotor 1 and 2. Maybe we will get to see Revan and the new guy (pc in kotor 2) as spirits guiding you.

3-8 years after TSL, we would then have second ancient series of related stories

after excellent TOTJ

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

are there any books written for that specific era??

Yeah quite a lot:

COMICS:

Golden Age of the Sith

Fall of the Sith Empire

Knights of the Old Republic

Freedon Nadd Uprising

Dark Lords of the Sith

Sith War

Redemption

BOOKS:

Tales of the Jedi Companion

A Guide to Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe

Bane of the Sith (short story)

+ 2 hardcover novels by Drew Karpyshyn and Elizabeth Hand scheduled for 2006-2007 release.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Yeah Drew wanted to write KOTOR's novelization but finally got Old Republic novel

with for now unknown storyline. Guy has great potential and I'm sure he will link KOTOR with his novel. Hand will probably go her own way in inventing setting & heroes but she has great talent too.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to these novelizations more than any other.

But going back to the topic...I'd like KOTOR 3 to be Knights of the NEW Republic, set after the Battle of Endor. In fact, I seem to recall Feargus mentioning he threw the idea out to Lucasarts but they weren't biting.

Still, I can only hope B)

Yes it would be very cool to have a team with such NPCs as Mara Jade, Kirana Ti, Kyp Durron, Streen, Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn or Luke Skywalker himself! At last I could interact with characters I know very well from novels and other video games. Action should take place 14-15 years after ANH when Luke's Academy is

fully developed.

Knights of the New Republic could be unrelated to KOTOR series aside of similar title and KOTOR 3 could be released also.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I think that in that case they'll just choose one plot ending as official.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Yes it would be very cool to have a team with such NPCs as Mara Jade, Kirana Ti, Kyp Durron, Streen, Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn or Luke Skywalker himself! At last I could interact with characters I know very well from novels and other video games. Action should take place 14-15 years after ANH when Luke's Academy is

fully developed.

Knights of the New Republic could be unrelated to KOTOR series aside of similar title and KOTOR 3 could be released also.

Ya except besides the thrawn trilogy everything written about Mara Jade sucks. Really everything besides the thrawn trilogy really really suck

The funnest thing is that people think Kyle Katarn is anything more than a video game character. I hope that one day there are more movies, so that the "eu" becomes known for what it is, authors who can't write mutilating the star wars universe. I love Salvatore, but the New Jedi Order books are a load of crap.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't like general plot of NJO. It looks like authors didn't have any fresh ideas so they decided to blow up entire lucasian galaxy...I mean the yuuzhan transformation of Coruscant (with moving moons) is sickest thing in history of star wars. NJO is toxic but I like few books (Edge of Victory, Unifying Force, Final Prophecy and Dark Journey) , admit that artistic level of NJO authors is better than crap produced by Barbara Hambly, Kube Mc Dowell or Roger Bride Allen!

I like Zahn but I do not worship him like you. Besides guy is finished. All he does now is endless exploitation of Thrawn. Survivor's Quest sucks more than NJO. But his first novels were great, true.

I like novels about Kyle Katarn, they were quite interesting

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I would also like the idea of Knights of the new republic, of new rebuplic knights (product differentiaion)

I would be ultra cool to have control over Luke Skywalker and his company, but a project like that should be epic (alowing for a play time well over 80 hours)

to make it more difficult they could use the yslamaris creatures (or how they are called)

so you could have some levels with no force at all (or at least for more parts of the level).

NRK (New Republic Knights Volume 1)

Yes I can feel it in the Force, it won't be a long time for it to be revealed ;)

Considering tons of EU material that devs have to study and proper presentation of everybody's favourite characters in case of such game, I think that production process would take 5-6 years and a team of 80-90 people.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

You don't seem to get what I'm saying. I don't worshipp Zahn, I just think that hes the only one who did an acceptable job

The main problem with "eu" is that it has already been too congested, every area of time post ROTJ has been filled, and filled poorly. Even if a compitent author wanted to make a contribution it would be too difficult, because he would have to make provide for the crap that's already been writen.

I say scrap it and start over. Take what little good there is, Mara Jade and a handful of good characters, take Zahn and maybe a couple of good established authors outside the star wars realm, most likely fantasy, and have them get together and write a competent and consistant storyline.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The only EU is really enjoyed was the stuff by Anderson, the first Zahn trilogy The Unifying Force and Shadows of the Empire (though Lucas has even said he considers it canon)

That being said, a well-done Knights of the New Republic that ignores the Hambly, McDowell and co crap could give me a modicum of faith back in the EU.

However, I DON'T want to see Knights of the Rebellion, or some such game that tries to weave an original story through the movies. They're trying that with the upcoming LOTR RPG, and frankly it strikes me as a BAD idea.

For such a game I would wait.

Altough I don't know if Lucasarts can wait for that long without cashing for a game.;)

Well surely they do have enough money and they own it to the funs.

And if anyone thinks the whole suncrusher books were any good then you're immediatly disqualified from discussing any of this, because of your stupidity you are incrediable biased

And if anyone thinks the whole suncrusher books were any good then you're immediatly disqualified from discussing any of this, because your stupidity you are incrediable biased

Okay, the Suncrusher was an incredibly bad idea, but Anderson's characterization and exploration of the history of the SW universe is second-to-none.

So much so that Anderson's background (both here and in TOTJ) becomes the "official" background according to Lucas. Indeed, I read somewhere that Lucas even based Darth Maul on Exar Kun.

EDIT: I think you forgot an 'of' somewhere in there. Mentioning someone's stupidity and using bad grammar while you do it kind of undermines your point, don't you think? I expected more from someone who has a Frank Blake lyric as their sig :)

Happy, and the fact that anderson wrote the sun crusher is proof he has no business writing in the star wars world

I think that Suncrusher is a brilliant idea :)

And don't forget dear Laozi that personal preferences cannot be measured. I know a lot of people who claim that Thrawn Trilogy is a crap and only idiots like it.

I like Thrawn Trilogy and Jedi Academy Trilogy equally...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: