1. 1. What do you like in KOTOR?

• Story
    • Battles
    • Characters
    • Planets
    • Graphic & Sound ????
    • I like it 'cause it's STAR WARS
    • I like EVERYTHING!!!!!!
    • Something else or more than one but not all? Add reply.

Story, of course. What else? ;D. Characters were good, but IMO not what they could have been (at least not all of them). Planets were cool, but it wasn't such an important thing to me since I didn't have any special wishes about what planet to visit before I picked up the game. Battles? Hmm, pretty cool, I have to say :) . It felt like watching a movie at times, that's how good they was :). Graphics and sound? Also pretty good :). Still, good as the others may be, the story was best :)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Story, of course. What else? ;D. Characters were good, but IMO not what they could have been (at least not all of them). Planets were cool, but it wasn't such an important thing to me since I didn't have any special wishes about what planet to visit before I picked up the game. Battles? Hmm, pretty cool, I have to say :unsure: . It felt like watching a movie at times, that's how good they was :). Graphics and sound? Also pretty good :). Still, good as the others may be, the story was best :)

eh....the story was sort of stupid, like one of those cheesy Tremors remakes on sci-fi...

eh....the story was sort of stupid, like one of those cheesy Tremors remakes on sci-fi...

Different opinions, my dear Watson :unsure:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I agree on the story being 'sort of stupid', and consequently the central quest appearing to be completely linear, dry, and flat. If it weren't for the diversity of side quests (i.e., the 'diversions'), the 'Star Forge' idea would have become a huge fiasco. Not to mention that the plot twist is at the verge of being downright banal.

Yet at the same time the game captured the SW feel very well, which is I guess why everyone fell in love with it; given the 'proper SW feel' an intelligent story *almost* becomes irrelevant!

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Story. I avoided spoilers before playing the game the first time. I didn't know the PC was Revan. Finding out playing the game was pretty cool. The devs have been saying that there won't be any head games in the new game. I'm hoping that doesn't mean that the game will be 100% free of plot twists.

I must have really low standards compared to most people on here. Because I actually loved KOTOR. It was the first game in a LONG time that I've actually played through more than one time.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

this reverse psychology stuff works great.

hmm...lemme try something.

that avellone guy shouldn't send me a free copy of TSL. :ph34r:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There wasn't much I didn't like about KOTOR. About the only thing was that you couldn't skip some of the movie cut sceens, and thats been fixed in the second one so it's all good. :)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I moslty liked the story, characters, sounds and music were good. The battles kinda sucked i know they tried to make more cinematic game, still you don't do much in battle just click to attack the enemy and watch thats it and there were not enough close combat battle animations in my opinion.

It wasn't the story itself that made KotOR good IMO, it was more of how it was told and presented. Other things that i liked about KotOR:

1) Nice combat system.

2) Great dialogue, in terms of Star Wars ofcourse.

3) Splendid voiceacting.

4) Believable character(mostly!).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy