Preview @ teamxbox

"The story in this game will be better than the first one"

- Chris Avellone

Whoa, that was bold statement.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That was never said. I did a search on both sites, hammered my eyes on every inch of the page...

No where is chris even QUOTED on that, and if he were I'd doubt the validity of that individual quote.

However, at the end of the X-box article it states this sequel stands a chance of having a better story in the original. I would certainly agree, no offense to those at Bioware...

- Chris Avellone

No kidding. Whilst I have a lot of faith in Obsidian I just don't think that is possible. Its like making the Matrix sequels...everyone is expecting something like that now...so the magic isn't quite as potent.

- Chris Avellone

Where did I say that?

I thought the first game's story was awesome, and I don't recall ever saying what you've quoted above.

I *know* I've said (1) it's a tough act to follow and (2) it was so good that I felt royally "screwed" when trying to think of a story for the sequel.

The story'll be different, that's about all I'll say.

With the expertise of Obsidian Entertainment

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The story was decent, but the execution a little lackluster. They have good ideas for NPCs, and didn't find a good way to develop a flow of dialogue.

Every time you get X experience, a NPC would stop you, and start blabbing about their past, and then tell you they didn't want to talk about something, when they started the conversation.

The events, and characters were fine. The storytelling itself could be greatly improved upon. I have high expectations for KOTOR:2 from your past games, and I do expect the story to be better in KOTOR:TSL.

The story was decent, but the execution a little lackluster. They have good ideas for NPCs, and didn't find a good way to develop a flow of dialogue.

Every time you get X experience, a NPC would stop you, and start blabbing about their past, and then tell you they didn't want to talk about something, when they started the conversation.

The events, and characters were fine. The storytelling itself could be greatly improved upon. I have high expectations for KOTOR:2 from your past games, and I do expect the story to be better in KOTOR:TSL.

:unsure: Although it sounds like there's a good chance you've caught Hades_Ones' disease, that is sadly true. :p :ph34r:

Macewindup, there is nothing wrong keeping a critical view on computer games. If the designers/developers do something stupid, you point it out to them. CONSTANTLY til they prove they can improve.

THat is one of the annoying aspects in KotOR. THEY BLOODY BROUGHT UP THE SUBJECT AND NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME TO SHUT UP?!?!? That is just plain bad writing.

Macewindup, there is nothing wrong keeping a critical view on computer games. If the designers/developers do something stupid, you point it out to them. CONSTANTLY til they prove they can improve.

THat is one of the annoying aspects in KotOR. THEY BLOODY BROUGHT UP THE SUBJECT AND NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME TO SHUT UP?!?!? That is just plain bad writing.

An ignore-function, an ignore-function, my Kingdom for an ignore-function.

:o I'm sorry Hades. :p I didn't realize how ignorant I was being by reffering to you as some kind of negative, grumpy old man who is mad because he can never relive his past in the grand old age of pac man and pong, so he instead spends his time around younger people, trying to reflect on who he could have been... :p:unsure: :ph34r: Am I making any sense? Well the point is I now respect you as a wise and intelligent member of this community, dedicated to making KotOR 2 the best game it can be. :o

*BOWS*

BWAAHAAAHAAAAAAA!

*smacks the kid on the back of the head*

Sarcasm will get you nowhere. :)

:o I'm sorry Hades. :o I didn't realize how ignorant I was being by reffering to you as some kind of negative, grumpy old man who is mad because he can never relive his past in the grand old age of pac man and pong, so he instead spends his time around younger people, trying to reflect on who he could have been...