CGI movies

After watching Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within, I thought that maybe Lucasarts could make an expansion of the Kotor universe through a cgi miniseries or movies. That way, our favourite characters could come back with the original voices.

The story could take place as a betweener of Kotor 1 and TSL or after, and either deal with the established characters or introduce a new set of characters.

After watching Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within, I thought that maybe Lucasarts could make an expansion of the Kotor universe through a cgi miniseries or movies. That way,  our favourite characters could come back with the original voices.

The story could take place as a betweener of Kotor 1 and TSL or after, and either deal with the established characters or  introduce a new set of characters.

Wasn't the FF movie considered a monumental flop though?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

After watching Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within, I thought that maybe Lucasarts could make an expansion of the Kotor universe through a cgi miniseries or movies. That way,  our favourite characters could come back with the original voices.

The story could take place as a betweener of Kotor 1 and TSL or after, and either deal with the established characters or  introduce a new set of characters.

Wasn't the FF movie considered a monumental flop though?

It was a flop because it had nothing to do with Final Fantasy...that and the plot was thin...very...very thin. Great visuals though...and I liked the voice actors.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I am not so critical of mr Lucas. A CGI movie for KOTOR would be incredible, but not in between KOTOR and TSL. It should be based on the games themselves.

(This is copied and pasted from a previous post)

Well, i hav an idea for a Revan/KOTOR/KOTOR2 movie.

Unfortunately, my idea prevents a release at the cinema, and will only work on dvd, but here me out.

Instead of an official face/storyline, it is done just like the game. You choose the face, gender etc.

You do not choose the dialogue, and what happens in the story up to the point on top of the Rakatan temple.(unfortunate, but neccesary) but you do choose whether your character becomes lightside and darkside on top of that temple.

Doubt a KOTOR movie will ever be done, but if one is done, this might help them out.

Exactly and CGI movies need to get alot better before anything like that gets done. I just don't think that anytime soon there will be any movies @ the KOTOR timeline.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

or i agree with you

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Forgive me, but I'm old school and I believe that movies should have a certain way of telling things and not letting the viewer decide. If the viewer watns to do so, then effectively he is making the movie into a videogame.

It's like listening to a classic song and given the opportunity to change it :blink:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Forgive me, but I'm old school and I believe that movies should have a certain way of telling things and not letting the viewer decide. If the viewer watns to do so, then effectively he is making the movie into a videogame.

It's like listening to a classic song and given the opportunity to change it

Dont worry, I forgive u.

I just see my idea possibly coming to pass one day (like i say, it problably wont, but it problably might) since things in our small pathectic world are slowly becoming more and more interactive. Whos to say it wont happen to cinema one day.

ya but I really doubt that they would put out something that would only go to dvd and forgo box office profits

ya but I really doubt that they would put out something that would only go to dvd and forgo box office profits

True so if we ever do see a KOTOR movie it will be when cinemas and movies become interactive, or when LA decides to decide everything itself about the main character(Revan gender/face etc).

So a KOTOR movie seems to be very unlikely