Is it difficult to get in USC?

ILs

Yeah or Nope?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Yeah or Nope?

• Yes
    • No

Nope. Just twist the knob and push. Doors open pretty much the same as any other...

HAHAHA!!! :wub:

Sorry. Just being a smart-ass. I really have no idea.

The best way to find out, to be honest, is to call the admissions office and ask who to speak with in the department for the major you're interested in. That person should be able to tell you:

Average/expected/minimum high school GPA, SAT scores, etc.

If transferring credits, prior college GPA requirements, transferability of similar courses, etc.

If you're of a minority group, you can ask about programs, diversity initiatives, etc, that might aid in improving your odds of acceptance.

One thing about colleges, they expect you to take the initiative. They expect you to make the calls and seek out the people you need to talk to. Knowing college officials (friends, neighbors) they all say that they are more likely to accept a go-getter with a lesser SAT score or GPA than a "smarter" person who blindly applies and flies.

I meant, in compare with other colleges :p

Anyway, Thank you, I just hoped that someone here knows anything about it.

It's not for me. One of my friends wants to go there, and desperatly needs an advice... before he spend all of his money on a biggest mistake in his life.

Well, it makes a huge difference whether you're going in as a freshman, transfer, or advance degree student. I have a friend who recently applied to attend Grad school for Classical Studies. She didn't make it, but that department can be a little on the tough side. As far as tuition and fees, it's a private school, so expect to pay.

Grandpa's advice is quite sound. It is imperative that you understand the process, call and talk to the secretaries of the particular department in which you are interested, are willing to glad-hand with the faculty and staff, and generally competent. It greatly helps to have some extra-curricular activities and something to show for yourself outside of academics. Of course, this is general advice for any school.

If you have a good record, it should be much easier to transfer into USC. As far as advanced degrees go, I wouldn't know. I'm not much interested in USC at any rate. I went not long ago to USC for a Classics seminar. I really didn't like the attitude, not only of the faculty, but also the students. ...And they demonstrate the same mid to late twentieth century bias I see from virtually all professors in the field. Rat bastards.

My biggest bit of advice is: go to UCLA. I much prefer it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I though they give finanicial aid on a need basis so long as you are accepted your financial needs will be met.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

My biggest bit of advice is: go to UCLA. I much prefer it.

Yes, he has UCLA on the list to apply...

Well, from what I've heard as the son of a UCLA alumni, and the good friend of a USC alumni.....UCLA will give you just as good as an education as USC, for usually a lot less since it's state run and not private, hence more scholorships and other payment options. Although the major perk to going to USC is that it's a private school, and hence makes people look at you better because you paid more for the same education like a chump rather than going to a State run college getting the same education for alot less. Basically, the popular crowd in the adult level. I will say that USC's mascot is cooler (who wants freaking Teddy Bears), and that I hear their parties are wilder.

Back when I was looking to be a psychology major, I wanted to go to USC, but since then those plans have been scrapped in favor of the local JC and then Digipen. ;)