New Developers?

Darkwaters

I had overheard that Obsidian was hiring but since I'm not a developer myself I didn't pay much attention.

Did Obsidian just hire several more staff members?

The reason I asked is because I noticed that at least 3 new developers registered for the forums today....are they new hires or simply guys that finally decided to participate in the forums....all on the same day?

Well, I must admit...I AM a new hire. As for the others...I'll let them speak for themselves. :)

Welcome to the dark side! *bows* :p

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Yipiee... Virgins!

Now where did I put that sacrificial dagger...? :blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome guys.  I think somebody got it right...my new job is 3D graphics programming.  It's a blast...I love it...and oh yeah, I am working on Project Penn.  :)

Hereby officially confirmed, Penn involves 3D gfx. Thanks for the info :p

Any more details you can share with us ? :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hush you :p quit trying to pressure him :p

Ok, ok, I'll be nice!... :)

(are you still here?)

Guest Jason Keeney
Can we have nice 3D crates?

I dunno... that sounds like an awful lot of work. And besides, I think the graphics hardware we'd need for that is still at least a generation away.

Can we have nice 3D crates?

I dunno... that sounds like an awful lot of work. And besides, I think the graphics hardware we'd need for that is still at least a generation away.

Crushing our dreams is no way to make freinds. :huh:

Now, now, we gotta be realistic about things as they are now, right? ;). Besides, better crushing them than create false hopes IMO :)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Now now, I am sure the excellent artists of Obsidian can make 2D crates almost as pretty as 3D ones. Don't give up! Don't step into the light!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Crushing our dreams is no way to make freinds. :(

Now now, I am sure the excellent artists of Obsidian can make 2D crates almost as pretty as 3D ones. Don't give up! Don't step into the light!!

You think crates should only be rendered in isometric perspective ?

Think about the possibilities of 3D rendered crates. The game universe seen from a first-person crate perspective played out in real-time! :rolleyes: