KotORIII with Yuuzahn Vong

KOTOR III after Ep6, with the new race (Yuuzahn Vong) that took over Coruscant, In the book series: The new jedi order. I think they should have the game like a thousand years after the star wars trilogy, we might even get to see Luke!! or his children, I mean yoda lived so long why not Luke?? Wouldn't it be cool to start to walk in a door way and it would say: enter skywalker palace. lol.

*shoots pop out her nose*

You know, not long after KotOR came out, I was chattering with some fellow players in an online text-based RPG, and actually wondered if there was a possibility of a post-ROTJ set KotNR game. If there were, it should have all the EU stuff from the NR era. It should have Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, and a few others, not just Luke and the trilogy people. Who should be the enemy though? Yhuuzan Vong? Imperial Remnant? Or something else? :)

kotOR belongs to its spesific time period, of course; but given that a Kotor Trilogy -*if* it becomes one- would probably become a huge success, it's perfectly feasible that similarly styled games can be designed, that take place at various times-places inside the SW galaxy.

and by the way this is sheer madness, this SW business means an *infinite amount of money* for Lucas, it's his star forge. The material is simply inexhaustible, and there's no end to new generations of fans emerging.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

A KotNR game could be cool, but a problem I might see with it would be making it enjoyable and accessible for someone with little or no knowledge of the EU. For example, before KotOR, the only Star Wars stuff I knew outside of the movies were the old X-Wing game and the Pod Racing game. I had no idea Exur Kun existed outside of KotOR until I came to this forum. But I enjoyed KotOR's story a lot, because everything I really needed to know was explained in KotOR.

But from what I've heard, there seems to be so much stuff that occurs after the movies, that a KotNR game could be very confusing or overwealming to a player--"Papaltine living on through clones? Yuuzahn Vong? Luke's married to some Mara person? What the heck?"

Just thinking of the posiblities, not saying that it's going to be, It would be awesome, just think about, how cool it would be to have all thouse charaters and meeting them on a planet far far away. Or maybe saving Luke from a certin death. Hahaha, yea I know its not true, but maybe after the series gets old they can start up with KotNR. We could even have one connected to Ep4-6 KotR (knights of the rebellion)lol.

A KOTNR would be very good to see, especially since so many characters, races and various enemies from that timeline are familiar to us. But for now, I think people should concentrate on KOTOR 2 & 3, :)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

A KotNR game could be cool, but a problem I might see with it would be making it enjoyable and accessible for someone with little or no knowledge of the EU. For example, before KotOR, the only Star Wars stuff I knew outside of the movies were the old X-Wing game and the Pod Racing game. I had no idea Exur Kun existed outside of KotOR until I came to this forum. But I enjoyed KotOR's story a lot, because everything I really needed to know was explained in KotOR.

I knew nothing besides the movies before I came here and when I leave I will have hopefully a bigger 'profolio'. But if they make a KotNR game, it has to be able to explain it for some one with no idea of star wars besides the movies. Kotor did, and Kotor II doesn't need to explain much besides it's own storyline.

I have a question If they wants to make a rpg for say the Mandalorian wars or the Exar Kun war. What would they call the game? Knights Of The Older Republic? And how come it seems Star Wars items, come in threes? Did GL decide everything to do with star wars have to be trilogys?

Evolutionary Development

What are the Yuuzhan Vong anway?

A race with armor that can't be cut be a light saber and the people arn't effected by the force or force powers. Go to www.starwars.com, there database must have somthing on the race.

THe Yuuzhan Vong where complete and utter garbage. The New Jedi Order series ruined every starwars book for me. It was by far the worst idea ever created. i think whoever thought of it should be dragged into the street and shot, so to speak.

I mean I used to like Star Wars because of the stories and movies. For instance I thought the Thrawn trilogy and the Jedi Academy Trilogy where great additions to te Star Wars universe, but the Yuuzhan Vong totally destroyed my love of the stories and now all I like is the saber combat...plain and simple.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Yea I know exactly what you mean, when I heard that Coruscant was literally destroyed by the new race, it was kind of in a weird sort of way destroyed the star wars universe for me. I would like to be around all the characters they have now in maybe a KotNR. But doesnt the YV oddly remind you of Zerg(from starcraft)?? I think they tried to get back into it with an all powerfull race, but now the universe isn't like the star wars universe anymore, its kind of a new universe, one that only revolves around the YV. Like the SW universe was about jedi and its quest to balance the force and bring peace for the universe in the perile of doing whats right in a world faught between dark and light. They jedi play no rule, there is no jedi order, only Luke and a few others, its like the whole universe against them, and what we grew up with, it wasn't like that at all. What I hate most about it, was that they kill chewbacca, after that I could never get over what the writer did. It's painfull to read those books now. I really don't even think it of SW anymore. More or less another book. Its easier to read, not with all the objections in my head about what hes righting about. I still think a KotNR could benifite from this, put a slight twist to things and maybe just maybe make it better.

Yea I know exactly what you mean, when I heard that Coruscant was literally destroyed by the new race, it was kind of in a weird sort of way destroyed the star wars universe for me. I would like to be around all the characters they have now in maybe a KotNR. But doesnt the YV oddly remind you of Zerg(from starcraft)?? I think they tried to get back into it with an all powerfull race, but now the universe isn't like the star wars universe anymore, its kind of a new universe, one that only revolves around the YV. Like the SW universe was about jedi and its quest to balance the force and bring peace for the universe in the perile of doing whats right in a world faught between dark and light. They jedi play no rule, there is no jedi order, only Luke and a few others, its like the whole universe against them, and what we grew up with, it wasn't like that at all. What I hate most about it, was that they kill chewbacca, after that I could never get over what the writer did. It's painfull to read those books now. I really don't even think it of SW anymore. More or less another book. Its easier to read, not with all the objections in my head about what hes righting about. I still think a KotNR could benifite from this, put a slight twist to things and maybe just maybe make it better.

Are these stories approved by Lucasarts? If true, sheeeeesh......

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think he can probly just say that there unoffical, and then they wouldn't be true I think. I'm not sure, why couldn't he?

I think he can probly just say that there unoffical, and then they wouldn't be true I think. I'm not sure, why couldn't he?

Because the whole idea sounds horrible.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy