Is suddently the word Sith used too much??

What do you think?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• 1) Yes, sometime ago we barely knew them
    • 2) No, it is only proper for the Sith, Jedi seemed to had all the attention
    • 3) Not sure
    • $) What are those Sith anyway

It seems rather strange that Lucas would in a relatively short time publish 2 products wit the word sith in their tittle.

Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith

KOTOR 2 - The Sith Lords

Rather Dark times indeed.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Also I dont think that the term 'sith' was ever used in the original trilogy.

Vader was always refered to as the 'evil lord'.

Also the original trilogy didn't make it clear that 'Darth' was a sith title, it just seemed that 'Darth' was Vaders first name. Now the new trilogy has Darth Sidious, Maul, Tyrannus to clear this up.

Did this mean that Lucas made these things up after the original trilogy was made?

The word "Sith" already existed in the first draft of the original Star Wars. They were a rival warrior sect and hunted down the Jedi.

Vader is called Dark Lord of the Sith in the final draft, it's just that nobody says these words, they were used to describe him.

Here is the passage:

INTERIOR: REBEL BLOCKADE RUNNER -- MAIN HALLWAY.

The awesome, seven-foot-tall Dark Lord of the Sith makes his

way into the blinding light of the main passageway. This is

Darth Vader, right hand of the Emperor. His face is obscured

by his flowing black robes and grotesque breath mask, which...

Vader is called Dark Lord of the Sith in the final draft, it's just that nobody says these words, they were used to describe him.

:unsure:

So essentially nbody is calling him or the emperor Sith lords.

Whereas in EP 1 & 2, eveyone in the Jedi council seems to suspect the Sith and not the users of the Dark side or dark Jedi,

In the Ep. IV, the only time it's referred to is with the line "Your Sith powers don't frighten me, Lord Vader" or some such, right near the beginning.

So far as I know, it's the only time in Eps. IV-VI that the word "Sith" is ever used. *shrug*

I think the name of the game was purposely chosen as a marketing strategy in order to evoke name association with Ep. III, but that's just me.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

its like the word ninja, you never started hearing it until they started killing people in the U.S. mostly investment bankers dealing in the pacific rim.

You never heard about the sith until they started killig jedi

rim :)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't have my copy on hand right at the moment, but I believe that both Sith and Palpatine are mentioned in Lucas's original novelization of Star Wars. Palpatine is named in the prologue which, very briefly describes the rise of the Empire (AND Palpatine is described as a puppet ruler) and Sith is used when Lucas intoduces Vader, and describes him as a Dark Lord of the Sith.

EDIT: Found my copy- From page one. "...the ambitious Senator Palpatine caused himself to be elected president of the Republic..."

Page 8- "...a Dark Lord of the Sith was an awesome, threatening shape..."

sith is beign used much more, especially in KOTOR BECASUE THAT IS THE TIME WHEN TEHY WERE MSOT ACTIVE!

We didnt here about them in the old movies becasue they were nto abundant, So when the Sith appeared and took a large role in TH phantom menace, some poeple were liek "whats is this why are all these sith poppin up?" Cause up untill then the Sith were believed to have died off.

In the Kotor Game teh sith are of main importance becasue of the time period.

ya who ever posted this thread didn't think much about it

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

come on now think about it. ummmm revenge of the sith and the sith lords arent using the word sith to much. ROTS is telling about the story. about the sith finally getting their revenge and taking back their former power. TSL the sith are being ruled by MULTIPLE SITH LORDS. and in the ancient kotor time the sith were very abundant compared to the OT. next time try to think b4 u post

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Well it seems to me that LA used the word Sith of this tittle simply to prepare the funs for Ep3 and vice versa! Nothing more nothing less.

And I believe both episode 3 and KOTOR 2 could have better and more interesting titles, they kinda tell the obvious!! Tittles need to be a little more enigmatic in my opinion.