RPG's difficulty

I for one hope that TSL will offer an adequate amount of difficulty. But how do you make an RPG harder? Just give a boss more Hit Points? How do you make a fight hard without it being cheap? I'm sure obsidian will do a good job in this regard. Like I like the idea of that little droid that heals the other droids but if you destroy that one it blows up and wounds your party.

but whatever it is, make the increased difficulty optional. I play RPGs for the story, not to get stuck in pointless fighting

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

but whatever it is, make the increased difficulty optional. I play RPGs for the story, not to get stuck in pointless fighting

Agreed. In most RPGs i played before KOTOR, there was always a few areas that were absoltuely impossible to beat, so i either forgot about the game, or used a cheat for it.

I would like KOTOR to be a little more difficult, but not by much. Far as i know, they hav based the force heal power on something (i think it is heal ability using medpacks) so the heal force power becomes slighty more limited.

For me, I would like more ways to solve a situation then blowing it up or hacking the problem till it's dead (even though I enjoy this tremendously). So more puzzle elements and more non-violent solutions.

I also think if there were more consequences for your actions, then you would be playing the game a bit more thoughtfully. For instance, in Kotor 1, you were responsible for the wookie homeworld either being enslaved or freed. So, if you helped enslaved the homeworld, then LS characters would not help you or aid you. If you helped free the homeworld then DS characters would not approach you like the Exchange representatives who sold you premium weapons.

I know the game is D20 based, but I think the D6 Star Wars RPG did a great job with the wounded/incapacitated/mortally wounded status. If the game had something similar to that, where you're penalized for being wounded it would increase the difficulty, and make it more realistic. It would make it much more important to use stealth, and strategy, as opposed to brute force in a battle. I know that this will never be implemented, since it would mean that characters die during the game without any relation to where you are in the story, and the programming for that (and its resulting effects) would be time consuming. Most people probably wouldn't like having to make a new character every time they die in a computer game. I also agree that more strategic battles (like with the healing/exploding droid) are good enough to increase the difficulty without drastically altering the game mechanics.