Sentinal

I played through KOTOR like 8 times and not one of those times did I ever try to be a Sentinal. But I think in TSL the Sentinal will be a valid choice. One of the programmers said the the Sentinal gets the most skill points by far in TSL. Now in KOTOR that might not have been a big a deal but it sounds like it will be important in TSL. An example of this would be the repair skill being able to make better lightsabers and etc. Also a programmer said there will be more things that only the PC can do (like improving HK in KOTOR) in TSL. So I just might have to think about being a Sentinal now in one of my many play throughs.

I intend to give each one a go as well, especially the prestige classes. ;)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Yeah but I'm saying in TSL Sentinal has a chance to be the best class.

That's why i'm gonna try them all again. ;)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Sentinals always did have more skill points, but in KotOR skills where next to useless, and if you wanted them anyway you could start out as a scout or scoundrel.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I respect the Sentinel class...But i prefer being Guardian than Consular and Sentinel...Though i have played through KOTOR with all three classes a great many times...Guardian i played the most...Computer Use skill was useless in KOTOR along with other skills...The only skill i found useful was the awareness and treat injury...Repair was ok but even with HK built to his max he still kinda sucked lol...well to me he did atleast...When i do play as a Sentinel i play like my PC is a Consular...Except with high skill point..slightly less Force Points...

I agree with DarthRevan987 .. The Jedis of your group was the only choice .. wich they will luckily balance out in the new game .. I played as a Sentinel first, then Consular and last Guardin .. and G was by far the most powerfull IMO .. I hope they balance things out, so you wont be able to hack computers if you don't have skills for example .. and not making it a matter of how many spikes you have ..

that way replay value will really shine through .. and so will the different classes if you want to use different skills!

But if they don't thats okay as well, it doesn't bother me! its just a matter of how fun it is to play the game alot of times .. :)

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

I think Sentinal gets the most of both. However it might be better to raise Int to 14 to get an extra SP per level (+4 as 1st).

However that would depend on wether the skills you want to try are class skills. I will try and remember what they where for KotOR, but my memory may be faulty and some may change anyway.

Awereness all

Demolitions none

Computer C

Repair none

Treat Injury C, G

Pursuade all

Security none

Stealth S

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Id prefer if there were no classes at all.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

What is a class skill?

yeah I second that, I always thought skill points and class skills were the same thing. If someone can explain the differences please.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

If they fix the Sen so it ends up getting more feats then an Con,less then a Guardian and more Force powers then a Guardian but less then a Con they may end up the best class.

If they don't then where they'll be better they still might come in last out of the 3 starting classes.

As for class points...I might be wrong but I believe that means it has access to more skills that only cost one SP. In knights based on your class certain skills cost two skill points,others one. So I think what is being said is that the Sen will get a lot more skill choices at a cheaper cost then other classes.

If they fix the Sen so it ends up getting more feats then an Con,less then a Guardian and more Force powers then a Guardian but less then a Con they may end up the best class.

If they don't then where they'll be better they still might come in last out of the 3 starting classes.

As for class points...I might be wrong but I believe that means it has access to more skills that only cost one SP. In knights based on your class certain skills cost two skill points,others one. So I think what is being said is that the Sen will get a lot more skill choices at a cheaper cost then other classes.

Thanks for the info

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

No prop.

:p Now I just hope I was right on that.

Makes sense though for the Sen to have more choices if skill points are suppose to be their stong point. Was one of the things that needs to be fixed in the class. Seems that it was,hope the other two major problems were fixed as well. I love a "middle of the road" character. But the Sens never worked well despite the fact that is what they were suppose to be.

I could make a very nice middle road character by going Sol/Con. My last play through I went Scout/Guard and I actually really liked that set up as well.

I could care less about Sentinal being any good, I was going to play at least once or six times. Consular all the way baby.

I agree, its better to use the force to preserve peace (thank you force persuade) and if you absolutely have to fight, you use your amazingly powerful force powers. This is much better than striking them down with a lightsaber. I dont need to worry to much about using the saber since i ususally concentrate all my feats in the repair and security area when im a scout (e.g. Gearhead, Dodge etc. ) then when i become a jedi, i quickly get the force powers. When im around level 17, i get all the lightsaber feats. This way, i can dish damage with force powers and strike them down with +2 damage (weapon specialization for lightsaber).

I only every played through once as a sen and I found it to be a very weak character, by that I mean poor force points and next best thing to useless with a saber. I usally played through as a sol/con gave the best of both worlds.

AscendedPaladin.png

I have played as a Sentiel every time except my first time I was a Guardian then.

you are missing out!! go back and get in on a little scout-consular action. max out wisdom. about half way through the game you'll understand what i'm talkin' about.

But as far as the best class? they are all great. one of the best things about games like NOTOR is that you can play all the way through half a dozen times and still not get bored. although i will agree in saying that being a sentinel in TSL might make the game easier than the other classes.. that has some validity.

Depending on exactly what the different skills will allow you to do and how much you're allowed to use other characters and their skills,there might be certain items or quests that you can't as early or at all unless you are a Sen and have enough points in certain skills.

I just started a game with a sentinal, he uses two sabers which is the first time i have doen that, but to be honest the down side is sure, sentinals get more skill points , but skill points are pretty damn boring if you ask me, why should i have high skill points when i can jsut have mission pick locks FOR me.

You would think a sentinal would be the best class considering it stikes a balance between guardian and consular, like a Yoda, but it really doesn't. You have low feat progression, and you should haver a higher force power progression than a guardian, but its all kinda pointless.

I prefer a guardian myself over sentinal anyday, but its gonna be even better with the new sub classes.