October XBN.. if avoiding spoilers avoid this

Taken directly from the October issue of XBN magazine.

Mind Your Maker

One thing is for certain: your hero is not Revan, protagonist from the first Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic, and so much be created from scratch. The character-creation screens for Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II - The Sith Lords will be instantly recognizable

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

For some reason I feel that they're trying to kill off HK. Which is something you don't want to do when making sequels, as has been proved with movies.

I think it's smart. Obsidian is trying to make their own game. What better way than to have a shocking fate for one of the main NPCs of the first game (and probably the most well-known by the casual fan) It allows Obsidian to say "This is our game and not Bioware's) and it sets the stage for some uneasiness regarding the fate of other NPCs from the first game. We'd be wondering: Are they gonna kill Bastila? Or Canderous? Or Carth? (Please?)

Makes for some compelling storytelling, IMO.

You must be able to choose if Bastila died in the first game. So it depends on PC choice if Bastila appears in the second.

But if they r truly trying to kill off HK, what would happen to Revan, or has happened, or to any of the other old crew for that matter.

Really makes u think.

I wouldn't assume that, I'm sure they have a pretty good reason for him to be there, maybe to kill Sion.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

assasin function and all

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Kotorfanatic theres something I've been meaning to say for awhile.

For some reason I feel that they're trying to kill off HK. Which is something you don't want to do when making sequels, as has been proved with movies.

you

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

I think it's smart. Obsidian is trying to make their own game. What better way than to have a shocking fate for one of the main NPCs of the first game (and probably the most well-known by the casual fan) It allows Obsidian to say "This is our game and not Bioware's) and it sets the stage for some uneasiness regarding the fate of other NPCs from the first game. We'd be wondering: Are they gonna kill Bastila? Or Canderous? Or Carth? (Please?)

I have found that with killing main characters off early, is basis for bad writing. I've seen many movies that have done this, and all have failed. You don't kill a well known character early, later or near the end, fine, but not early. Not to mention that to kill off a character just so that you can prove that your making your own game, is bad writing from the start.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

I have found that with killing main characters off early, is basis for bad writing. I've seen many movies that have done this, and all have failed. You don't kill a well known character early, later or near the end, fine, but not early. Not to mention that to kill off a character just so that you can prove that your making your own game, is bad writing from the start.

Not to mention that when they get killed at the start, I keep thinking they are going to return in some plot twist in some cases, and if I like the character I'm dissappointed if they don't.

umm I was wondering how did you guys get on the point that something was going to HK? I mean in my first post it never said anything about something happening to HK other than him causing trouble for the Peragus mining facility.

AscendedPaladin.png

I belive you are refering to the side notes made by the author of the article I didn't include them since I had already quoted them in privious posts but I will since you mentioned them

Kreia: Jedi of vision?

The clues are there when players meet the elderly Jedi Kreia in the morgue on the mining planet of Peragus in KOTOR:TSL's opening moments, she's wearing a hood that covers he eyes. breif peeks at her orbs seem to indicate, well, there's something wrong: they seem to be fogged over, although it may have been some slight graphical glitch. Most importantly, she seems to use the force to see, peering into areas blocked from normal sight.

is Kreia blind? Perhaps. LucasArts isn't telling, and there is definitive evidence either proving or disproving the theory on the whole of the Lord's first planets.

Rise of the robots

Needless to say, both utility droid T3-M4 and protocol droid HK-47, non-player characters from the original game return in a spectactular way in KOTOR:TSL. This time, however, developer Obsidian is putting special emphasis on the droids, ensuring they'll have plenty of time in the spotlight

Players will have to control T3-M4 for extended periods on Peragus, unlocking many areas inaccessible to the main character. As for the meatbag-loathing HK-47 - his role on Peragus and the megaton-bomb-like impact it has are something player will be talking about for years to come.

AscendedPaladin.png

umm I was wondering how did you guys get on the point that something was going to HK? I mean in my first post it never said anything about something happening to HK other than him causing trouble for the Peragus mining facility.

It's just a feeling on how the article is written. For odd Reason HK comes off as a bad guy( he is anyway) for this first part, meaning he either attacks you or something else. Perhaps he does something heroic so that the party can escape.

Either, if he does die, it's bad to kill a popular character like HK. So I hope I'm wrong.

KOTOR 2 must be completed