How many more KOTOR games will there be?

How many more installments of KOTOR do you think there will be?

I've heard all sorts of different ideas, one of which is that KOTOR will mimic the films in that it'll be a "trilogy", meaning one more game after TSL. But some interviews seem to suggest that depending on how well the game keeps doing, it'll keep on making new ones.

So what do you guys/gals think? Do you think the KOTOR franchise will end after the release of TSL? Do you think they'll do one more game to make it a trilogy? Or do you think that KOTOR will follow Final Fantasy's lead and keep making them?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I seriously doubt it will be endless. Final Fantasy has that niche cornered and Star Wars just doesnt seem to work that way to me. However, the thing about FF is the games are completely unrelated. Each game is a new universe and new characters. KOTOR I and II are continuations of the same story. Depending upon sales of TSL, I believe it is possible even likely that a third will be made to finish the story line. However, eventually it will have to end and the game saga will as well. Unless they introduce a totally new cast and story a la FF.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

well the devs, commenting on the TSL ending, have said things like "you'll really be looking into a sequel"; which is what unleashed the hype about Kotor being on the way to a Trilogy. I think in emulation of the movies, Kotor may well be a trilogy, because 1)It's going to sell well! 2)They're unlikely to push the story too much into 4th, 5th, etc. episodes, given the practically inexhaustible amount of material-available time scales in the SW universe: So they'll stop at 3, and maybe make more SW RPGs that take place elsewhere.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Another game development company. They were involved in Arcanum and TOEE, two RPGs of which you might have heard. Right now theyre working on Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I find it kind of sad

Arcanum was okay, ToEE was a POS, and Bloodlines looks like a Goth version of Deus Ex.  Overall, I am not impressed by their ability to make games.

*shrug* I thought Arcanum was pretty good. At least the story aspects.

I find it kind of sad

I seriously doubt it will be endless. Final Fantasy has that niche cornered and Star Wars just doesnt seem to work that way to me. However, the thing about FF is the games are completely unrelated. Each game is a new universe and new characters. KOTOR I and II are continuations of the same story. Depending upon sales of TSL, I believe it is possible even likely that a third will be made to finish the story line. However, eventually it will have to end and the game saga will as well. Unless they introduce a totally new cast and story a la FF.

Indeed, and that's why i doubt if we will even see a third KotOR game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Indeed, and that's why i doubt if we will even see a third KotOR game.

We'll have a better idea after we play TSL.

Hopefully ;)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

A third kotor game will really not work. You'll have to answer how you ended BOTH the previous games, most likely. So by kotor 5 most of the game will be spent telling it how you played last time :/

Not necessarily, as wouldnt the ending of the second game take into account the ending of the first? Thus you would only have to describe one ending. Or maybe youre right and you describe 2. Is that really so much to ask for a a great game?

I find it kind of sad

A third kotor game will really not work. You'll have to answer how you ended BOTH the previous games, most likely. So by kotor 5 most of the game will be spent telling it how you played last time :/

Or better yet set it a few hundred years later so that the ending of the previous game doesn't matter. These are Star Wars RPGs. Who is to say that they need to be connected from one to the next.

Or better yet set it a few hundred years later so that the ending of the previous game doesn't matter. These are Star Wars RPGs. Who is to say that they need to be connected from one to the next.

This was sort of what I was referring to.

Not necessarily a line of 10 or so games all to do with the KOTOR timeline or the Revan story, but SW RPG in general, that follow the formula for KOTOR, but maybe all set in different times.

I think it would be cool (if the story made sense) to have a trilogy a few thousand years later (about halfway between KOTOR and the prequel era) and then a final trilogy set about a thousand years AFTER Return of the Jedi.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not getting this, how can there not be a 3rd, 4th, or even 11th KOTOR game? You people seem to forget that Star Wars as a whole is massive. We have the 6 movies, we have loads of novels/comics that takes place in between these 6 movies. We have loads of novels/comics that takes place after these 6 movies. We have loads of novels/comics that takes place before these 6 movies. When it comes to Star Wars, the idea possiblitities are limitless.

I believe that KOTOR could follow the path of FF but for that to work these games CANNOT be direct sequels of one another. They have to have their own stories, locations, and characters and have NOTHING to do with the previous game....other then its a Star Wars RPG.