What made KOTOR so good....

First of all I would like to say hallo to everyone in this forum as this is my first post here.

Undoubtely kotor was one of the best games I've seen in the recent years. But what was the reason(s) fot that is a bit unclear?

Graphics?? surely many games have better graphics than kotor, but the ones in the game weren't bad.

Gameplay?? Surely having a lightsaber and force powers added to the game but again it wasn't anything special.

Script?? Surely it was good, but not that good or someting unsual.

having said that I believe it had all the elemts the movies had. To explain my statement.

The movies seem to lie on the same path, surely they are good at many aspects but hardly they are better than most other movies. I would say as individual movies they are average and leaning torwards good.

But what makes them so special is that you can identify yourself easy wiith at least one of the characters.

So in the end I think that Kotor was good because of that character interaction with the user!

I''m waiting your opinions on this matter.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Great graphics that easily beats any other game

Great characteristic music composed by Jeremy Soule

Very well developed NPCs that really added giant depth to the entire story.

Epic setting (golden age of republic, time distance of 4000 years etc)

Exotic new worlds like Rakatan, Taris, Manaan that are stunningly real

Excellent interaction with environment.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Great graphics that easily beats any other game

Great characteristic music composed by Jeremy Soule

Very well developed NPCs that really added giant depth to the entire story.

Epic setting (golden age of republic, time distance of 4000 years etc)

Exotic new worlds like Rakatan, Taris, Manaan that are stunningly real

Excellent interaction with environment.

Nuf said

Despite KotOR weaknesses it had a good story to it and graphically appeasing. Its cinematic style in its presentation made it stand out. Also a drought of good CRPGs helped its sales as well.

I wouldn't call KotOR one of the ebst games I played, for there are quite a number of improvements needed to be made, nor would I call it a game worth the money I paid for it, but it has a place in my collection of games that I regularly play.

What I meant was the feeling you get from the game is better than the game itself :unsure:

Makes your fantasy travel in a galaxy far, far away and there are very few games that can do that the way Kotor did. Nobody has played JK that long.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

JK is different kind of a game so you couldn't really compare them, but considering RPG I have played NWN more times if I can be honest.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Hades one is such a juvenile ass

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

For me it was the great story, excellent voice acting and characters, and epic music.

The cutscene graphics were good, better than most out there but the cutscene graphics I've seen for the Prince Of Persia 2 trailer are better. But I'm not worried, I'm sure TSL would top that :unsure: