Breast implants for Army recruits

Executor

On a more serious note, though, it's a fantastic perq to have. Plastic surgery is so expensive, and sometimes a person needs it, but doesn't quite need it enough for insurance or health plans to pay for it.

I wonder though if the army surgeons are committed to doing a good, skillful job or if it's more utlitarian and they don't care about scarring and aesthetics as long as the process is done.

newlogo.gif

It could also be, that they were running out of "volunteers" for new surgeons to practise their skills on... :p

Perhaps we should suggest this perk to Bethesda ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I would think that large breasts would get in the way of trying to run, crawl, and shoot.

LMAO! Ya.. lol

But seriously.. Using tax dollars for plastic surgery? That is completely ridiculous and an outrage...

I'm totally agianst altering something natural and find a women with breast implants not close to as sexy as B4hand... Not to mention I don't want to pay for it!

Yet another thing for people to get sucked into the military by... I wonder how someone who joined the military for breast implants feels when they are dying from a shot to the chest...

Ambrosia3.gif

I would think that large breasts would get in the way of trying to run, crawl, and shoot.

LMAO! Ya.. lol

But seriously.. Using tax dollars for plastic surgery? That is completely ridiculous and an outrage...

I'm totally agianst altering something natural and find a women with breast implants not close to as sexy as B4hand... Not to mention I don't want to pay for it!

Yet another thing for people to get sucked into the military by... I wonder how someone who joined the military for breast implants feels when they are dying from a shot to the chest...

I see it as more of they're actually getting a use out of the tax dollars they were already spending. By giving the doctors something to do (they're already being paid anyway) it's not all going to waste, although I do think they may be able to find a better use for their skills.

You have to look at in another way as well, Cosmo. Yes, plastic surgery is often used by the vain just trying to look better, but a lot of people use it for corrective procedures or procedures to make life a bit easier. Breast reduction for example. Health insurance usually will only cover that if the woman's condition is extreme, but even just large breasts cause major back and shoulder problems. Reduction can alleviate that, make it easier for the woman to walk and breathe, but costs a fortune. That's just one example.

Having it as a military perq is pretty great. I'm all for it, actually. It's an excellent idea.

newlogo.gif

Theres also stuff like disfiguring injuries to soldiers, in which free plastic surgery would be welcome.

But come on, I'm sure every soldier who sees this is thinking "Yes, bigger jugs for my wife/girlfriend! Oh yeah!" ;)

The other aspect of this new perq is certainly a drive to get people to join the army. The military seems to be a bit short these days, so free plastic surgery is certainly a nice incentive (ie bribe) to get new recruits.

newlogo.gif

Well, to throw some reason into this, plastic surgery is needed in the military, these are the guys who make you look human if your face is shot off.

They get paid the same if they are working or not, so the cost of allowing them to perform elective pastic surgery is small.

The US needs to allow them to practice civilian skills in order to keep doctors interested in military service.

It's basically a win/win for everyone.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

If you support this idea because you like big breasts, just come out and say it, don't make lame excuses up to try to make it look reasonable.

All "perks" aside, the idea is pretty ludicrous. Breast enhancement is a cosmetic surgery. It serves no logical purpose other than to boost someone's self-esteem.

The military isn't about that. It's supposed to be about breaking people down and building them back up to be an efficient soldier. Plastic surgery doesn't fit into that equation.

If people want plastic surgery, that's fine. I personally don't see the logic behind it, but it's their choice. They'll just have to come up with the money themselves, because using my tax dollar to fund this sort of thing is just ridiculous. What next? Plastic surgery for postal workers?

Yes its needed if your face is shot off. But not if you want larger breasts IMO..

Hell whats next **** implants?? lol.

I still don't think offering plastic surgery freely on taxpayers dollars is a good thing. In some circumstances surely. Like helping an injury, or making yourself a more efficient killing machine, because thats what the military is. But not how I imagine many will use it.. Just my opinion.

Ambrosia3.gif

Like helping an injury, or making yourself a more efficient killing machine, because thats what the military is.

LOL, the military is more than that. Perks make better workers, and this perk is cheap. Like I said it is a win/win, it costs virtually nothing to offer this service to military personel, so the only people against it are against it simply because of their prejudice and bias.

Why Bio Why?

LOL my 'prejudice and bias' I guess makes me think that my tax dollars should not be spent on breast implants... whatever you say buddy...

It costs virtually nothing tho? Please explain. Last I heard plastic surgery is pretty expensive.

And people may use the military for different reasons. But the fact is, it is a war machine. For killing people/things whatever the reason. Perks make better workers yes. But fighting for your country should not be a bribery issue IMO. Bribes are ussually incentive to do something immoral. Preying off peoples insecurities to get them to fight and maybe die is not moral IMO.

