Character Creation

Yeah that should be possible .. It would also make your charachter feel more like your own! I didn't really like any of the male faces from KOTOR1 .. and really missed that option as well!

Is it hard to program or are they just lazy? :rolleyes:

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

That sort of character creation is irrelevant.  Pretty pictures doesn't make a character.  Its the character's stats, skills, abilities, that makes a character, at the core, what he or she is.

True .. but a part of roleplaying is also identifying with your character.. And in a computergame you need a face .. since it's visual! and why not make it one you can identify with? it just make roleplaying easier ..

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't use the computer graphics to limit my character.  I play the character how I envision him through his or her creation applying class, stats, and skill points.  The graphic can have a paper bag over his face as far as I care.

I understand your perspective.. but I relate that way to a sit-down, where I don't need a drawing/illustration.. since its a different kind of game! where you need to visualize yourself..

I like a face to identify with my charachter in a computergame! and him having a paper bag over his head would make me suspect he was very ugly .. ^_^

Well I don't think were going to agree .. but cheers to different opinions! :)

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

In theory there is 6 .. well since the dark and light side only differ by name that doesn't really count .. but I don't think there are more than the 3 classes? Otherwise yes! that is very limiting ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I count LS and DS as role play options, not a part of character creation.

well. much like the first game we seem to get to switch classes to a prestage class, which opens up 18 different ways to build the toon... I don't really see that as limiting... it's more than the first. plus, you progress longer... and get more feats and force powers to pick from...

how excitly is it limited? I must be missing something. Unless you want to pick from non Jedi classes... which i don't really. (well i guess some free class feats like sneak attack and Uncanny Doudge would be nice... the rest can be bought... of scoundrels luck too. Any others?)

KingSnake.

I think deeper character creation would be great. One thing about Kotor was that most of the other characters in your group had a distinctive style...clothes etc., while your character really didn't. It would be nice to actually create your character a little more....but I don't think they (obsidian) can do it.

well. much like the first game we seem to get to switch classes to a prestage class, which opens up 18 different ways to build the toon... I don't really see that as limiting... it's more than the first. plus, you progress longer... and get more feats and force powers to pick from...

how excitly is it limited? I must be missing something. Unless you want to pick from non Jedi classes... which i don't really. (well i guess some free class feats like sneak attack and Uncanny Doudge would be nice... the rest can be bought... of scoundrels luck too. Any others?)

KingSnake.

Its limiting since all the force classes play the same. There is no significant difference between the guardian and a sentinel. No significant difference between a sentinel or a consular, or even a consular and guardian. As for the prestige classes, each one seems to be the same prestige class except one ios LS focus and the other DS focus. Big freaking deal. As I said, LS and DS are role play options not character creation options. I like to have seen a better and deeper character creation process than what was in KotOR 2.

KingSnake.

Its limiting since all the force classes play the same. There is no significant difference between the guardian and a sentinel. No significant difference between a sentinel or a consular, or even a consular and guardian. As for the prestige classes, each one seems to be the same prestige class except one ios LS focus and the other DS focus. Big freaking deal. As I said, LS and DS are role play options not character creation options. I like to have seen a better and deeper character creation process than what was in KotOR 2.

But from what i understand, and i may indeed be wrong, but each prestige class has access to a speciality force powers/feats. which would make them 6 different choices, and 18 different outcomes... more than just a RP aspect.

anyway, yeah i guess they don't play ALOT different, but they are different, belive me. From a min max / stats geek point of view, they are VERY different, it's must a matter of, will the differences MATTER than worrie me.

will the extra skills the sentenal MATER at all in game play, if so, then you'll see a night and day differenc between them and the other two.

will the enimes be more force resistint? if so, you'll see a HUGE difference with the consular over the other 2?

Will the enimes be harder melee wize? If so, the extra BAB of the Guardian will be much more noticable.

as for the prestage classes, if they accually do have speacil options, be it feats or powers, so long as they are meaningful and useful, it'll add depth to the Char development prossess. IF not, then yeah, I see your point.

you see, that was the one problem with KoToR.

On paper, the each class had it's own strengths and weaknesses.... and they were apperent, ON PAPER. but the game was so easy, you never SAW the weakeness of any one build.

the sentenal and counslers BaB was substantically lower than the guardiens (from a d20 point of view), but it didn't matter, you still clobbered stuff with your DBL bladed saber staff....

the Counsler was much more powerful with the force, but it didn't matter, you still effected the enemies just the same, reguardless of class...

and skills...were a joke.

So, so long as the new game is HARDER, the differences in the classes should be more obvious, and the game play should be different depending on the class you play. Noticably different.

I'm at least giving these guys the benifit of the doubt, and hoping they've made the game harder. If they havent.... well... at least you FEEL really really powerful anyway... :unsure:

KingSnake.

Well how many classes would a jedi have to choose from? The basic question would be, are you going to train to be one with the force, or are you going to wield a lightsaber better then the average jedi. Maybe a balance? Seems pretty logical to me, but if you really have big problems with it then theres always pen and paper. ;)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ya and I would like a little more control over the way my character looks

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think the devs have stated they've added more variety in faces, but I don't think it'll be to the extent where the choices are vastly different than KOTOR 1.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think they said that robes will either be up or down, but you won't be able to move the hood up and down on an idividual robe, basically it will be predetermined if the robe has a hood or not.

Regardless of what some might say I would very much like to have much more options with regards to face, clothing and body in the character creation process.

Face and body, yeah, i'd like that. I always make my heros short. (don't ask why. mabye because i see myself as short. LOL.)

But in KoToR, my main was alway fairly tall... unless i went scoundrel... which wasn't my fav. starting class. (although they can be made into melee powerhouses with a stun force move, master spd, and level 3 or 4 sneak attack.)

As far as face options go... give us more... but I HATE the make your own face options.... i have no artistic talent, and all my made up faces end up looking stupid or deformed... Coures I guess i could let my artiest sister make me a face....

(funny side note. I play CoH ((city of heros)) and made my first guy's look myself. I liked it, but, my second toon, i let her desigin... and wasn't logged on 2 mins before i started getting PM's with complments on how cool I looked.... she's desigened every one of my guys since. LOL.)

as far as cloths go... I'd imanage there will end up being one or 2 uber robes... that look the same... so even if it would be nice to edit your cloths at start up... our armor or robes will over right it, so is it really a nessery thing?

KingSnake.

When it comes to fashion that is also role play options, not character creation. Maybe we might have more character creation options if they didn't focus so much on the lame Jedi classes.

Classes at first level I would have liked being available:

Soldier

Scoundrel

Scout

Force Adept

Guardian

Consulor

Sentinel

By putting in 7 available classes, increase the multiclass capabilties, and add in more prestige classes than just LS/DS force using classes, then KotOR2 would have been a worthy sequel in the character creation/development department.

Even if I stink at designing a face, I would still like the option .. But as long as the faces vary and there are more to pick from I'll be content for now .. There is nothing wrong with extra features, as long as they don't come at the expence of other more important aspects!

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.