Bridging the Gap

I know KOTOR II isn't here yet, but they started it before KOTOR I was out, so it won't be all too long before KOTOR III gets started. Which make me wonder about the story a little.

I think you may end up being the "last known Jedi" again (or at least, one of the few left) in KOTOR III. In KOTOR II, we know you are one of few Jedi left. Either you can be light and destroy Sith and then train new Jedi (not necessarily in game, but between the games), your dark and you kill as many Jedi as possible, or many years pass from KOTOR II and KOTOR III for the Jedi to grow in numbers.

I don't think KOTOR II and KOTOR III will be seperated by many years, so I'm thinking you'll be one of the few Jedi left in KOTOR III again. But wouldn't be kind of lame to be "the last Jedi left" again.

Any thoughts?

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

I'd like a game where you don't play a jedi... Just an ordinary Soldier, Scout or Scoundrel. I think it'd make for a fun game, with the Jedi being forces to look up to instead of your companions.

*Starts counting down the time until Hades_One replies with his usual complaint*

^Actually, I'll take the honors this time. Hades

deserves a break. This topic is speculation, speculation,

and fantasy based on speculation. We know few concrete

details about the plot of KOTOR II, and you're already trying to

write the sequel.

There's so little actual meat here, this topic can only

be filled with spam. <_<

I'd like a game where you don't play a jedi... Just an ordinary Soldier, Scout or Scoundrel.

Then try one of these.

Star Wars Battlefront

Star Wars Republic Commando

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike.

None of those are CRPGs.

I would like to play a CRPG, not a bloodly MMOPRG, in the Star Wars universe that the character I make will never ever be a stupid munchkin force user.

I'd like a game where you don't play a jedi... Just an ordinary Soldier, Scout or Scoundrel.

Then try one of these.

Star Wars Battlefront

Star Wars Republic Commando

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike.

None of those are CRPGs.

I would like to play a CRPG, not a bloodly MMOPRG, in the Star Wars universe that the character I make will never ever be a stupid munchkin force user.

I don't think that will ever happen, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, that sounds pretty boring to me. Who wants to play an rpg in which your character doesn't become extremely powerful throughout the course of the game. If you're going to play as a soldier or scoundral or whatever for the entire game, then it would probably be best for it to be an action game of some kind.

Not to mention crossing a Dark Jedi. That would be very hard. Not like kotor where you kill like 50 dark jedi in one battle.

Yeah, indeed. It's apparently very, very hard for even the best fighter to battle a Jedi or Dark Jedi and live to tell the tale. Remember that vibro-blade you can buy of a merchant on Tatioone, I think? The blade apparently belonged to someone who fought Revan, but whose skill was in the end not enough to best him (Then, again, Revan was the Dark Lord of the Sith and would thus probably be extra hard to beat). That gives a hint of how hard it is to battle a Dark Jedi in single-combat.. <_<

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Yeah, that sounds pretty boring to me. Who wants to play an rpg in which your character doesn't become extremely powerful throughout the course of the game. If you're going to play as a soldier or scoundral or whatever for the entire game, then it would probably be best for it to be an action game of some kind.

Who says you need a lightsaber to become an extreme badass? I actually agree with Hades on this point: I wouldn't mind a KotOR-esque game in which your character is just some faceless human. Let's face it, being savior of the galaxy gets old. I'd love a game that would let me become the KotOR equivalent of Boba Fett. One that would pit me as someone just struggling to survive, who eventually grows to become a famous bounty hunter/mercenary/bandit/smuggler.

Not to mention crossing a Dark Jedi. That would be very hard. Not like kotor where you kill like 50 dark jedi in one battle.

It would just make it that much sweeter when you do manage to kill the stupid 'munchkin force user.'

Edit:

Yeah, indeed. It's apparently very, very hard for even the best fighter to battle a Jedi or Dark Jedi and live to tell the tale.

and

Remember that vibro-blade you can buy of a merchant on Tatioone, I think? The blade apparently belonged to someone who fought Revan

and

That gives a hint of how hard it is to battle a Dark Jedi in single-combat..