Ambrosia3.gif

LOL my 'prejudice and bias' I guess makes me think that my tax dollars should not be spent on breast implants... whatever you say buddy...

It costs virtually nothing tho? Please explain. Last I heard plastic surgery is pretty expensive.

And people may use the military for different reasons. But the fact is, it is a war machine. For killing people/things whatever the reason. Perks make better workers yes. But fighting for your country should not be a bribery issue IMO. Bribes are ussually incentive to do something immoral. Preying off peoples insecurities to get them to fight and maybe die is not moral IMO.

The article is really sparse on details so I can' say it doesn't cost much extra, but based on the same article I don't see how you could say it costs a lot more then what they Army already pays. Would you rather have the doctors sitting around playing backgammon or would you rather have them doing something (they get payed the same either way). Like I said before though, there's probably better theings they could be doing.

Many people join the Army for the perks. I bet a lot of people wouldn't have joined if they only got paid the basic salary (a small army isn't a good thing to have if you're trying to be the most powerfull in the world.).

I was going to join at one point in my life, the only reason I really wanted to join though was because of *gasp* the perks (paying for education etc).

But the fact is, it is a war machine.

LOL, you need to think a little deeper, the fact is it is a diplomacy machine.

The doctors, nurses, etc.. are paid the same by the military if they do nothing or do breast implants. The facilities are there, the lights are on, the air conditioner rnning, etc..

The cost of this perk is very low, it is a cheap way to give low payed people a little something extra.

Why Bio Why?

Now, if they were to offer Fallout 2 style combat implants... then it would make sense :blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"I was going to join at one point in my life, the only reason I really wanted to join though was because of *gasp* the perks (paying for education etc)."

I know the perks attract people. *gasp* It's common sense. How else would spineless people sign up to fight and be called a **** everyday willingly?

Don't join the military unless your willing to get shot at, possibly die, and kill as well. A lot of people don't realize that.

I still think 'perks' such as breast implants etc to get people in the military is a ****ed up way to suck people in.

And if you joined, and you ended up fighting and dying.. Would you be fine with that? Or would you have not only joined because of the perks, *cough* maybe values and defending your country like you would be wrongly seen as a noble defender and hero after you faught and died for *gasp* perks???

Now if the army has plastic surgeons with contracts laying around all over the place, its not quite as bad IMO. As we are not paing much more for it. But I still think its screwed up to do something like that. Preying off their insecurities to get them to be owned by a war machine.

Ambrosia3.gif

"I was going to join at one point in my life, the only reason I really wanted to join though was because of *gasp* the perks (paying for education etc)."

I know the perks attract people. *gasp*  It's common sense.  How else would spineless people sign up to fight and be called a **** everyday willingly?

Don't join the military unless your willing to get shot at, possibly die, and kill as well.  A lot of people don't realize that.

I still think 'perks' such as breast implants etc to get people in the military is a ****ed up way to suck people in.

And if you joined, and you ended up fighting and dying..  Would you be fine with that?  Or would you have not only joined because of the perks, *cough* maybe values and defending your country like you would be wrongly seen as a noble defender and hero after you faught and died for *gasp* perks???

Now if the army has plastic surgeons with contracts laying around all over the place, its not quite as bad IMO.  As we are not paing much more for it.  But I still think its screwed up to do something like that.  Preying off their insecurities to get them to be owned by a war machine.

Getting money to go to college is a big incentive if you're not very well off. There is a lot more to the army then just a foot soldiers, you need to realize that before spouting off. Not everyone is in the front lines taking bullets. My brother is in the Army and was deployed to Iraq a while ago, he has since come back just fine. No, he wasn't a grunt, he was in the Signal Corps with the 101st Airborn division (laying down network cables and making sure everything was running properly).

Yes, If I had joined I would have been fine with dying. Not because America is my country but because being in the Army would have been my job. When you take a job you know the risks (at least you should). You weigh the risks vs the benefits (perks) and decide if it's right for you.

When I was thinking of joining, it was before 9/11 and the current war we are in. Another thing you need to realize before judging others and jumping to conclusions is that others don't always have the same value system as you.

I didn't judge you. And the 'others' I did judge are exactly that. I've known a lot of people who wouldn't stand up for a damn thing. And they joined the military because 'perks' and not being well off. One of them even died for it. I give him the benefit of the doubt that he was brave in action in his final hour. But he died because he wanted quick $.

Something I am not fond or proud of seeing.

I value your opinion, but it doesn't change mine.. I like to hear it, but my opinion is still: I think this is stupid. And the military preying off people's insecurities by offering breast implants as incentive is bull**** IMO. Yes other people have different values. But I am allowed to have mine.

Ambrosia3.gif