Claim to Fame

Darth Sirius

Well mine is I live in Tony Blairs constituency, and live about 2 miles from where he went to school. :blink: Lucky me eh? ;)

And I've also met a few quite famous (in England anyway) football stars at my uncles memorial match. Believe it or not Gazza used to be his boot boy (clean his boots after a match) before he was a footballer himself. But sadly my uncle was killed, and alot of soccer stars turned up to a match in his memory.

Well thats my claim to fame (if you could call it that :blink: )

Anyone else got any interesting stories?

He wasn't 'famous' as in everyone knew him, but he was in the Newcastle united reserve team, so he made alot of personal friends of people that really did make it big in football. And thanks man, he was young and it was hard to take but, life goes on regardless. ;)

BTW, it may just be me being uncultured, but who is Descartes?

Well, there's all sorts of minor things, such as having had my drawings published in a book when I was younger, or having briefly talked to one of the more important historians of the country.

But none of that compares to Feargus answering a PM I sent him. <3 Feargie. I'm an instacelebrity just because of that.

BTW, it may just be me being uncultured, but who is Descartes?

Some European math dude that made it big.

Actually he was a philosopher who also did some excellent mathematical breakthroughs. He died in Stockholm, Sweden, even though he was french. Guess he couldn't stand the cold..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

A few semesters ago, Holly Valance, a famous Aussie pop star appeared at my university. I was part of the team that 'welcomed' her to the university-that is, act as her personal gopher. I normally wouldn't demean myself being a celebrity's biayytch, but hey!-that year she was voted the hottest Australian woman. I couldn't resist :D

Either that or I got threatened by Henry Rollins at a Rollins Band concert. Believe me, that was a scary moment. That guy is jacked!

I ran into David Bowie at the Art Gallery Of Ontario a few years ago. I was there for the Edvard Munch exhibit, and afterwards encountered Bowie in the Moore sculpture exhibit. He's not a human, no human glows like he did.

I've met many band members in the industrial music realm, and a ton of Canadian stage/television actors. Nothing earth shattering though.

newlogo.gif

I chatted with Tim Brown of Raider's fame at Napa, while on a boarding school trip. Then had a card signed, but gave it back since it was a card my friend had given me a couple minutes before thinking he'd never be able to get it signed. I think I'm a very stupid person in some ways. :wacko:

I once started a thread IN WHICH FEARGUS HIMSELF POSTED!!

Bow down and kiss my toes, you unworthy board members.

(also, my girlfriend's classmate once got a call from Pierce Brosnan, because her father works in television and Pierce had gotten the wrong number)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hrmm... My great Uncle owns half the radio stations on Vancouver Island, and I hung out with Bryan Singer once. Got to see Rebecca Romijin Stamos in her Mystique makeup talking about turning into men while she was banging her husbad. Thats about it though. Also, my Social Studies teacher taught Pamela Anderson.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'd have to say that my favourite "fame" encounter, even moreso than meeting cEvin Key (of Skinny Puppy) or Raymond Watts (of KMFDM/Pig) would be meeting Douglas Adams. He even signed my copy of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

That was cool.

newlogo.gif

I have class from a minister, and other highly regarded people in my country (Belgium).

My father went to university with my country's prime minister.

I'm a descendant of the Dutch/Spanish writer Bredero.

None of these things are truly noteworthy, as none of these people really have achieved world fame. It just happens to be so.

I ran into Whoopi Goldberg in a bookshop in Sydney and spoke with her with a friend and chatted a couple of minutes and got her autograph. I've met Keith Potger, founding member of The Seekers; Des Renford, swam the English channel 20 times; and fortunate enough to meet Ricky May before he died :)

I've also had christmas lunch at a friends place with 5 people which included Tony Greig [the cricket commentator] and his wife Vivien.

and Henry Lawson is in my family tree. ;)

I ran into Whoopi Goldberg in a bookshop in Sydney and spoke with her with a friend and chatted a couple of minutes and got her autograph. I've met Keith Potger, founding member of The Seekers; Des Renford, swam the English channel 20 times; and fortunate enough to meet Ricky May before he died :p

I've also had christmas lunch at a friends place with 5 people which included Tony Greig [the cricket commentator] and his wife Vivien.

and Henry Lawson is in my family tree.  :)

<LAME>What? The only members of the Seekers were Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. Unless you count Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust.</LAME>

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I got to hang out with Vanilla Ice. hombre.gif

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta