TSL Plot?????

I could be way off my rocker with this one folks... but as I was... well...er... lets say "under the influence" last night, I came up with what seems like it could very well be the plot for TSLs.

Here is what we know so far: takes place 5 years after KOTOR when you are thought to be the last remaining jedi. Also, the devs have stated that the apprentece role will have a place in this game.

So I was thinking... since you are the supposed last jedi (although we know there will be at least a couple more), there must not be a Jedi Counsel any more. Thus, if you chose to play the game on the light side, would it not make sense that in the end (after concouring the sith threat) you would be responsible for re-establishing the order and the jedi counsel with yourself and the jedi members of your party (along with any others throughout the game)? Or, on the flip side, if you play the game on the dark side, doesn't it seem like your purpose would be to finish the game as THE Sith Lord, and you and your apprentice would begin the practice of always having the Sith Master and Sith apprentice?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...... food for thought

Everything now is just speculation. Im sorry to say this, but just because you had a feeling doesnt mean youre remotely close to the true plotline. I wish we could stop doing this to ourselves. Devs, free us from this endless denial!

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Or, on the flip side, if you play the game on the dark side, doesn't it seem like your purpose would be to finish the game as THE Sith Lord, and you and your apprentice would begin the practice of always having the Sith Master and Sith apprentice?

Only if you changed your name to Darth Bane and traveled in time 3000 years into the future.

Or, on the flip side, if you play the game on the dark side, doesn't it seem like your purpose would be to finish the game as THE Sith Lord, and you and your apprentice would begin the practice of always having the Sith Master and Sith apprentice?

Only if you changed your name to Darth Bane and traveled in time 3000 years into the future.

That's a thing about KOTOR: the Sith practice of having an apparentice is there then, but as far as I know, Bane decided that it should not go beyond that, which is seems to do in KOTOR; as soon as the Sith is judged ready, he/she goes on, or kills his/her master to go on... and in the earlier case, the master just take another apparentice.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

That's a thing about KOTOR: the Sith practice of having an apparentice is there then, but as far as I know, Bane decided that it should not go beyond that, which is seems to do in KOTOR; as soon as the Sith is judged ready, he/she goes on, or kills his/her master to go on... and in the earlier case, the master just take another apparentice.

Except that Bane also decided there will never be more than a maximum of 2 Sith at all times. As KOTOR2 shows, there were multiple Sith Lords at the same time during its time frame.

Except that Bane also decided there will never be more than a maximum of 2 Sith at all times. As KOTOR2 shows, there were multiple Sith Lords at the same time during its time frame.

I think if I understand it correctly the rule of two implies that the master can't have more than one apprentice. mind you I could be way off anyone know if I am right or wrong on this?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

You're right.

But,

I could be way off my rocker with this one folks... but as I was... well...er... lets say "under the influence" last night, I came up with what seems like it could very well be the plot for TSLs.

Here is what we know so far: takes place 5 years after KOTOR when you are thought to be the last remaining jedi. Also, the devs have stated that the apprentece role will have a place in this game.

So I was thinking... since you are the supposed last jedi (although we know there will be at least a couple more), there must not be a Jedi Counsel any more. Thus, if you chose to play the game on the light side, would it not make sense that in the end (after concouring the sith threat) you would be responsible for re-establishing the order and the jedi counsel with yourself and the jedi members of your party (along with any others throughout the game)? Or, on the flip side, if you play the game on the dark side, doesn't it seem like your purpose would be to finish the game as THE Sith Lord, and you and your apprentice would begin the practice of always having the Sith Master and Sith apprentice?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...... food for thought

What? Aren't these pretty much a given? I mean, irregardless of the plotline, if you're playing LS you'll have to re-establish the Jedi Council, and if you're DS, you have to be THE Dark Lord. Unless of course, the ending is much more open-ended with an option of being morally gray.

I'm not trying to be condescending or anything like that. I'm just saying, these outcomes seem more like an end result rather than an entire plotline. I mean, don't they seem more like consequences and not necessarily actions?

and if you're DS, you have to be THE Dark Lord.

Why would you HAVE to be the Dark lord? :rolleyes:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I think if I understand it correctly the rule of two implies that the master can't have more than one apprentice. mind you I could be way off anyone know if I am right or wrong on this?

You are correct.

but does that mean there can only be a total of two dark lords in the galaxy at anyone time?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

but does that mean there can only be a total of two dark lords in the galaxy at anyone time?

Only a total of two dark lords, yes, if you follow Bane's rule. But even if Bane followed this tradition and his successsors did, there have probably also been other dark force users in both Bane's and his successors time. But they have not been Sith Lords, so I think their power can't relly be compared to that of the Sith's, unless they were ex-jedi...

Also, the devs have stated that the apprentece role will have a place in this game.

Where do they say that?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Also, the devs have stated that the apprentece role will have a place in this game.

Where do they say that?

Feargus said in an interview that one theme of the game is exploring the master/apprentice relationship.

Where do they say that?

Feargus said in an interview that one theme of the game is exploring the master/apprentice relationship.

Do u know the link for that?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

If you mean in Darth Bane's restructured Sith order, then it means there's only 2 Sith....AT ALL. This is so that they can stay hidden from the Jedi. Because if they were like in KOTOR, they'd be detected quickly. And this was a time period when the Jedi were dominant. Why do you think Darth Bane reformed the Sith Order? :blink:

Guest Fallen Jedi

Where do they say that?

Do u know the link for that?

Just see the first page of the Ask a Dev-Take two thread. I believe it's there

What's the underlying theme in Kotor II

We aren