No, that just tells us that the guy couldn't kill the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Crossing a Dark Jedi in JK2, before you became a Jedi was sort of fun. He didn't leap up and attack you, he just turned on his saber and sort of circled you. I'd fire my gun and he'd deflect the shots. Throwing a detonator he'd push it away (and you'd fall to the ground with it). Finally, I switched to by stun baton and just charged him. He picked me up and force choked me.

It was the most fun I had getting my ass kicked :wub:

Crossing a Dark Jedi in JK2, before you became a Jedi was sort of fun. He didn't leap up and attack you, he just turned on his saber and sort of circled you. I'd fire my gun and he'd deflect the shots. Throwing a detonator he'd push it away (and you'd fall to the ground with it). Finally, I switched to by stun baton and just charged him. He picked me up and force choked me.

It was the most fun I had getting my ass kicked :wub:

returning the favor at the end was the most satisfying part for me :)

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

No, that just tells us that the guy couldn't kill the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Oh, alright, I get your point :). I still believe that for a non-foce-user, fightning a Jedi or Dark Jedi is almost suicide.. :wub:.

Still, I'd not mind a game where we could paly a Bounty Hunter like Boba Fett or somethign like that. But if so, whatever Jedi or Dark Jedi that would appear there would have to not be so easily beaten :)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Why?

If it's a party based RPG, what is wrong with the main character not being a Jedi? There can still be Jedis in the remainder of your party. It's like only playing as magic casters in D&D CRPGs as your main character. Variety is good. Besides, wouldn't you want to try to play a Jango Fett like bounty hunter who could take on Jedis by himself?

You guys are saying fighting a jedi is suicide. Yeah sure but very killed men could kill jedi. Jango Fett killed that one jedi in Ep 2 and in the Bounty Hunter game. Also in Kotor 1 the Mandalorians weren't afriad to fight jedi as they fought to the end against Revan and his fleet of jedi. Plus, Shuerkhad two lightsabers from the jedi he's killed. So it just takes skill to kill a jedi.

Evolutionary Development

Alot of jedi died in that battle and somewhere because of Jango. Somewhere on the starwars site i read that he filled jedi in that battle.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I just don't remember seeing many on camera other than those two. He was watching for awhile with Count Dooku from the balcony until Windu came in. Fett threw fire at him and Windu jumped over the balcony and I suppose Fett followed.

During the battle between the Jedi and the Droids, one of the Jedi jumps into Dooku's balcony. Fett shoots at the Jedi and the Jedi falls out of the balcony (I would assume he died, he didn't look like he was going to land on his feet). The segment is only 15 or 20 seconds long, if even that long.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Ordinary men can kill Jedi... I've had Canderous, Carth and even Mission take on Dark Jedi single handedly before.

lol. Mission Vao can kill a dark Jedi single handed. How tough can they be? :D

T3-M4 with a shield disruptor or such certainly can. Easily. 20 points of damage and it essentially automatically hits. The advanced models hit for even more than 20 points,. :D

Yeah, that sounds pretty boring to me.  Who wants to play an rpg in which your character doesn't become extremely powerful throughout the course of the game.  If you're going to play as a soldier or scoundral or whatever for the entire game, then it would probably be best for it to be an action game of some kind.

Why?

If it's a party based RPG, what is wrong with the main character not being a Jedi? There can still be Jedis in the remainder of your party. It's like only playing as magic casters in D&D CRPGs as your main character. Variety is good. Besides, wouldn't you want to try to play a Jango Fett like bounty hunter who could take on Jedis by himself?

Not entirely impossible, but there should be a very strong and good story behind it though. Running around being a bountyhunter and smuggling just to get more credits sounds indeed a bit boring. Maybe if the game portraits you the same way as the hobbits did in Lord of the Rings...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not entirely impossible, but there should be a very strong and good story behind it though. Running around being a bountyhunter and smuggling just to get more credits sounds indeed a bit boring. Maybe if the game portraits you the same way as the hobbits did in Lord of the Rings...

You mean as annoying little people with hairy feet? ;)

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

You mean as annoying little people with hairy feet? ;)

Heh.

Seriously though, your role would be significant to the story but you wouldn't be in best and biggest battles, leave that to the old Jedi vs. Sith.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, for a SW game where we wouldn't be a Jedi or something, I wouldn't mind a story where we are someone like Kir Kanos...