Please make Dark Side more enjoyable

I don't know if this has been addressed before, so forgive my ramblings. :)

I just finished playing DS in KOTOR, and I found most of the DS dialog and quests...disappointing. Everywhere I felt either like a shameless thug shaking everyone down for credits or a psycho murderer.

However, starting from the temple DS became more interesting, and I really enjoyed it. Choosing the DS path on the temple and joining with Bastila, and afterwards seeing Bastila deceiving Admiral Dodonna....it felt great! It was something I haven't felt ever since playing BG2 and PS:T

So if I were to request only one thing out of this sequel. It would be this:

1. Let the PC be able to lead someone to the dark side!!

I mean this is the whole point of playing Dark Side! Nothing is as nefariously statisfying as corrupting someone else and fueling their anger and hatred, and finally making using them to further your own goals.

Everywhere in the SW movies and novels used temptation to turn others to the dark side. Even in KOTOR there are some occassions where NPCs encourage my evil behavior, something like: "Yes, give in to your anger and hatred!" I just wish I could do that to others.

I really hope the devs can incorporate something like this in dialogs or quests. For example: my DS character is able corrupt a party member or NPC, and then turn him/her into my apprentice or something. It's all in the dialog and alignment change. It's not hard to implement.

What do you guys think??

BTW, a minor observation:

Someone started a thread ago saying that the "one Master one Apprentice" approach of the DS was wrong. No it's not! It makes perfect sense. Corruption and temptation are the greatest weapon of the Sith, and that alone ensures their continued survival, with the Jedi Order unconsciously giving an endless supply of potential candidates.

And it only takes a master and an apprentice to bring the entire galaxy to its knees. So why bother with more?

BioWare was never really great at writing evil into their games that can be played from the perspective of the PC. hopefully Obsidian will do a better job of this.

However, Obsidian have confirmed before that the PC going to the dark side may affect some of the people in your party and push them towards the dark side as well.

I would also like more [Persuade/Lie] options for the evil character, like when you lied to your Jedi instructors on Dantooine about obeying their orders, but on a MUCH grander scale.

For example, the PC could be able to lie to good-aligned party members or NPCs and trick them to do something nasty and evil. Turn party members against each other, make them kill innocent civilians, etc.

The only purpose for good characters is to do the dirty work for the evil ones, right? B)

If you have more ideas please post them here.

For example, the PC could be able to lie to good-aligned party members or NPCs and trick them to do something nasty and evil. Turn party members against each other

Hmm, you mean something like telling Anomen or whatever his name is in BG: Shadows of Amn to take revenge rather than leave it to the law?

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Remember the sith academy? As sith your only choices were to kill and play dirty games. I expected (i'm Revan at least) to take control over the Academy! Or maybe even lead an army agains the Republic? Thats the main problem with Bioware - they dont give you much of a choice.

Let us do some really really nasty things that would make most people literally cringe away from being evil. For example in Torment you can sell Dak'kon or Morte or most of your party members into slavery. You can then kill them. You can also force Dak'kon to stab and kill a Gith woman in the most painful of method. At the end game you could have told Deionarra that you never loved her - which if you played the game would have sent the house of deceit you had constructed for her crashing down.Thats evil. KOTOR evil is just "YOU GIMMIE SOME MORE CREDITS OR I'LL SLICE YOUR HEAD OFF". Barbie doll stuff in comparison. True evil takes courage and an iron stomach that most people will back away from.

In Fallout 2 I made a character that just went around from town to town killing children by melting them to goo with my blaster. Now that was fun, I had Bounty Hunters come after me I wasted them too. Those stuipid brats in the Den of Evil tried to pickpocket me and it was "BAM". Even better with Bloody Mess.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Fallout 2 (I think, never got too familiar with the Fallout games :ph34r: ) also allowed you to sell your party members into slavery or to become a slaver yourself and thus attack innocent villages and enslave the people here...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Fallout 2 (I think, never got too familiar with the Fallout games :ph34r: ) also allowed you to sell your party members into slavery or to become a slaver yourself and thus attack innocent villages and enslave the people here...

Well you could get married and then sell that broad into slavery for a few bucks. But thats no where near as cruel as selling Dak'kon in the Clerk's Ward.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Well you could get married and then sell that broad into slavery for a few bucks. But thats no where near as cruel as selling Dak'kon in the Clerk's Ward.

Dunno aobut that since I've not played torment :unsure:.

But in any case I think we need soemthing better for the Dark Side rather than just simple money-stealing...

How about this?:

We already know that Darth Sion is a wreck held together only by the Dark Side? I'm sure that as a light sider, you can choose to end his torment after defeating him, but what if you're a dark sider? I have a sugggestion: You use your power to imprison him or his soul somewhere, thereby extending his torment for a very. very long time. How's that?

Dunno aobut that since I've not played torment :unsure:.

But in any case I think we need soemthing better for the Dark Side rather than just simple money-stealing...

How about this?:

We already know that Darth Sion is a wreck held together only by the Dark Side? I'm sure that as a light sider, you can choose to end his torment after defeating him, but what if you're a dark sider? I have a sugggestion: You use your power to imprison him or his soul somewhere, thereby extending his torment for a very. very long time. How's that?

:lol: But if you imprison his soul, he be'll out of his wretched body, so in a way, you'll be decreasing his suffering. :lol: And holding is soul in a stasis is like the ending of KotOR and the spirits of those Jedi.

:lol: But if you imprison his soul, he be'll out of his wretched body, so in a way, you'll be decreasing his suffering. :unsure: And holding is soul in a stasis is like the ending of KotOR and the spirits of those Jedi.

Hmm, good point :/. Then we'll imprison him in his body, simple as that :D. Do something like.. ever read Rayomd E Feists "Jimmy the Hand"? If so, we could do somethign similar to what the Dark Mage there did to the Lady Elaine there - she died in childbirth, but the dark mage managed to use his magic to extend her death by twenty years sot haqt her husband could seek for a way to save her life before she died.

We could do something similar to Sion; First *evil mode* we cut of his arms and legs, then nail him to a wall or somethign like that, then we use the power of the Dark side to ensure that it'll take him some 50 years or so to die, hehe evilgrin.gif */evil mode*

Or you could imprison him in something like the rataken was in kotor (you know the one who made you answer riddles in order to escape the prison). That way he would loose him/herself over the millenia. :unsure:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Picking up bar girls with your force powers would be cool.

Err, cool yes, in a way, but what's evil about that :huh:? Okay, from a certain point of view it could be evil, but still... :rolleyes:

The dark side is not meant to be enjoyable

Then why do we play, after all?

Certain "individuals" find torture and purposeles killing enjoiable, so i'm not surprised they want more. SOME people who play dark side are, maybe, just not very well with theyr minds... :(

the DS is the more enjoyable way to play only because it's not meant to be taken seriously. Unlike LS, where following a pretensious mock-philosophy you're meant to feel for the sufferings of computer-game graphics, the DS only asks you to be a spoilt brat, and that's it. Don't tell me you had to 'feel' something for the woman with the Wraid plate!!!

Zwangvolle Plage!

M